Testosterone Propionate In DMSO

5a-DHP

Since nobody dropped the complete, accurate list of pentravan ingredients in this thread; here they are:

Aqua purificata, Isopropyl myristate, Glyceryl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, Stearic acid, Isopropyl palmitate, Simethicone, Urea, Cetyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Potassium sorbate, Benzoic acid, Butylated hydroxytoluene, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic acid, Carbomer, and Hydrochloric acid.

golder

Since nobody dropped the complete, accurate list of pentravan ingredients in this thread; here they are:

Aqua purificata, Isopropyl myristate, Glyceryl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, Stearic acid, Isopropyl palmitate, Simethicone, Urea, Cetyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Potassium sorbate, Benzoic acid, Butylated hydroxytoluene, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic acid, Carbomer, and Hydrochloric acid.
This sounds extremely worrying to put on your scrotum.

5a-DHP

Which ingredients do you worry about and specifically why?
The two that potentially concern me are PEG-40 stearate and butylated hydroxytoluene, though not enough to warrant avoiding use.

PEG-40 Stearate
PEG-40 stearate is a synthetic polymer composed of PEG (polyethylene glycol) and stearic acid, a naturally occurring fatty acid. Due to the presence of PEG, this ingredient may contain potentially toxic manufacturing impurities such as 1,4-dioxane.
EWG Skin Deep® | What is PEG-40 STEARATEwww.ewg.org › skindeep › ingredients › 704602-PEG-...

Long-term exposure to high doses of BHT is toxic in mice and rats, causing liver, thyroid and kidney problems and affecting lung function and blood coagulation [4]. BHT can act as a tumour promoter in certain situations [5].
The Dirty Dozen: BHA and BHT - David Suzuki Foundation

supercoolguy

Why? Dissolve in MCT oil with BA+BB, filter and inject. Transdermal has horrible absorption rates and carries a lot of risk.
Can a proper Filter reduce the need for the BA+BB ?

On a side note:
(IF you look up testing of inject oils the test kits make the standard pharma oil appear to go rancid on contact)
(MCT Oil is the way to go, it did Not have that reaction to the test kits)

5a-DHP

Can a proper Filter reduce the need for the BA+BB ?

On a side note:
(IF you look up testing of inject oils the test kits make the standard pharma oil appear to go rancid on contact)
(MCT Oil is the way to go, it did Not have that reaction to the test kits)
If the oil is going into a multi-use vial that'll be used for repeated administration there really needs to be some form of preservative in there, otherwise you run the serious risk of intramuscular infection.
I have a friend who removed 10cc worth of puss from his right quad and almost lost the leg due to unsterile UGL gear - not worth the risk.

supercoolguy

If the oil is going into a multi-use vial that'll be used for repeated administration there really needs to be some form of preservative in there, otherwise you run the serious risk of intramuscular infection.
I have a friend who removed 10cc worth of puss from his right quad and almost lost the leg due to unsterile UGL gear - not worth the risk.
My only goal would be to acheive a consistant sterile product before each use.
Cant that be done via heat? Filtration? Both?
Yes i can imagine UGL testing is nonexistent.
(Pharma companies use Hourseshoe crab blue blood to test for minute levels of endotoxin in their products)

5a-DHP

My only goal would be to acheive a consistant sterile product before each use.
Cant that be done via heat? Filtration? Both?
Yes i can imagine UGL testing is nonexistent.
(Pharma companies use Hourseshoe crab blue blood to test for minute levels of endotoxin in their products)
It can be done, but if you're looking to use it as full replacement therapy which requires injecting EOD to ED, I imagine it'd get old very fast. A year into doing EOD injections and just drawing up the oil into a slin pin turned into a real chore for me.

supercoolguy

It can be done, but if you're looking to use it as full replacement therapy which requires injecting EOD to ED, I imagine it'd get old very fast. A year into doing EOD injections and just drawing up the oil into a slin pin turned into a real chore for me.
Tedious for sure. But what can you do? Make your own Amps!? Cant they use just one agent to sterilize. Like Eth Alcohol?

Pieter

I can't dissolve prop into DMSO only, I have to use other compounds.
For that reason I stopped using it, I don't want to absorb aclohol PP and PG.

Using testosterone base cream made with pentravan on the scrotum with no problem yes.
What would the problem be?
Hi there. How do you buy pentravan without a script? And where can I buy it. Thanks

Matestube

I mixed my raw testosterone propionate powder in pure DMSO, and there are some undissolved crystals floating around.

When I mix the raw testosterone base powder in pure DMSO, it dissolves instantly and doesn’t leave any residue.

Does it mean the prop won’t be absorbed as well?

Some compounding pharmacies where I live use test prop to mix in Pentravan to make the transdermal, how to they dissolve it?

Do I need to add alcohol to it to fully dissolve?

What else would do the trick?

@haidut @RisingSun @sunraiser @olive

I was skimming through a steroid forum to have more answers on this as I am interested.

Q:
Funny, test base dissolves very easily in DMSO, test prop almost doesn't dissolve.

A:
This can be explained by the differing polarities of the drugs. DMSO is very polar (unlike oils), and test base is more polar than test prop, because of the presence of an alcohol instead of an ester. The esterification of the alcohol lowers that carbon's polarity considerably, making the prop less polar overall. This makes it more soluble in nonpolar solvents (e.g., oils), and less soluble in polar solvents.

I guess that explains it.

golder

Why would anyone want to dissolve test prop over test base? Surely keeping it bioidentical is better for the body with less sides than using propionate?

Matestube

Why would anyone want to dissolve test prop over test base? Surely keeping it bioidentical is better for the body with less sides than using propionate?

Just like TheBeard was looking for a solution that would last longer throughout his veins, I'm also looking for a solution that wouldn't require applying two or three times a day, but rather one.

golder

Just like TheBeard was looking for a solution that would last longer throughout his veins, I'm also looking for a solution that wouldn't require applying two or three times a day, but rather one.
Fair point. I wonder if there’s a way of slowing down a transdermal test base cream so it was slowly absorbed enough to only need once a day application? Sounds like it would be the holy grail of safe testosterone supplementation? We need to work this one out!

Matestube

Fair point. I wonder if there’s a way of slowing down a transdermal test base cream so it was slowly absorbed enough to only need once a day application? Sounds like it would be the holy grail of safe testosterone supplementation? We need to work this one out!

My intuition would point me towards applying to the belly area where there is plenty of fat, allowing to create a testosterone reservoir in the fat that would get released slowly throughout the day.
Scrotum application would imply very fast release as the skin is too thin to create a reservoir.

golder

My intuition would point me towards applying to the belly area where there is plenty of fat, allowing to create a testosterone reservoir in the fat that would get released slowly throughout the day.
Scrotum application would imply very fast release as the skin is too thin to create a reservoir.
Good point. I may shave the belly hair, good application site. In terms of actual carriers/solvents…what’s the best way we can slow its absorption down to the maximum?

Matestube

Good point. I may shave the belly hair, good application site. In terms of actual carriers/solvents…what’s the best way we can slow its absorption down to the maximum?

That's what I've been asking around on this forum for the past week with no real answer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals