The 50 year old vegan who looks half his age

Advocate2021

I am out in the sun a lot, a true blonde and haven’t used sunscreen for 10 years. I have a couple of people in my life who have that pale youthful skin avoiding the sun their whole life, and for being a few years younger than me, their health and teeth are nowhere as good as mine. The sun is a tough call for skin. My skin looks much better nowadays, without all the stored PUFA in my skin than it did 5 years ago. So how much is the sun causing damage than the PUFA’s in the skin?I thin-
I am out in the sun a lot, a true blonde and haven’t used sunscreen for 10 years. I have a couple of people in my life who have that pale youthful skin avoiding the sun their whole life, and for being a few years younger than me, their health and teeth are nowhere as good as mine. The sun is a tough call for skin. My skin looks much better nowadays, without all the stored PUFA in my skin than it did 5 years ago. So how much is the sun causing damage than the PUFA’s in the skin?
I think this is an individual call based upon your skin type. From your picture, it looks like you have a peachier complexion that is perhaps more tolerant to the sun. i am very fair with tons of freckles and burn quickly. i have to protect my skin- i even asked dr Peat who has pictures from my portfolio and knows my skin type and he agreed i should not go out without protection. i love the sun it feels wonderful and i dont wear sun glasses and i get a little anyway through my screen on my face and neck and when i expose some body at times. thats what works for me and people think im in my 30's and im 52. the picture in my profile was taken a couple weeks ago, no makeup and i recently posted large no makeup face photo and light makeup face photo in the face lifting thread i started. my mission is to transform health on this planet and im going to use every tool in my aresenal, one of which is looking way younger and modeling at 52. So everyone does what works for them and i will continue to use my non-toxic zinc oxide spf. it works well for me.

Jennifer

I think today!s elderly got a good head start eating meat and dairy that was grass fed, and you are right they ate PUFA, but not so much fast food and or processed foods. I think the people that look the oldest in my life are the people on medications.

Normally, I would agree about having a good head start in life, but my grandmother was born during the Great Depression and grew up in poverty. Her father died when she was very young so she, her siblings and mother had to move in with her grandmother and meat and dairy were a luxury they couldn’t afford. She used to chuckle when recalling how she and her siblings ate meals of nothing but mashed potatoes because she found it so odd. My grandmother and her siblings grew to be tiny adults, too.

teds

Forum Supporter
i think the 50 year old meat eater, that looks half his age, looks much better.

this is v impressive. do we think it's legit? If so.. wow
edit- for some reason i read "carnivore" and i was shocked bc he doesn't look inflamed etc.. but it just doesn't really give much info into his lifestyle other than "having out with celebs" haha.. obviously he eats meat too, i get that.. what incredible genetics..

teds

Forum Supporter
Here is my 98 year old meat eating mother-in-law. I took this pic of her in June. She hasn’t had ANY “work” done either. I almost think the stuff people use on and do to their skin, like soaps, creams and such are just as aging as what they eat. That is her own hair too!
gorgeous. v youthful!

Jennifer

“Advocate2021” said:
i even asked dr Peat who has pictures from my portfolio and knows my skin type and he agreed i should not go out without protection.
This is good to know. Thank you for sharing. Based on what I’ve often read on the forum, I got the impression that sun protection wasn’t ideal, but I’m so fair-skinned that it needs protection if I spend a lot of time outdoors.

Advocate2021

This is good to know. Thank you for sharing. Based on what I’ve often read on the forum, I got the impression that sun protection wasn’t ideal, but I’m so fair-skinned that it needs protection if I spend a lot of time outdoors.
he said that people that took enough vitamin D were able to go out with no screen. ive maintained good levels for the last 16 years or so but i moved to a high altitude in CO for 4 year and had the discussion with him and flat out asked him, "So Dr Peat you really think i can just go out with nothing at high altitude?" And he said something like "iin your case its probably best to be cautious". so i wore a kabuki mask basically every day i lived in the rockies and left Colorado looking younger than when i had arrived with zero sun damage so was worth it despite looking like white chalk there the whole time. now i use mychelle spf 50 with 21 percent zinc oxide and it looks a little more normal although still quite fair.

