The Abundant Energy Legacy

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Yeah your diet is fairly similar to mine, and it seems to work great in both regards. Like the supplement stack aswell. Keep goin mate
Thanks for sharing, yes I really like this way of eating. I got a lot of dietary ideas from Stan Efferding with The Vertical Diet.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Quick update:

I forgot to tell you, but I didn‘t sleep that well the last multiple days. I felt restless, slightly tight muscles and couldn’t sleep that deeply. Sleep was basically totally fragmented. Also felt really hot in terms of body temperature at night, which really sucks.

Last night I was laying awake still at 2am after 3h in bed and I was thinking about what I could try.
I did go to the bathroom, intuitively took 5‘000 IU of vitamin D3 sublingually, drank some calcium-rich mineral water and headed back to bed. Almost immediately fell asleep into deep sleep.

Was wondering if the vitamin D was too low lately, because there was no real sunlight in my region. And I am consuming quite a bit of beef liver + carrots + orange fruits, which provide plenty of vitamin A, but when unopposed by a lack of vitamin D it may hurt calcium homeostasis? My tightness in my muscles also resolved very quickly afterwards.

OccamzRazer

I forgot to tell you, but I didn‘t sleep that well the last multiple days. I felt restless, slightly tight muscles and couldn’t sleep that deeply. Sleep was basically totally fragmented. Also felt really hot in terms of body temperature at night, which really sucks.
Do you avoid your phone/computer at night?

Wearing [real] blue blockers and/or applying red light in the evening can also help.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Do you avoid your phone/computer at night?

Wearing [real] blue blockers and/or applying red light in the evening can also help.
Yes I usually use them but didn’t the last few days! But will get back into using them tonight. I am also watching my nicotine and caffeine intake again - this is most important for me getting back to good sleep hygiene - having a adequate cut-off point where I not consume any stimulants anymore - for me it was 11am today.

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Sleep is somewhat improved after wearing bluelight blocking glasses again and avoiding coffee after the morning hours (2-4 espresso after breakfast) and avoiding nicotine all together the last 3 days. I am amazed about how much less I feel this sort of low-grade subtile nervousness with less coffee and no nicotine. Will definitely continue doing that.

I am also getting back into lifting regularly again, which feels great. I am currently doing a push/pull split 3-4 times a week.

Push training:

Flat bench press (3 x 6-10)
Hammer Strength shoulder press (3 x 8-12)
Chest flys (3x 12-15)
Side lateral raises (3-5 x 10-20)
Rope extension (3 x 8-12)
Banded leg extension (5 x 12-20)

Pull training:

Lat pulldown (3 x 8-10)
Cable rows, narrow grip (3 x 8-12)
Cable pullovers (3 x 12-15)
Reverse Flys (3 x 12-15)
Cable curls (3 x 8-12)
Leg curls (5 x 12-20)
Calf raises (3 x 10-15)

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Diet still super simple, but enjoyable for me:
400g (uncooked weight) basmati rice, 600g lean ground beef, 30-50g beef liver, 5g olive oil, 20g collagen powder, 1L pure clementine juice, 1-2 mangos, grapes, pomegranate, couple of coffee, salt to taste and a few bottles of Gerolsteiner mineral water.

Supplementation:
200mg Thiamin, 300mg magnesium, 3-9mg boron, 200-400mcg chromium, 200mcg vitamin K2-7,100 IU vitamin E, 450-900mg whole-food vitamin C complex.

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

Simple is the way to go once you've dialed things in!

Have you tried upping the collagen? It doesn't seem very practical, but I've wondered if getting most of one's protein from collagen would be best for longevity.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Simple is the way to go once you've dialed things in!

Have you tried upping the collagen? It doesn't seem very practical, but I've wondered if getting most of one's protein from collagen would be best for longevity.
Yes, Ray stated somewhere that up to 30% of total protein intake could come from gelatin.
I eat pretty high amounts of ground beef and this supplies quite a lot of glycine. (on the back of the package it says that up to 15% of protein content comes from collagen)

I think that haidut stated on the latest podcast with Danny that 10g of gelatin per pound of beef is sufficient to balance the amino acid profile.
So I think I am quite in the good range with 20g collagen per 1.5-2lbs of beef.

I might try out the haidut burger recipe, with collagen and calcium carbonate to balance the Ca:P ratio.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Quick update:

Energy is good. The over-all experience has improved a lot by incorporating niacinamide again.
It is just like a wonder-drug for improving my mood. And yes I think that using it at such high doses is using it as a therapeutic drug, not a dietary supplement anymore.
It gives me this sensation of child-like playfulness and goofiness.

Currently at 2.000mg, splitted into two doses. I try to consume it before noon, because it can cause insomnia due to the pro-energy properties.

Still baffled with niacinamide. Lower doses seem to be very stimulating, while higher doses lead to relaxation. On a high dose, all the visual input I observe feel so much more colorful and sharp as if it does improve my eye sight. Almost feels LSD-like.

My favourite stack at the moment:
100mg B1, 1g NAM,1g TMG, 150mg magnesium, 200mg CoQ10.

equipoise

Quick update:

Energy is good. The over-all experience has improved a lot by incorporating niacinamide again.
It is just like a wonder-drug for improving my mood. And yes I think that using it at such high doses is using it as a therapeutic drug, not a dietary supplement anymore.
It gives me this sensation of child-like playfulness and goofiness.

