T

tobieagle

Interesting study.

However I would be very careful to draw strong conclusions from the lower prolactin levels.
The net-prolactin-effect could even be stronger than that of the control group if you consider the potentially lowered steroid levels (testosterone, pregnenolone, dhea).

Also I am not a believer of cannabis as a sexual enhancer anymore. Maybe if used very sparingly.
I have known too many chronic, male users whos libido evaporated over the years, let alone personal experiences.

Makrosky

Interesting study.

However I would be very careful to draw strong conclusions from the lower prolactin levels.
The net-prolactin-effect could even be stronger than that of the control group if you consider the potentially lowered steroid levels (testosterone, pregnenolone, dhea).

Also I am not a believer of cannabis as a sexual enhancer anymore. Maybe if used very sparingly.
I have known too many chronic, male users whos libido evaporated over the years, let alone personal experiences.
I agree with that. I remember the first times I smoked cannabis my libido skyrocketted. After some chronic use it flattened. It didn't "evaporate" nor it skyrocketted anymore. The body is a self-regulating machine.

What was different though is that under cannabis influences the kind of sex you want to have is different than "sober". It is much more sensual and you have much more feeling. Without it, it's more robotized.

OP
S
Wait we gotta be high to make love like humans?

Kasper

Haha, I'm quite sure the sex I've without cannabis is not robotized at all lol

OP
S
What supplement to do it like on Discovery Channel?

Makrosky

"Wait we gotta be on cyproheptadine/NDT/Estroban/Glycine/Coconut oil to live like humans?"

I guess you get my point.

Anyway, I was talking about personal experience. Plus there are heaps of anecdotal evidence of that.

Dr Jimmy

Yep; this is why MJ is such a sexual enhancer. Prolactin be gone, what to do if only MJ make my sexual functioning to run acutly after
Wow. So what to do if only MJ could fix sexual dysfunction acutely?
Chronic usage caused a downside but still far better than baseline. I am very curious to know.
My prolactin is 16.8 yet.

Thanks for your help.

DaveFoster

Wow. So what to do if only MJ could fix sexual dysfunction acutely?
Chronic usage caused a downside but still far better than baseline. I am very curious to know.
My prolactin is 16.8 yet.

Thanks for your help.
Cyproheptadine.
"Of the serotoninergic system especially the 5-HT1A, 5-HT1C and the 5-HT2 receptor subtypes play a facilitatory role in human sexual behavior. In a comparative study on the anti-serotinergic agents trazodone, ketanserin and mianserin with placebo, trazodone was the superior drug for treatment of erectile dysfunction."

1. Meinhardt W, Schmitz PIM, Kropman RF, Fuente R de la, Lycklama à Nijeholt A a. B, Zwartendijk J. Trazodone, a double blind trial for treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int J Impot Res. 1997;9(3):163-165. doi:10.1038/sj.ijir.3900272