DaveFoster

Yep; this is why MJ is such a sexual enhancer. Prolactin be gone.

T

tobieagle

Interesting study.

However I would be very careful to draw strong conclusions from the lower prolactin levels.
The net-prolactin-effect could even be stronger than that of the control group if you consider the potentially lowered steroid levels (testosterone, pregnenolone, dhea).

Also I am not a believer of cannabis as a sexual enhancer anymore. Maybe if used very sparingly.
I have known too many chronic, male users whos libido evaporated over the years, let alone personal experiences.

Makrosky

Interesting study.

However I would be very careful to draw strong conclusions from the lower prolactin levels.
The net-prolactin-effect could even be stronger than that of the control group if you consider the potentially lowered steroid levels (testosterone, pregnenolone, dhea).

Also I am not a believer of cannabis as a sexual enhancer anymore. Maybe if used very sparingly.
I have known too many chronic, male users whos libido evaporated over the years, let alone personal experiences.
I agree with that. I remember the first times I smoked cannabis my libido skyrocketted. After some chronic use it flattened. It didn't "evaporate" nor it skyrocketted anymore. The body is a self-regulating machine.

What was different though is that under cannabis influences the kind of sex you want to have is different than "sober". It is much more sensual and you have much more feeling. Without it, it's more robotized.

Such_Saturation

Wait we gotta be high to make love like humans?

Kasper

Haha, I'm quite sure the sex I've without cannabis is not robotized at all lol

Such_Saturation

What supplement to do it like on Discovery Channel?

Makrosky

"Wait we gotta be on cyproheptadine/NDT/Estroban/Glycine/Coconut oil to live like humans?"

I guess you get my point.

Anyway, I was talking about personal experience. Plus there are heaps of anecdotal evidence of that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P How Can You Eliminate THC From Body? Ask For Help or Advice 2
P Massive Pregnenolone Increase From THC! Scientific Studies 9
smith Reverse THC/Cannabis Damage Ask For Help or Advice 28
kayumochi Both THC And CBD Are Shown To Reduce Estrogen Levels And Block Estrogen Effects Cancer 10
DaveFoster Low-Dose THC And CBD Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 32
goodandevil Antitussive Action Of Thc Articles & Scientific Studies 0
E Neuron death induced by THC was inhibited by Vitamin E and Asprin Scientific Studies 2
A Sodium deficiency, in cell or in serum? Ask For Help or Advice 2
F ""Low Serum AM Cortisol The Cause Of My Problems?"" Doubts About Milk 70
G How would you say these serum levels of minerals look like? Minerals 0
Lokzo Copper deficiency halves serum dehydroepiandrosterone in rats - PUBMED Scientific Studies 2
Lokzo Elevated Serum Estradiol Levels May Impair Erectile Function Scientific Studies 2
rzero Breast Cancer Survivors Who Use Estrogenic Botanical Supplements Have Lower Serum Estrogen Levels Scientific Studies 20
superGrover Muscle Twitching After Applying Magnesium Serum Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
V Low Estradiol: Serum, Saliva, Urine Experiments 11
L What Raises/Lowers Serum Calcium? Metabolism 4
L Association Between High Serum Total Cortisol Concentrations And Mortality From COVID-19 Scientific Studies 0
haidut COVID-19/SARS May Be Due Simply To Serum PUFA And Its Peroxidation Scientific Studies 18
S.Seneff The Effects Of Caffeine On Lipid And Mineral Content In The Serum Of Rats Caffeine 6
Jam An Increase In Serum C18 Unsaturated Free Fatty Acids As A Predictor Of The Development Of ARDS Articles & Scientific Studies 9
Mito Low Serum Cholesterol Level Among Patients With COVID-19 Infection Scientific Studies 49
Mito Serum Progesterone Levels Increase Linearly With Increased Dosage Progesterone 1
GorillaHead Quercetin Inhibits Finasteride From Reducing Serum DHT? Scientific Studies 10
GorillaHead What Would Cause Low Zinc Hair Tests But Upper Normal Serum? Hair & Nails 9
B Anti-Peat Probiotic Microbes Sustain Youthful Serum Testosterone Levels And Testicular Size In Aging Mice Debate - Anti-Peat 2
Amazoniac A Serum Tonic Factor In Foods (With Special Attention To Its Presence In Pineapfels) Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
C Nicotinic Acid Decreases Serum Thyroid Hormone Levels While Maintaining A Euthyroid State B3/Niacinamide 0
GorillaHead Lowering Serum Aromatase Instead Of Tissue Aromatase? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
yerrag Odd: My Serum Creatinine Directly Correlated To Serum Albumin Blood Work, Labs 1
Lokzo Beta Alanine May Raise Serum Thyroid Hormones Via L-Carnosine Production Scientific Studies 10
R Nine Days Of Isocaloric Fructose Restriction Reduces Serum D-lactate Levels By 50% Scientific Studies 24
gilson d dantas Progesterone Lowering Serum Progesterone? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
Lokzo Fasting Serum Bile Acids Concentration Is Associated With Insulin Resistance Independently Of Diabet Scientific Studies 0
JanP Normal Serum Copper, Very High Free Serum Copper Ask For Help or Advice 1
D Iron Deficiency Alters Serum Prolactin (high Prolactin) Scientific Studies 160
yerrag How Is Low Serum Ammonia Related To Hypertension? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 23
yerrag High Serum LDH But Low CRP Blood Work, Labs 35
Queequeg Eggs Non-detrimental To Endothelial Function And Serum Lipids Scientific Studies 3
Nicolas Noyola Serum Testosterone, DHEA-S And Androstenedione Levels In Acne Skin 4
Mito Low Fasting Serum Insulin And Dementia In Nondiabetic Women Followed For 34 Years Articles & Scientific Studies 3
C Serum N1-Methylnicotinamide Is Associated With Obesity And Diabetes In Chinese Scientific Studies 1
C Serum Homocysteine Levels In Acne Patients Skin 4
ddjd Does DHT Increase Or Decrease Serum Testosterone? Ask For Help or Advice 8
yerrag Lowering Serum CO2 CO2, Bag Breathing 6
A.R Letrozole Normalizes Serum Testosterone In Severely Obese Men Scientific Studies 4
L How To Increase Serum Iron Without Increasing Ferritin? Blood Work, Labs 3
japanesedude Men With Higher Levels Of Serum Testosterone Have Lower-status Occupations Miscellaneous Health Discussions 70
haidut Low Serum Calcium May Increase Risk Of Sudden Cardiac Death Scientific Studies 4
raypeatclips Serum Magnesium Concentrations Were Inversely Associated With Mortality From IHD And Mortality Scientific Studies 1
P Selenium Supplementation Suppresses Serum T3 Levels In Man Articles & Scientific Studies 1