Currently at 2.000mg, splitted into two doses. I try to consume it before noon, because it can cause insomnia due to the pro-energy properties.

Still baffled with niacinamide. Lower doses seem to be very stimulating, while higher doses lead to relaxation. On a high dose, all the visual input I observe feel so much more colorful and sharp as if it does improve my eye sight. Almost feels LSD-like.

My favourite stack at the moment:
100mg B1, 1g NAM,1g TMG, 150mg magnesium, 200mg CoQ10.
How much coffee are you drinking? 2g's of niacinamide burns through gylcogen like nothing. It sure is sedating, but also uncouples like mad. Then again, I also like my coffee strong, and I drink loads of it.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

How much coffee are you drinking? 2g's of niacinamide burns through gylcogen like nothing. It sure is sedating, but also uncouples like mad. Then again, I also like my coffee strong, and I drink loads of it.
1 or 2 cups in the morning only lately.

I haven‘t observed any glycogen depletion sensation from niacinamide yet.
Caffeine on the other hand can do it much more quickly.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

But I also eat a high carb diet with 500-600g carbohydrates a day, so that might help to put all that niacinamide into good work.

I was wondering how people like Abram Hoffer MD could use 3g to 4.5g of niacinamid with his patient that suffered from shizophrenia. A normal diet does not seem sufficient to me in regards of glucose needs.

Snarf

400g (uncooked weight) basmati rice, 600g lean ground beef, 30-50g beef liver, 5g olive oil, 20g collagen powder, 1L pure clementine juice, 1-2 mangos, grapes, pomegranate, couple of coffee, salt to taste and a few bottles of Gerolsteiner mineral water.

Supplementation:
200mg Thiamin, 300mg magnesium, 3-9mg boron, 200-400mcg chromium, 200mcg vitamin K2-7,100 IU vitamin E, 450-900mg whole-food vitamin C complex.
What vitamin E product do use? Im looking to take about 100 iu daily but not sure what one to buy. Have you seen any benefits from it?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

What vitamin E product do use? Im looking to take about 100 iu daily but not sure what one to buy. Have you seen any benefits from it?
I use vitamin E from sunday naturals - pretty cheap and high quality imo. I supplement with the "dropper form" and one drop equals 100 IU of mixed tocopherols, which I use sublingually.

I used up to 900 IU a day a long time ago, but reduced it to 100 IU because I don't really eat PUFAs anymore at all. I think it improve the androgenic state, but sometimes it felt like lowering estrogen a bit too much at those real high dosages - slight nerve pains, low libido, aching joints. But everything is fine with 100 IU.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Update:
Felt pretty ***t the last week. Being pretty anxious and almost paranoid and then just wanting to lay in bed and wait until the symptoms will pass over. (often happened after consuming beef liver or taking WF vitamin C)
I am wondering if I overdid the copper a bit in the last months. In the past I've negatively reacted to methylated vitamins like folate and B12 with similar symptoms like anxiety, paranoia, vertigo.
I suspect some kind of overmethylation, which is often associated with low histamine, high copper, high serotonin and fits my symptoms pretty well.

The last 3 days I tried some high dose niacinamide (3 x 1g) without any trimethylglycine to see if it helps with my symptoms of overmethylation.
My anxiety vanished pretty fast and with it the paranoid feeling. But then I had a pretty flat mood after a couple doses of niacinamide. (maybe due low methylgroups?)
I think I may need to find balance there. The plan is to just cut out beef liver and the whole-food vitamin C complex for now and increase the amount of red meat a little more for some extra zinc. Later on might add in some beef liver again, but maybe more like 1/2 oz a day, not 1-2 oz anymore.

I quit the RCP by Morley Robbins for now.

Other updates:

Also got some fine pharma-grade calcium carbonate powder. I try to up my calcium intake without relying so much on my mineral water to keep liquid intake a bit lower. On one of the latest podcasts with Danny and Georgi, he mentioned a burger recipe with calcium carbonate, collagen etc. which inspired me to try it for myself, because I love red meat but is somewhat problematic due to the high phosphate and iron content.

OccamzRazer

Also got some fine pharma-grade calcium carbonate powder. I try to up my calcium intake without relying so much on my mineral water to keep liquid intake a bit lower. On one of the latest podcasts with Danny and Georgi, he mentioned a burger recipe with calcium carbonate, collagen etc. which inspired me to try it for myself, because I love red meat but is somewhat problematic due to the high phosphate and iron content.
This sounds like a great recipe + idea!

But sorry you haven't been feeling well...

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

This sounds like a great recipe + idea!

But sorry you haven't been feeling well...
I just tried the recipe and I didn‘t like the taste at all. The ground beef tasted pretty alkaline due to the calcium carbonate and I didn‘t even use that much - 3g for 1.5lbs of beef.

But yeah, good to have some calcium at home if I need it somehow. :)

To much theory in this post...body Is not a calculator

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I am feeling a lot better already mentally and physically.

Been dosing niacinamide at 3 x 1g a day and it calms my mind so significantly.
I even tried the Abram Hoffer style for one day with 3 x 1.5g on one day and it felt blissful.
Other than that I am taking 200mg of magnesium glycinate with each meal. I feel so much more relaxed, much warmer and have a much more funny vibe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals