Tetracycline For Excessive Urination. 500mg Ok?

Velve921

Hello,

So I ordered 500mg pills of tetracycline before I read the dosage suggestions on the forum...I have an excessive urination issue that I can't shake for 5 years now...upto 70x a day on some days. Would 500mg a day be still considered a high dose?

I know people have written on other forums about dosing 100-250mg....just wondering if 500 could yield side effects.

If 500 is too big, my pills are in capsule form...is there a way to break up without ruining the product?

Thanks to all thoughts!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
post 116587 If 500 is too big, my pills are in capsule form...is there a way to break up without ruining the product?
I'm not sure what dosage you should take but I have 500 mg penicillin capsules that I've opened and divided to good effect. I bought some gelatin capsules at the health food store and put approximately 100 mg in each capsule. AFAIK the powder inside the capsules once opened should be fine as long as it's protected from air, light and moisture.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Velve921

Velve921

Blossom,

Just so I understand exactly..opening the tetracycline capsule and dispersing the antibiotic properties in gelatin capsules will not contaminate the properties of the antibiotic?

Thanks for your response!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
post 116716 Blossom,

Just so I understand exactly..opening the tetracycline capsule and dispersing the antibiotic properties in gelatin capsules will not contaminate the properties of the antibiotic?

Thanks for your response!
My penicillin worked fine splitting it up that way. I worked with clean hands and a clean surface to avoid any gross contamination problems. Honestly it never dawned on me that splitting up the powder inside the original capsule could be a problem. I suppose you could ask a pharmacist their opinion if you are concerned the medicine would be inactivated in somehow?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Did you notice good effects from Penicillin after splitting the pill? What issues did Penicillin remedy for you?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
post 116735 Did you notice good effects from Penicillin after splitting the pill? What issues did Penicillin remedy for you?
It works perfectly fine for me split up. I can definitely tell it is still effective.
I've used it occasionally as a bowel antiseptic. Sometimes when I tire of the carrot salad, cooked bamboo shoots and mushrooms and I notice some bloat starting up I will take a low dose of penicillin for a few days to get things straightened out.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Interesting.

Have their ever been any known side effects to mix the antibiotic powder with liquid like water? Or does it have to be in a gelatin or capsule form for ingestion?

have you ruled out prostate inflammation as the cause of frequent urination?

Do you think your prostate may have an infection?

I think this is more common than doctors think.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Over the past 5 years I've had several prostate exams; initially it was a little inflammed but then it subsided..according to them.

So far there have been no biomarkers that has been specific to prostate infection.

Is there something that I could be missing?

The other source of frequent urination is intestinal inflammation. It seems that there is a high correlation between peeing frequently, and the amount of acute inflammation. This applies to men and women of course.

One way of fixing this that has been suggested to me by a reliable source is to eat while minimizing the sources of intestinal inflammation, chemical and mechanical sources.

Eliminate any kind of raw vegetables at all, especially raw onions, raw garlic. Making sure that food is easily digestible, perhaps even ground up before eating. This can have a strikingly positive effect within two or three days, since the epithelial cells in the gut replenish themselves so frequently.

I was given this idea from Artour Rakhimov, who stresses the monitoring of intestinal inflammation by monitoring the volume of urine per act of urination. Higher volumes mean that your gut is healing.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Intestinal inflammation makes sense.

I am extremely sensitive to pufa, starch, and phosphate foods...all had to be eliminated or else I'm extremely sluggish, depressed, and stomach aches. Thats why the next was to consider tetracyclines to see if that could have an impact. Thoughts?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Current Regimen:

Foods

Fruit
Fruit Juice
Raw cane sugar
Coconut oil
grass fed milk
Ice cream
Dark Chocolate
parmigiana reggiano cheese
Gelatin
Beef Liver (1x a week)
Eggs
1 raw carrot a day
Coffee
Salt

I need to avoid all starch, phosphate, and PUFA as much as possible or else urination increases.

Supplementation

Red Light
Epsom Salt Baths
Blue Blocker sunglasses before bed
Baking Soda as needed in small amounts...good before workouts.
2 grains of NDT
20,000 IUS of Vitamin A (Retinol a day)
300mg of Niacinamide a day
600mg of Aspirin a day
50mg of Pregnenolone a day
2mg of Preg/DHEA supplement a day
3g of Taurine a day
2000 IUS of Vitamin D a day
2 mg of Vitamin K2 a day
1mg of Cyproheptadine before bed (Cypro and Benedryl made a huge difference with decreasing urination frequency at night)
Giving blood 4x a year now to decrease iron content.

Workouts

I've only been working out 1x a week for the past few months...urination decreased immensely once glycolytic activity was decreased. I lift 1x a week and do ELDOA exercises daily.

For the first year I was consuming 500-600g of sugar a day to keep temperature and heart rate up. I've now decreased carb consumption to 350-400 a day as blood sugar is improving. Elimination of starch, phosphate, and PUFA has been huge for me. Taurine and DHEA made the largest emotional improvements. Coffee + sugar + coconut oil + gelatin + Niacinamaide + Taurine has shown the best results increased feelings of well being.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Why would I decrease dairy? From my understanding it's suppose to stimulate digestion through proper thyroid production and decease slow digestion for bacteria growth.

I use to be a paleo low carb person and only started consuming diary for the first time in my life 2 years ago..once I added dairy energy increased tremendously and urination has decreased overall. I'm not opposed to it just curious as to why dairy would be the issue.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

From my understanding an inability to digest dairy either comes from:

1. Dairy that has added gums, beans, vitamins, and/or grain fed.

or

2. A person has an inability to break down lactose due to the inability produce lactase; production of lactase could be inhibited by unhealthy other foods. However, over time as gut heals person can regain ability to break down lactose.

Before I started eating through a Peat lifestyle, I could never digest conventional, processed dairy. I tried Kalona milk and immediately I could drink a gallon a day with no digestive discomfort or low energy.

Is there something else I could be missing? I am not saying your wrong just curious if there is something else I should be looking for.

Thanks for your thoughts!