Tetany And Cheese

gilson dantas

I try to organize my diet according to what I am learning from R Peat theory; the other day I had a strong tetany crisis; as long as I know tetany is linked to the metabolism of calcium.
My question: can someone who makes use of cheese every day [more than 400 g] have tetany by calcium deficiency [or excess phosphate]?

Perhaps insufficient magnesium. That can cause muscle spasms and cramping. Especially with high calcium and little magnesium.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Thank you ecstatichamster.
I think you may be allrigh.
But in this case I need to undestand two things.
1 - I use magnesium cloride [MgCl2] in water two times a day.
2 - I´m using NDT [natural desicc. thyr] 1 grain two times a day [9mcg of T3 each time]. And my TSH is 0,4 and serum T3 is growing up.
I mean: T3 holds magnesiun at the body.
How to connect those informations?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

I think I understand the cause of my tetany.
See what you think of this explanation.

As I been in use in NDT [dose of two grains a day], and my TSH become very good [0.04] apparently the very stimulated thyroid consumed my magnesium stock meager; and this brutal magnesium fall because of a thyroid hiperestimulated led to a drop of calcium in blood [hypocalcaemia] and then came the tetany crisis.
I can´t see no other explanation: there was not renal dysfunction justifying fall in serum calcium.
PTH wasn´t so high.
there was not low intake of calcium/phosphate: I consume cheese every day; nor I have hyperphosphatemia;
Therefore I only see magnesium deficiency as a determinant to overthrow the calcium, in the framework of a thyroid that demanded much more magnesium than usual.
I think these are the logical connection.
What do you say?

it's easy to increase magnesium. Or try to. I always get a sore butt when I take magnesium but you may try it, or try topical magnesium, or both. I would think you are on the right track. Taking it with B6 seems to really help.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Yes,
I think it´s very difficult to increase magnesiu [my low thyroid, I mean, my low metabolism makes me lose easily magnesium, I heard];
I´ll include B6, yes; good idea;
and perhaps I must to consume less cheese, once my magnesium is low [so I avoid to promote a disproportion too high between calcium/magnesium];
I am using twice a day topical magnesium [oil = magnesium cloride], and once VO [oral].
And I will reduce the NDT dose. I mean: I can´t accelerate my thyroid if I don´t have enough magnesium [that thyroid needs to work]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals