Testosterone Propionate In DMSO

golder

I can't dissolve prop into DMSO only, I have to use other compounds.
For that reason I stopped using it, I don't want to absorb aclohol PP and PG.

Using testosterone base cream made with pentravan on the scrotum with no problem yes.
What would the problem be?
Is the pentravan necessary with the ~100% absorption of the DMSO?

No_Energy

I can't dissolve prop into DMSO only, I have to use other compounds.
For that reason I stopped using it, I don't want to absorb aclohol PP and PG.

Using testosterone base cream made with pentravan on the scrotum with no problem yes.
What would the problem be?
Same concern, having all this extra stuff applied on the scrotum. That's why I asked if you knew everything that is included in pentravan's formula??. I tried to look it up but didn't find that information.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheBeard

Same concern, having all this extra stuff applied on the scrotum. That's why I asked if you knew everything that is included in pentravan's formula??. I tried to look it up but didn't find that information.

It's litterally the first result when you type "pentravan ingredients" in Google...

OP
T

TheBeard

Is the pentravan necessary with the ~100% absorption of the DMSO?

I use one or the other.
Right now I'm using the pentravan solution made by a compounding pharmacy.

I haven't used my home made DMSO solution in a while.

No_Energy

It's litterally the first result when you type "pentravan ingredients" in Google...
Beard, not really, that is a bad result from google, It links to webmd, but if you open that link and read you will see that those are not the ingredients in pentravan, they are just examples of things commonly used as "Emollients/moisturizers". Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

johnwester130

I mixed my raw testosterone propionate powder in pure DMSO, and there are some undissolved crystals floating around.

When I mix the raw testosterone base powder in pure DMSO, it dissolves instantly and doesn’t leave any residue.

Does it mean the prop won’t be absorbed as well?

Some compounding pharmacies where I live use test prop to mix in Pentravan to make the transdermal, how to they dissolve it?

Do I need to add alcohol to it to fully dissolve?

What else would do the trick?

@haidut @RisingSun @sunraiser @olive

ever considered abandoning DMSO due to its dangers and absorption dangers,

and doing 50ml alcohol, 50ml Vitamin E instead

I do this with DHEA and it works perfectly well, no stickiness from the oil

johnwester130

When dissolving Tbase in DMSO, can you just use 100% DMSO or is it advised to use say a 50:50 DMSO with ethanol combination? Thanks!

neither?

try alcohol and Vitamin e as the carrier, 50ml of each. DMSO has too many dangers. you don't want 100% absorption. also it is very harsh

Sven90

I use one or the other.
Right now I'm using the pentravan solution made by a compounding pharmacy.

I haven't used my home made DMSO solution in a while.

Hi, never heared of Pentravan before. Thank you for this hint.

Mixing Testosterone Cream with Pentravan could be a good idea, instead of using DMSO or Plo Gel.
However, Testosterone Cream usually have some alcohol in it, could this be a problem if the alocohol gets absorbed as well?

golder

neither?

try alcohol and Vitamin e as the carrier, 50ml of each. DMSO has too many dangers. you don't want 100% absorption. also it is very harsh
Might try this to be fair. I do get a mild itch with DMSO, which for obvious reasons I don’t want to have on my testes. Half tocopherol and half 95% vodka, do you think this would dissolve easily and make a good topical?

johnwester130

Might try this to be fair. I do get a mild itch with DMSO, which for obvious reasons I don’t want to have on my testes. Half tocopherol and half 95% vodka, do you think this would dissolve easily and make a good topical?

that sounds perfect, even 70 per cent oil and 30 per cent alcohol works

OP
T

TheBeard

This amount of alcohol will anihilate your scrotum skin. Even a 10th of that will.

golder

Beard, not really, that is a bad result from google, It links to webmd, but if you open that link and read you will see that those are not the ingredients in pentravan, they are just examples of things commonly used as "Emollients/moisturizers". Thanks anyway.
Beard, he is right here. I've checked 3 different sources for the ingredients of Pentravan cream and they all say different things. My intuition is that they don't want their special formula easy to find/replicate. Whereas my goal is simply to avoid putting things on my scrotum that I don't want to. Seeing as you're one of the only ones I know that definitively uses it, can you help us with the ingredients? Appreciate.

OP
T

TheBeard

Beard, he is right here. I've checked 3 different sources for the ingredients of Pentravan cream and they all say different things. My intuition is that they don't want their special formula easy to find/replicate. Whereas my goal is simply to avoid putting things on my scrotum that I don't want to. Seeing as you're one of the only ones I know that definitively uses it, can you help us with the ingredients? Appreciate.

1) if you don't actually quote my name, there is very little chance I will see your message, this time I did out of pure luck.

2) You have access to the same info as me, which is the Fragron website. How about you send them a mail if you don't find the ingredient list?

golder

1) if you don't actually quote my name, there is very little chance I will see your message, this time I did out of pure luck.

2) You have access to the same info as me, which is the Fragron website. How about you send them a mail if you don't find the ingredient list?
Pugnacious as ever. I’ll do that mate, cheers. I assumed you might have the bottle in front of you. If I get a response from Fragron I’ll post it here for the benefit of anyone else.

schultz

I most certainly would not use this on my scrotum. Google says that it's an "oil-in-water emulsion with a liposomal matrix" which makes me think lecithin is being used as the emulsifier. Not only that, any lotion like this would have to have preservatives (citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate or even benzyl alcohol which is quite toxic).

Upon further investigation, the penetration enhancing component of Pentravan is "Lipoil", which apparently is a synthetic lecithin and isopropyl palmitate. Pentravan also contains "Carbomer 940" which I suspect might be considered a xenoestrogen upon scrutiny.

"Pentravan is an oil-in-water emulsion with a polymeric (carbomer 940) and a liposomal (lecithin) matrix. Pentravan is also composed of a large variety of enhancers (isopropyl myristate, stearic acid, glycerol monostearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, isopropyl palmitate)"

golder

I most certainly would not use this on my scrotum. Google says that it's an "oil-in-water emulsion with a liposomal matrix" which makes me think lecithin is being used as the emulsifier. Not only that, any lotion like this would have to have preservatives (citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate or even benzyl alcohol which is quite toxic).

Upon further investigation, the penetration enhancing component of Pentravan is "Lipoil", which apparently is a synthetic lecithin and isopropyl palmitate. Pentravan also contains "Carbomer 940" which I suspect might be considered a xenoestrogen upon scrutiny.

"Pentravan is an oil-in-water emulsion with a polymeric (carbomer 940) and a liposomal (lecithin) matrix. Pentravan is also composed of a large variety of enhancers (isopropyl myristate, stearic acid, glycerol monostearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, isopropyl palmitate)"
Thanks Schultz, great detail and extremely helpful answer - you’ve definitely changed my opinion on the compound.

OP
T

TheBeard

The amount of testosterone you are getting per application + the sheer conversion to DHT renders the presence of these "endocrine disruptors" completely superflux.

"context is everything"

schultz

The amount of testosterone you are getting per application + the sheer conversion to DHT renders the presence of these "endocrine disruptors" completely superflux.

"context is everything"

Pure speculation. I would just be cautious. Ray warned about putting even just oil on the testicles. You don't want to cause testicular cancer or something.

Someone asked him about DHEA applied there... Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

He makes it clear that any solvent applied there (other than water) poses a risk.

Last edited:

vulture

Pure speculation. I would just be cautious. Ray warned about putting even just oil on the testicles. You don't want to cause testicular cancer or something.

Someone asked him about DHEA applied there... Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

He makes it clear that any solvent applied there (other than water) poses a risk.
Let the man experiment, he will die anyway. But if he does great, it’s a good information. We all shall be grateful of people willing to put meat in the grill

schultz

Let the man experiment, he will die anyway. But if he does great, it’s a good information. We all shall be grateful of people willing to put meat in the grill

Oh, I'm all for experimentation! Even when I know better lol. I just wanted to make sure people know it could be risky.