Textbook Of Endocrine Physiology By Constance R. Martin PhD

burtlancast

Edit: I love that these are searchable!! It seems to work fine on warped pages for me, though maybe it's the reader I'm using? (I don't know how it works...)

It seems to work in appearance: but if you copy and paste the selected text on another text or word file, you'll realize it's full of errors.

mrchibbs

It seems to work in appearance: but if you copy and paste the selected text on another text or word file, you'll realize it's full of errors.

@burtlancast It's still a great job, perfect for highlighting sections.

Could you give the OCR scan a shot with Danny's copy of the 2nd edition? It might help reduce the size of the file?

mrchibbs

WoW! Great @mrchibbs Thank you!

It's really Danny who should be thanked, he spent his own money getting that copy digitized I think.

It's a great thing when people pool their resources and help one another.

There has several other books which need to be digitized, I'll try to find a good procedure to get that done.

Danny Roddy generously sent me his personal digitized copy of the 2nd edition of Endocrine Physiology. Here it is, searchable as well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_pFH-VploMQlUoedRxBJ50UaxBpXXWAr/view?usp=sharing

So now, everyone will have access to both editions

Great job everybody

Special thanks to @Recoen @burtlancast

animated-smileys-shocked-011.gif.pagespeed.ce.X2kjovFri7.gif
animated-smileys-shocked-062.gif.pagespeed.ce.gA3d88-NUw.gif

animated-smileys-shocked-024.gif

All I can say is... THANK YOU ALL! :grouphug2

Will also send a message to Danny.

burtlancast

Could you give the OCR scan a shot with Danny's copy of the 2nd edition? It might help reduce the size of the file?

Just tried, and it didn't work.

I could reduce the size to a third (80 mb) but the searchable text wouldn't be as accurate as the original: that's because the scans have already been processed for smaller resolution.

It worked for the first edition because i had access to the original scans with high resolution.

And one funny thing i tried is to use an online OCR tool: Best Free OCR API, Online OCR, Searchable PDF - Fresh 2020 On-Premise OCR Software
It did surprisingly better than acrobat, and even Danny's original OCR, but it trebled the size of the file.

mrchibbs

beachlover

I started looking for this book a few years ago and only every found ridiculously expensive versions available to me in Australia. Even last year, one of the moderators on Danny's live stream offered to purchase in the US and send to me in Australia but the postage was again, very expensive.

Thank you so much for everyone involved in sharing both versions

mrchibbs

I started looking for this book a few years ago and only every found ridiculously expensive versions available to me in Australia. Even last year, one of the moderators on Danny's live stream offered to purchase in the US and send to me in Australia but the postage was again, very expensive.

Thank you so much for everyone involved in sharing both versions

They are really important resources, and can help elevate the discussion if more "common" people have a better understanding of the physiology.

Tansia

OMG guys this is the best Christmas present I could imagine. Thanks for the effort and thanks to Danny!

mrchibbs

OMG guys this is the best Christmas present I could imagine. Thanks for the effort and thanks to Danny!

Glad you're happy! You've got plenty of reading now hahaha

Trina

There is a hard copy of this book, “Textbook of Endocrine Physiology”, the 1976 edition on Amazon for around $40.

exile

If anyone has a copy they’d like to sell or trade for a copy of generative energy please dm. US shipping only for a trade.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals