Tetracyclines (and A Few Other Antibiotics) As A Cure For Cancer

Peata

Blossom said:
Peata said:
Blossom said:
Peata said:
Blossom said:
Thanks Peata! I will report back on my results. Please tell us how it goes with your cherry angiomas dd99!

just to be clear, Blossom, are you using tetracylcine or vitamin k for moles?
Well since I have some vitamin k on hand I will probably try that first. I ordered some minocycline from farmacia that should arrive in a couple weeks but I'm wondering if it would work the same as tetracycline? I would think it so but maybe haidut will chime in with his thoughts?

OK, when you come up with a way to use the vitamin K topically (I assume you mean you'll open a capsule and use the powder or dissolve a pill of it), let us know.
I was just going to puncture a life extension vitamin k and use the contents of that tonight. I'll probably cover it with a bandage.

Don't forget to take before and after shots.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:pics

honeybee

Anyone know anything about aquarium / fish tetracycline ? :mrgreen:

kiran

narouz said:
I remember him specifying that when treating moles/spots topically with...I believe it was progesterone...
that one should place the progesterone adjacent to the spot/mole.
Not right on it.

I can't remember how he explained this.

I believe the moles/spots are generated by pigment cells seeking local maximum of progesterone. Applying progesterone nearby attracts them away from the spot and hopefully(eventually) back to the original location.

burtlancast

haidut said:
Based on this analysis, we now show that 4-to-5 different classes of FDA-approved drugs can be used to eradicate cancer stem cells, in 12 different cancer cell lines, across 8 different tumor types (breast, DCIS, ovarian, prostate, lung, pancreatic, melanoma, and glioblastoma (brain)). .

Doesn't this confirm spectacularly the validity of Coley, Rife, Koch, Livingston, Naessens, etc....work, arguing for cancer being caused by microorganisms ?

We might need some time to see if antibiotic resistances don't appear and cause a cancer relapse.

natedawggh

haidut said:
So, depending on the potency ratio you should be able to achieve what tetracycline does by taking say a higher dose vitamin K. However, the studies with vitamin K show potent anti-cancer effects both for prevention and treatment in human doses 100mg-150mg daily, which is suspiciously close to the therapeutic doses of doxycycline (100mg+ daily). That makes me think that for cancer prevention and treatment vitamin K may not be that much "weaker" than the tetracyclines.

Vitamin K available to consumers is all measured in mcg, not mg, so I'd have to take an entire bottle of vitamin K for every dose to achieve the same effect? Or am I understanding this wrong?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
natedawggh said:
haidut said:
So, depending on the potency ratio you should be able to achieve what tetracycline does by taking say a higher dose vitamin K. However, the studies with vitamin K show potent anti-cancer effects both for prevention and treatment in human doses 100mg-150mg daily, which is suspiciously close to the therapeutic doses of doxycycline (100mg+ daily). That makes me think that for cancer prevention and treatment vitamin K may not be that much "weaker" than the tetracyclines.

Vitamin K available to consumers is all measured in mcg, not mg, so I'd have to take an entire bottle of vitamin K for every dose to achieve the same effect? Or am I understanding this wrong?

First, it depends on the vitamin K. K1 and K2 (MK-7) are available in mcg doses but K2 (MK-4) is available in mg doses. Also, if you are using topically, you clearly don't need 100mg since you are treating a single spot. In other words, when people take 100mg tetracycline orally like in the studies, the concentration if various local tissues is obviously not 100mg but a lot less. So, when you rub vitamin K on a spot you don't need 100mg but orders of magnitude less since that's how much would get to the spot if you were taking the 100mg orally. I am not aware of any dosage studies on vitamin K topically so nobody right now (except maybe Peat) has an idea on how much vitamin K needs to be applied topically. However, my guess is that one capsule is more than enough since in order to achieve local levels equal to what the capsule would provide you'd have to take hundreds of times that amount orally. In other words, applying 2-3 drops (2mg-3mg) of Thorne K2 locally would be similar to taking hundreds or even thousands of milligrams orally so that 2mg-3mg would make its way to that specific spot.
Again, as of now I don't think anybody knows the ratio of oral to topical vitamin K (or tetracycline) to achieve the same effects. But starting with what Blossom and others are doing at least guarantees that the dose you get from topical administration would be high and not low.

jaa

Any idea if that would help with psoriasis? I find your liquid vitamin AEDK supp works great, but I attributed that mostly to vit d and e.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jaa said:
Any idea if that would help with psoriasis? I find your liquid vitamin AEDK supp works great, but I attributed that mostly to vit d and e.

I am not surprised it helps psoriasis but I'd attribute it to vitamin A and K actually. Vitamin D is mostly for calcium metabolism, which has little effect on skin issues and vitamin E is mostly to protect from iron and keep vitamin A from oxidizing. In terms of potency/benefits vitamin K and vitamin A in EstroBan are the heavy guns, while D and E are for balance and keeping the heavy guns in check.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
haidut said:
Based on this analysis, we now show that 4-to-5 different classes of FDA-approved drugs can be used to eradicate cancer stem cells, in 12 different cancer cell lines, across 8 different tumor types (breast, DCIS, ovarian, prostate, lung, pancreatic, melanoma, and glioblastoma (brain)). .

Doesn't this confirm spectacularly the validity of Coley, Rife, Koch, Livingston, Naessens, etc....work, arguing for cancer being caused by microorganisms ?

We might need some time to see if antibiotic resistances don't appear and cause a cancer relapse.

Well, the study claims that the antibiotics work by inhibiting mitochondrial biogenesis inside the cancer cells. If cancer was caused by microorganisms I'd expect a much larger class of antibiotics to be helpful and not just these specific ones. I think like you said it's too early to tell and if antibiotic resistance starts to form then it would validate the microorganism theory.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
For the people that have access to doxycycline and tetracycline pills - these are fat-soluble antibiotics (i.e. similar to vitamin K) and yo can make your own ointment simply by opening a capsule and mixing with some olive oil and vitamin E.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/pharmac ... lines.html

"...Tetracyclines distribute rapidly and extensively in the body, particularly after parenteral administration. They enter almost all tissues and body fluids; high concentrations are found in the kidneys, liver, bile, lungs, spleen, and bone. Lower concentrations are found in serosal fluids, synovia, CSF, ascitic fluid, prostatic fluid, and vitreous humor. The more lipid-soluble tetracyclines (doxycycline and minocycline) readily penetrate tissues such as the blood-brain barrier, and CSF concentrations reach ∼30% of the plasma concentrations. They also are present in saliva and tears. Because tetracyclines tend to chelate calcium ions (less so for doxycycline), they are deposited irreversibly in the growing bones and in dentin and enamel of unerupted teeth of young animals, or even the fetus if transplacental passage occurs (see Special Clinical Concerns). Drug bound in this fashion is pharmacologically inactive. Because of this property, they may serve as markers in developing bone or in proliferating bone tissue. Tetracyclines are bound to plasma proteins to varying degrees (eg, oxytetracycline, 30%; tetracycline, 60%; doxycycline, 90%)."

For people taking orally, keep in mind that all tetracyclines chelate calcium, magnesium, aluminium and iron very well, so they should NOT be taken with milk and one should probably supplement magnesium while taking them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetracycline_antibiotics

"...When ingested, it is usually recommended that the more water-soluble, short-acting tetracyclines (plain tetracycline, chlortetracycline, Oxytetracycline, demeclocycline and methacycline) be taken with a full glass of water, either two hours after eating or two hours before eating. This is partly because most tetracyclines bind with food and also easily with magnesium, aluminium, iron and calcium, which reduces their ability to be completely absorbed by the body. Dairy products, antacids and preparations containing iron should be avoided near the time of taking the drug. Partial exceptions to these rules occur for doxycycline and minocycline, which may be taken with food (though not iron, antacids, or calcium supplements). Minocycline can be taken with dairy products because it does not chelate calcium as readily, although dairy products do decrease absorption of minocycline slightly."

On the other hand they can be used very effectively for aluminium and iron chelation and I posted a study on that months ago. Especially doxycycline, which being fat soluble and crossing the BBB, will chelate aluminium out of the brain since this is where most of the aluminium is deposited. Also, doxycycline seem a great option for iron chelation for those people that are not willing/able to donate blood. I don't know much about dosage but 100mg a day for 6 months induced iron deficiency in several case studies, so that's probably all you need to take for a week or two.

Ben

haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:
To be technical, many chemotherapy molecules are called antibiotics. Well, off to stockpile some tetracycline.

One of the authors rubbed some tetracycline on a mole and it disappeared. Several stores online sell tetracycline ointments without prescription so maybe not a bad idea to buy some and try on some moles for people prone to getting moles/spots.
Haidut, how does vitamin K act like an antibiotic? I asked this question on the first page and you didn't answer. Then everyone blindly believed you. I didn't find any studies that show it does.

Also, I took a whole dropper of Thorne vitamin K orally yesterday afternoon and another at night, and my bacterial overgrowth is not better in the least. I had restless muscles to the point of almost yelling upon waking up, like usual. Very expensive and no results.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ben said:
haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:
To be technical, many chemotherapy molecules are called antibiotics. Well, off to stockpile some tetracycline.

One of the authors rubbed some tetracycline on a mole and it disappeared. Several stores online sell tetracycline ointments without prescription so maybe not a bad idea to buy some and try on some moles for people prone to getting moles/spots.
Haidut, how does vitamin K act like an antibiotic? I asked this question on the first page and you didn't answer. Then everyone blindly believed you. I didn't find any studies that show it does.

Also, I took a whole dropper of Thorne vitamin K orally yesterday afternoon and another at night, and my bacterial overgrowth is not better in the least. I had restless muscles to the point of almost yelling upon waking up, like usual. Very expensive and no results.

Did you see my response on the first page? See below.

"...As per Peat's writings and readily verifiable online, vitamin K, emodin, lapachon, and the tetracycline antibiotics class are really the same substance, with varying potency. I think he said that they are in increasing potency in the order I listed them. So, depending on the potency ratio you should be able to achieve what tetracycline does by taking say a higher dose vitamin K. However, the studies with vitamin K show potent anti-cancer effects both for prevention and treatment in human doses 100mg-150mg daily, which is suspiciously close to the therapeutic doses of doxycycline (100mg+ daily). That makes me think that for cancer prevention and treatment vitamin K may not be that much "weaker" than the tetracyclines."

So, if Peat is right then vitamin K is essentially a type of tetracycline as are the other quinones like lapachon and emodin. Maybe I should have said that vitamin K action (as a type of tetracycline) is probably like the other tetracycline antibiotics on cancer. We certainly have evidence for vitamin K preventing and maybe even treating some cancers. I did not mean to say that vitamin K should act like a general purpose antibiotics on micro-organisms, and I don't see who else interpreted it that way. Who are the people you say blindly believed me? And where did you see me recommending or discussing vitamin K to be used as an antibiotic, including on bacterial overgrowth?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
piotr_zarach said:
post 107806 Haidut mg to mg doxy is stronger than tetracycline ?

It's more fat soluble than tetracycline but Peat thinks tetracycline is safer. Doxycycline has some reports on liver toxicity, but it's still very rare. Most of the studies on cancer are with doxycycline though.

Last edited by a moderator:

piotr_zarach

haidut said:
post 107837
piotr_zarach said:

It's more fat soluble than tetracycline but Peat thinks tetracycline is safer. Doxycycline has some reports on liver toxicity, but it's still very rare. Most of the studies on cancer are with doxycycline though.

How long you could use tetra and what is a max dose ? (in your interview with Danny you said antibiotics should be taken longer to clean guts)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
piotr_zarach said:
post 107869
haidut said:
post 107837
piotr_zarach said:

How long you could use tetra and what is a max dose ? (in your interview with Danny you said antibiotics should be taken longer to clean guts)

I don't know that here is any upper limit. For chronic back pain (which is related to endotoxin) a human study found that 2-3 months duration are needed to successfully treat it. Lyme disease patients also take 6-12 month course of antibiotics. It really depends on the case, and the only issues that I am aware of with long term use is fungal overgrowth and iron deficiency. The iron depletion effects is likely responsible for a good portion of the anti-cancer effects of the tetracyclines.

Nicholas

Blossom said:
post 68508 I'm going to try this for mole removal.

i used Thorne K2 for mole removal about a year ago and it worked. took a little over a week for it to fall off....it acted almost like a scab that you get impatient with and end up just being able to easily remove.

Philomath

I ran across this book when searching Amazon for topical tetracycline products - does this guy know something we don't or is he a quack/shill?

TETRACYCLINES AND MACROMOLECULE: Binding and Damaging properties of Tetracyclines to albumin and DNA

About the Author
Mateen A. Khan, PhD: Studied Biotechnology at A.M. University, Aligarh, U.P. India. PMATEEN KHAN
Postdoctoral fellow from the Hunter College of the City University of New York, and Stanford University, California, USA. Currently, Assistant Professor (Adj.) and Research Scientist at the Hunter College of the City University of New York, USA.

Product Description
Tetracyclines are well known broad spectrum antibiotics, bind with macromolecules (serum albumin and DNA). The higher binding affinity of tetracyclines for macromolecules in the body is implicated in drug stability and potency with a potential risk of macromolecular damage due to intracellular accumulation of tetracyclines. Photo- oxidation of TCs produces reactive oxygen species. Reactive oxygen species not only damage the protein but also induce strand breaks in DNA. Direct binding of tetracyclines with DNA, inducing the conformational changes, and the concomitant reduction of Cu(II), involving the formation of free radicals contribute for the strand breakage. There by indicating the essential role of hydroxyl radicals in the DNA breakage in addition to the methylation at N-3 and N-7 position of purine (A&G) which resulted mismatched of the base pairs. Thus in addition to the formation of strand breaks, the methylation of DNA bases by tetracyclines is also potentially mutagenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals