Testosterone Range Change?

noqcks

I know that average serum testosterone has been rapidly in decline since the 1970s.

But does anyone know if the clinical ranges on blood tests have been adjusted since the 1970s as well?

I'm curious to know if the accepted T ranges were higher than they are now, but a google search is not turning up anything for me. Hoping someone on the forum has insight. Thanks.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Mine has 770 as highest

This is tragic, considering even established endocrinological texts state that men with total T <500 cannot really father children naturally. I would not be surprised if they lower the upper limit even more as this is now so prevalent. There was a recent article about some rising star young male "journalists" doing T tests and only one of them had 300+ (363) levels, the other were in the 200 range. The term "soyboy" seems quite accurate these days...

View: https://twitter.com/OrwellNGoode/status/924788126236717057

sun-maid

Last time I went, the normal range was 200 to 600... This was approx 2 years ago.

This is tragic, considering even established endocrinological texts state that men with total T <500 cannot really father children naturally. I would not be surprised if they lower the upper limit even more as this is now so prevalent. There was a recent article about some rising star young male "journalists" doing T tests and only one of them had 300+ (363) levels, the other were in the 200 range. The term "soyboy" seems quite accurate these days...

As tragic as average body temps dropping half a degree °C in the last 100 years. Both indicate a ddrop in energy and vitality in humans

x30001

“Soy” is literally a recently discovered phenotype characterised by low T and serotonin dominance (usually progressive politically too).

It’s fascinating how many idiosyncrasies the buzzfeed soy boys share despite being of mixed races and likely born into families of varied cultures.

Just goes to show how disrupted endocrine functioning in males is a huge epidemic which isn’t being addressed by the media or pharma :/

Marquis777

Yeah, at a General hospital in Canada.
?????????. Are you serious. In the US it's about 250-1000 and even in the old days the range was 800-1500.I don't know what the highest in history was. But allegedly It was 2000ng

sun-maid

?????????. Are you serious. In the US it's about 250-1000 and even in the old days the range was 800-1500.I don't know what the highest in history was. But allegedly It was 2000ng

Yeah. It's funny cause when I first encounter Ray Peat work and Danny, they were saying how the TSH and prolactin range is getting bigger every year. I though it was non sense and that the range was probably reviewed by thousand of doctor. When I received the blood test and saw the range with my ***t T, I came home and instantly start "Peating" lol. Imagine how many men are told that they have good T (in the middle of the range) by their doctor with a T of 300....

Explorer

What are main contributors to lowish T nowadays?

When I was 17 in 2019 January it was 475ng/dl but since Peating and taking androgenic supplements my beard, face masculinization, muscles, pecs, back, shoulders etc. have been improving, I haven't had blood tests for 2 years now though I wonder thoguh what my T is now

sun-maid

When I was 17 in 2019 January it was 475ng/dl but since Peating and taking androgenic supplements my beard, face masculinization, muscles, pecs, back, shoulders etc. have been improving, I haven't had blood tests for 2 years now though I wonder thoguh what my T is now

Same, I'm getting one next week after 2 years of Peating. I dont feel that great tho so I dont know..

Mauritio

Same, I'm getting one next week after 2 years of Peating. I dont feel that great tho so I dont know..
Please both report back when you get the lab results!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals