Testosterone Vs Dopamine

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

The only ***t I can still try is bring the D3 level up, use more MK4, and try some Boron. Other than that, Korean Ginseng, Tongkat, and topical DHEA

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I got to get out of the 460 Testosterone club

Andman

Frank, there's nothing wrong with being a nice, respectful person. Such an innate character trait is a huge advantage. If that is viewed as wrong in society, then it is society that is ill, not you. Rather than try to change your innate character focus on how you can transmute it into useful ways to improve your being.
I long abandoned the notion of trying to be normal, I accepted who I am and put my strengths to good use to get on in life. Extroverted, emotional types are slaves to the present moment. Being introspective and sensitive is a massive advantage imho, don't try to eradicate it, that's destructive; harness it to your benefit.

Great post, i see a lot of guys coming on here trying to become more „alpha“ by raising their androgens etc., while ignoring that peat himself has stated numerous times his dislike for the assertiveness > all, dog eat dog etc mentality.

edit: not trying to be arrogant btw, as ive been there myself, just saying that its basically the antithesis of the peat-lifestyle and may require living on stress hormones

Last edited:

Elephanto

Great post, i see a lot of guys coming on here trying to become more „alpha“ by raising their androgens etc., while ignoring that peat himself has stated numerous times his dislike for the assertiveness > all, dog eat dog etc mentality.

edit: not trying to be arrogant btw, as ive been there myself, just saying that its basically the antithesis of the peat-lifestyle and may require living on stress hormones

I don't think that being an ***hole implies stress hormones (betas are more stressed, the alpha role requires low stress as it would promote Serotonin which reverses social dominance) but that having high Testosterone imposes more choices, thus more discipline and guidance. For instance, criminals have on average much higher Testosterone, and Testosterone increases risk taking behaviours. It increases libido and naturally promotes a socially dominant personality. In the absence of moral guidance, it increases the risks and opportunities to act like an ***hole, of being involved in violent altercations (other men also test you much more when your test is high, or that you're tall and muscular), of commiting adultery and taking the path of criminality. Yet in this age of soft men and lack of morality, it is also a way to become a positive role model. To see a man with high testosterone be generous, kind, moral and humble (not ego-driven) is inspiring to kids, more than a low test man with these qualities, because a part of them also want to look like the high test man and it precedes being a good person.

Last edited:

Andman

Yeah thats the prevailing picture of high-test that i used to believe myself. A few years on supraphysiological doses of exogenous test have changed my mind a lot on what test is and isnt doing

Ulysses

I don't think you can be high-test low dopamine though.

Actually, I think that's how I've been for most of my life. I got addicted to video games at an early age and I think it ruined my dopaminergic system forever. Starting coffee at age 16 was a life-changing revelation for me.

Elephanto

Actually, I think that's how I've been for most of my life. I got addicted to video games at an early age and I think it ruined my dopaminergic system forever. Starting coffee at age 16 was a life-changing revelation for me.
Perhaps. Logically, it seems like the lack of Dopamine unable to inhibit Cortisol and Serotonin, which both decrease Testosterone, would make the possibility much less likely. Though when I wrote that, I was also thinking of certain individuals that didn't match the statement. Nowadays there seems to be environmental factors that either cause androgen excess or deficiency that goes beyond normal regulation.

Yeah thats the prevailing picture of high-test that i used to believe myself. A few years on supraphysiological doses of exogenous test have changed my mind a lot on what test is and isnt doing
Testosterone does increase risk-taking behaviours, confidence and libido.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Well I’ve already had a life of risk taking and impulsivity due to alcohol, lol. I just want a nice manly balance to my innate niceness. I’d be happy with a 600-700 T

vulture

I think some people here actually feel like ***t, and males might want to feel better improving mainly androgens, if they do they might be calmer, confident, not necessarily being a douchebag as they might fantasize, I have taken proviron and I didn't feel like a douchebag, I just felt calmer and minding my business, I wasn't trying to impress everyone, and that might be want Franky is looking for, he seems worried, anxious about himself, etc...
I can't judge that, been there, done that, maybe I'm not entirely free from that, but I know that it feels like ***t being there.

vulture

Well I’ve already had a life of risk taking and impulsivity due to alcohol, lol. I just want a nice manly balance to my innate niceness. I’d be happy with a 600-700 T
Sorry to tell you but I hitted 700 T and wasn't feeling such a great thing, I was actually impressed that my T was that high. Maybe it's effects are cummulative. I would suggest to look to normalize your levels, but don't get obsessed with that, it's not the only thing that will make you feel calm and great.

vulture

Have you tried Naltrexone?
I was a videogame addict maybe since 10-12 years old, also

baccheion

Sorry to tell you but I hitted 700 T and wasn't feeling such a great thing, I was actually impressed that my T was that high. Maybe it's effects are cummulative. I would suggest to look to normalize your levels, but don't get obsessed with that, it's not the only thing that will make you feel calm and great.
What was estradiol, progesterone, SHBG, albumin, free T, etc?

Sobieski

I have to reply to this just to say that this is exactly my experience. My T went up around 300 points naturally. Based on my subjective well being, I thought at the time that it was maybe 100 points or so. I was shocked when I received the results.

vulture

I have to reply to this just to say that this is exactly my experience. My T went up around 300 points naturally. Based on my subjective well being, I thought at the time that it was maybe 100 points or so. I was shocked when I received the results.
LOL
Did you felt improvement after? how?

vulture

The jump was from peating. I basically went from feeling like I was dying to functioning normally again. I just didn't realise that feeling normal was that high tbh.
Ok, Low T, felt like ***t, Peated, higher T, felt like ***t, then gradually started feeling better and more androgen-like feel?

Sobieski

Ok, Low T, felt like ***t, Peated, higher T, felt like ***t, then gradually started feeling better and more androgen-like feel?
No, not quite. I mean I went from falling apart mentally and physically to going back to normal, I.E what I was like as a normal, healthy 20 year old. It was just that my perception that higher T would make me into some kind of superhuman, which wasn't the case; I just became healthy and normal again if that makes sense.

Andman

my point exactly, raising T = cure all is just wishful thinking of the highest order. in fact, it came with significant drawbacks for me.

want drive, insatiable libido, „alpha“ mentality, social success, risk taking etc? raise e2, cortisol etc

baccheion

my point exactly, raising T = cure all is just wishful thinking of the highest order. in fact, it came with significant drawbacks for me.

want drive, insatiable libido, „alpha“ mentality, social success, risk taking etc? raise e2, cortisol etc
What effects did increased testosterone have?