Textbook Of Endocrine Physiology By Constance R. Martin PhD

Seleniodine

RP has mentioned a book by Constance Martin as a good introduction to the subject.
I believe this is the title he is referring to and have attached the contents pages for those who may be interested.
It's not easily available but with a bit of patience you should be able to find one online at a reasonable price.

Martin-Pref.JPG
Martin-Contents1.JPG
Martin-Contents2.JPG
Martin-Contents3.JPG
Martin-Contents4.JPG
Martin-Contents5.JPG

L

lollipop

RP has mentioned a book by Constance Martin as a good introduction to the subject.
I believe this is the title he is referring to and have attached the contents pages for those who may be interested.
It's not easily available but with a bit of patience you should be able to find one online at a reasonable price.

View attachment 7386 View attachment 7387 View attachment 7388 View attachment 7389 View attachment 7390 View attachment 7391
This excellent @Seleniodine. Thank you...off to find this.

OP
Seleniodine

Seleniodine

You're welcome Lisa! Happy searching!

Badger

Thanks very much for this, really appreciate the pointer. Going to buy a copy.

View attachment 7386 View attachment 7387 View attachment 7388 View attachment 7389 View attachment 7390 View attachment 7391

DrJ

@Seleniodine Many thanks for posting the ToC. Convinced me to buy it. Only through the first chapter so far but it has already cleared up a lot of things for me, and the rest looks like a gold mine. Cheers!

Diokine

This book is simply fantastic. If you are interested in health, find a copy.

freyasam

If anyone has read the section on growth hormone, could you please tell me whether the author agrees with Peat's views of growth hormone as an unnecessary hormone of stress in adults? Thanks.

Jim2903

What date is this book please? Ray mentioned that the original book he used was 1976, yet there are newer books by Constance that have different information to the original 1976 copy, Ray says that the pharmaceutical companies have changed endocrine info to suit them.

Inaut

I bought mine off abebooks for like 40 usd. Pretty good condition too

Lyla

I bought mine from thriftbooks for 43USD. It's the 1976 edition.

yashi

Does anyone know if it's actually relevant for this book if it is the 1976 or the 1985 edition? I can only find the 1985 version, but if that one is useless I am not gonna bother to buy it.

mrchibbs

This book is no longer available at a reasonable price sadly. It's in the hundreds of dollars now. I bought one for 30 bucks last year and the shop refused to mail it to me, saying they had ''mispriced'' it. The next day it was 200$. It's about 250$USD these days.

I suspect there may have been a few eager Ray Peat aficionados who overpaid and now the market is set at a ridiculous price.

Unless some kind soul creates a pdf copy, I don't think I'll ever find one personally.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Does anyone know if it's actually relevant for this book if it is the 1976 or the 1985 edition? I can only find the 1985 version, but if that one is useless I am not gonna bother to buy it.

The 1985 version would be better.

yashi

The 1985 version would be better.
What makes you say that?

How do you know this (in the following quote) doesn't apply here?
Ray mentioned that the original book he used was 1976, yet there are newer books by Constance that have different information to the original 1976 copy, Ray says that the pharmaceutical companies have changed endocrine info to suit them.

mrchibbs

What makes you say that?

How do you know this (in the following quote) doesn't apply here?

Could be right. I didn't consider it from that point of view.

mrchibbs

Did anyone find a pdf version of this?

I wish ! There isn't one. I think we'd have to pay a willing member of this forum to make one. We could start a go fund me lol