Advocate2021

he said that people that took enough vitamin D were able to go out with no screen. ive maintained good levels for the last 16 years or so but i moved to a high altitude in CO for 4 year and had the discussion with him and flat out asked him, "So Dr Peat you really think i can just go out with nothing at high altitude?" And he said something like "iin your case its probably best to be cautious". so i wore a kabuki mask basically every day i lived in the rockies and left Colorado looking younger than when i had arrived with zero sun damage so was worth it despite looking like white chalk there the whole time. now i use mychelle spf 50 with 21 percent zinc oxide and it looks a little more normal although still quite fair.
Also much of the benefits of the sun can be had through the eyes which link it to the pineal. So i do not wear sunglasses although i put screen all around my eyes and lids ( if found supergoop shimmer shades spf ) to be the only think that stays on the lids. I do feel a "sun high" by walking around in it with no sunglasses even though im wearing my sunscreen.

Jennifer

Thank you for further explaining. I take vitamin D daily—I maintain a level close to 100—and have consumed a low PUFA diet most of my life, but I still can’t spend hours in the sun without sun protection. I don’t freckle, but I’ve actually blistered before.

Also much of the benefits of the sun can be had through the eyes which link it to the pineal. So i do not wear sunglasses although i put screen all around my eyes and lids ( if found supergoop shimmer shades spf ) to be the only think that stays on the lids. I do feel a "sun high" by walking around in it with no sunglasses even though im wearing my sunscreen.

Interesting. I never wear sun glasses, but would a person still experience benefits if they have really dark eyes?

Advocate2021

Thank you for further explaining. I take vitamin D daily—I maintain a level close to 100—and have consumed a low PUFA diet most of my life, but I still can’t spend hours in the sun without sun protection. I don’t freckle, but I’ve actually blistered before.

Interesting. I never wear sun glasses, but would a person still experience benefits if they have really dark eyes?
i dont think eye color is material the light penetrates the eye tissue and goes to the pineal. the effects are palpable. i can feel the charge after walking in the sun for as little as 5 min up to over an hour. Also even brief multiple exposures over the course of the day are beneficial if one longer exposure not possible. on cloudy days i baste in my red lights indoors and feel kind of like ive been in the sun.

Xin

I have an aunt who's 40 years old but looks 20-24.

She does not exercise and does not follow any particular diet nor does she eat healthy.

Looking old is mostly genetic. Yes diet and environmental do play a role but genetics and stress play is the biggest factor in aging.

Jennifer

i dont think eye color is material the light penetrates the eye tissue and goes to the pineal. the effects are palpable. i can feel the charge after walking in the sun for as little as 5 min up to over an hour. Also even brief multiple exposures over the course of the day are beneficial if one longer exposure not possible. on cloudy days i baste in my red lights indoors and feel kind of like ive been in the sun.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was thinking in terms of exposure time compared to lighter eyes. I was thinking my eyes would have to be exposed to the sun for much longer than someone with light eyes, but if you can feel an effect from as little as 5 minutes, I should be getting enough on hour long hikes. Thank you, Advocate. :)

Advocate2021

She does not exercise and does not follow any particular diet nor does she eat healthy.

Looking old is mostly genetic. Yes diet and environmental do play a role but genetics and stress play is the biggest factor in aging.
True to the constitutional role in it as i too have a very young looking family and they certainly arent in this philosophy. But just think how they might look if they were. and 40 is very young in my book- i looked 18 to 20 when i was 40. i think the true test comes past 50 . even more compelling when someone looks great 60's, 70's 80's 90's.

ursidae

this

-Luke-

Here is my 98 year old meat eating mother-in-law. I took this pic of her in June. She hasn’t had ANY “work” done either. I almost think the stuff people use on and do to their skin, like soaps, creams and such are just as aging as what they eat. That is her own hair too!
While I think your father looks relatively normal and unexceptional - neither one way nor the other - for 80 (but very likeable and probably a fun guy to be around), your mother-in-law is probably the best looking 98-year-old I've ever seen. My two grandmothers didn't look a day younger at 80.

I can't back this up scientifically, but I think for older people there is pretty a strong correlation between external and internal aging. If they feel they have a purpose in life, are active and curious, try to learn something new even at an old age, they seem to look younger. While someone who retires from a job and then only waits for death, also ages faster on the outside. I think having projects and being curious at an old age (or a lack thereof) is an important factor in aging.

NanMitch

Saw this posted on longecity.org.

Pics in the article:

Comments?
If it works for him and he is healthy, who cares? Listen to your body and do what’s best for you. Stop looking for someone to either criticize or follow.

Ras

Great thread! Thanks for all these amazing pictures. The animal protein people definitely look a million times better and more hearty no doubt. I wish there were a dating site for this genre of people who look amazing 50 plus- where can i meet that Asian dude???!!!! Wow, just shows how the masses are so not aligned this way- I can tell you from my on-line dating experiment for a month most men even in their 40's and almost always 50's were looking really old !!!! Arghhh.
Judging by your picture, you should be more realistic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals