The 50 year old vegan who looks half his age

Jennifer

Thanks for the tip about bananas, Jennifer. I bought some regular bananas from Trader Joe’s, let them ripen, and ate a few today. To my surprise, they didn’t cause any bloating. Although I think coffee has started to give me trouble again…

I notice you only list nam wah and mysore bananas in your food list. Do you not do as well with regular grocery store bananas, like cavendish? I picked up those and baby bananas (or lady finger).

You’re welcome. :) I’m so happy you tolerate bananas! But coffee is giving you trouble again? 🙁

Oh, that’s only because I prefer the flavor of nam wah and mysore to the flavor of cavendish. I enjoy cavendish when eaten out of hand, but when made into ice cream, its flavor becomes bitter for some reason. I had the lady finger variety the week before. :)

Vileplume

You’re welcome. :) I’m so happy you tolerate bananas! But coffee is giving you trouble again? 🙁

Oh, that’s only because I prefer the flavor of nam wah and mysore to the flavor of cavendish. I enjoy cavendish when eaten out of hand, but when made into ice cream, its flavor becomes bitter for some reason. I had the lady finger variety the week before. :)
Oh, got it. Yeah, I hope I continue to tolerate them as time goes on. Would love to add bananas as one of my staples.

Yes, coffee seems to be problematic again. Weirdly, there was a month where I could drink coffee and still have good poops, clean tongue, no bloating. But then when I increased my T3 just a little bit, I suddenly got bloating and constipation. I don’t think it was the T3 though, because the bloating has stopped since I dropped coffee. Do you ever retry coffee, to see if you can tolerate it, or have you pretty much ruled it out?

Jennifer

Oh, got it. Yeah, I hope I continue to tolerate them as time goes on. Would love to add bananas as one of my staples.

Yes, coffee seems to be problematic again. Weirdly, there was a month where I could drink coffee and still have good poops, clean tongue, no bloating. But then when I increased my T3 just a little bit, I suddenly got bloating and constipation. I don’t think it was the T3 though, because the bloating has stopped since I dropped coffee. Do you ever retry coffee, to see if you can tolerate it, or have you pretty much ruled it out?

Huh, that’s so odd…and frustrating, I’m sure. I haven’t retried coffee, no. I still have a bottle of Trader Joe’s coffee concentrate in my freezer that I need to use up, but I really have no desire to drink it. I’ve been drinking tea lately and even that no longer does do it for me, but I don’t want to waste it. My desire for plants in general is so low now. I upped my fruit intake when I increased my training thinking I would need the extra carbs, but animal foods are all I’m really craving so I’ve been contemplating cutting out most of the plant foods and sticking with milk, cheese, eggs, scallops, crab, honey and just a few bananas daily. I find even with my favorite fruits, I’m having to throw them in the freezer before they go bad because I’m not wanting them.

Vileplume

Huh, that’s so odd…and frustrating, I’m sure. I haven’t retried coffee, no. I still have a bottle of Trader Joe’s coffee concentrate in my freezer that I need to use up, but I really have no desire to drink it. I’ve been drinking tea lately and even that no longer does do it for me, but I don’t want to waste it. My desire for plants in general is so low now. I upped my fruit intake when I increased my training thinking I would need the extra carbs, but animal foods are all I’m really craving so I’ve been contemplating cutting out most of the plant foods and sticking with milk, cheese, eggs, scallops, crab, honey and just a few bananas daily. I find even with my favorite fruits, I’m having to throw them in the freezer before they go bad because I’m not wanting them.
Milk really is the best. I thought you might enjoy these excerpts from Charles Sanford Porter's book Milk Diet as a Remedy for Chronic Disease. The excerpts detail stories of people who thrived on milk-only diets for long periods of time.

Attachments

• Peopl who lived on milk for long time.jpg
    Peopl who lived on milk for long time.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 30
  • People who Did well on milk.jpg
    People who Did well on milk.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 28
  • Stories of Milk Only.jpg
    Stories of Milk Only.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Stories of milk.jpg
    Stories of milk.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 29

Apple

Milk really is the best. I thought you might enjoy these excerpts from Charles Sanford Porter's book Milk Diet as a Remedy for Chronic Disease. The excerpts detail stories of people who thrived on milk-only diets for long periods of time.
Just wondering why those people needed any milk diet in those old times ? no vaccines, cleaner air, organic foods...yet they couldn't tolerate solid foods and we draw conclusions based on those stories ?
Dr Kellog made it to 92 on a high fiber diet of cereals (only in older age he started adding yoghurt to his diet), he was exceptionally energetic person until his death from pneumonia. There are stories how ill kids were cured by him just adding a couple spoons of soy yoghurt when nothing else worked. :)

Vileplume

Just wondering why those people needed any milk diet in those old times ? no vaccines, cleaner air, organic foods...yet they couldn't tolerate solid foods and we draw conclusions based on those stories ?
Dr Kellog made it to 92 on a high fiber diet of cereals (only in older age he started adding yoghurt to his diet), he was exceptionally energetic person until his death from pneumonia. There are stories how ill kids were cured by him just adding a couple spoons of soy yoghurt when nothing else worked. :)
I guess everybody's precise needs, and what they do best on, vary from person to person.

Even with no vaccines, cleaner air, and organic foods, it's still possible to develop bad digestive problems. I mean, allergies still existed, and things like SIBO could occur from eating rotten and spoiled foods, or even some other infection. And that's not even considering all the chronic non-digestive ailments that have plagued living organisms for millions of years. The only conclusion I drew is that it's possible to be well for long time periods on milk only.

Jennifer

Ooh…thank you for sharing these excerpts with me, Tyler! I see that active, laboring men needed 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of milk a day to maintain their weight. I think I can do that! 😁

I guess everybody's precise needs, and what they do best on, vary from person to person.

This.

My grandmother made it to 96 on a low-fiber diet of processed deli meat, Spam, hot dogs, bacon, sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwiches, chicken tenders, French fries, burgers, pudding cups and those drumstick sundae cones and was still living on her own at 92. Meanwhile, my spine collapsed on a whole-food, plant-based diet. I should have eaten like my mémé. 🙄

Apple

Ooh…thank you for sharing these excerpts with me, Tyler! I see that active, laboring men needed 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of milk a day to maintain their weight. I think I can do that! 😁
I guess by active laboring man you mean someone who actively labors on computer all day ?
When I'm on a vacation and do all day walking or climbing I can handle any foods in any amount and any combination. I can even stay without food all day with no problem without losing weight.
As soon as I am back at my sedentary work any food can become a problem if eaten in a slight excess and I'm losing all weight that I gained during vacation.

Jennifer

I guess by active laboring man you mean someone who actively labors on computer all day ?
When I'm on a vacation and do all day walking or climbing I can handle any foods in any amount and any combination. I can even stay without food all day with no problem without losing weight.
As soon as I am back at my sedentary work any food can become a problem if eaten in a slight excess and I'm losing all weight that I gained during vacation.

That account was taken from the book Fat And Blood by S. Weir Mitchell M.D., which was published in 1877:

It’s interesting how activity affects your digestion and weight like that. I’m currently training to climb mountains again and my appetite has definitely increased, especially for protein, but it hasn’t affected my digestion. Switching from NDT to synthetic thyroid has though.

Apple

That account was taken from the book Fat And Blood by S. Weir Mitchell M.D., which was published in 1877:

It’s interesting how activity affects your digestion and weight like that. I’m currently training to climb mountains again and my appetite has definitely increased, especially for protein, but it hasn’t affected my digestion. Switching from NDT to synthetic thyroid has though.
Intersting book about gaining weight.
They used electricity, massage, rest, iron supplements...I can probably omit these :) , but I am going to try malt extract...

Jennifer

Intersting book about gaining weight.
They used electricity, massage, rest, iron supplements...I can probably omit these :) , but I am going to try malt extract...

Let us know how it treats you? :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals