Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition

B___Danny

Guys, my mental libido is high, I go 2 days in Nofap and all I think about is sex.
Not sure if it's Serotonin driven or due to all the saturated fat and sugar I've been eating.
However, haven't had a morning erections in over 2 months.
It's been months since I was able to be fully erect, and when it does happen, it rarely lasts.
Thoughts?
Did you ever think that it might have something to do with not seeing women in a while because of this quarantine ***t? Even back at my days when i didn't have an erection for months, when I’d meet up with/be around beautiful women there would be no problems at all. If you’re struggling with calories, make half and half and then add maple syrup to taste.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

So, I took 5g of Creatine Mono mixed with fruit juice last night. Woke up at night with a solid boner, first one in weeks. Also, my voice feels deeper this morning.
I'm guessing this is from a boost in DHT. Was I DHT deficient?

David90

So, I took 5g of Creatine Mono mixed with fruit juice last night. Woke up at night with a solid boner, first one in weeks. Also, my voice feels deeper this morning.
I'm guessing this is from a boost in DHT. Was I DHT deficient?
Creatine boosts DHT. So there is a correlation to that, i think.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I'm back lifting heavy, 5 days a week, pure bodybuilding, high-volume workouts. Gotta reach 175 lbs (80kg).
I am also growing in height through subconscious reprogramming methods, so I'll expect to be a solid 190 lbs, packed with muscle in a year or so

David90

I'm back lifting heavy, 5 days a week, pure bodybuilding, high-volume workouts. Gotta reach 175 lbs (80kg).
I am also growing in height through subconscious reprogramming methods, so I'll expect to be a solid 190 lbs, packed with muscle in a year or so
Nice. Sounds good :handok:

I have given Full Body Workouts a Try since it is kind of a Fashion-Trend for ''2020''. Also i run my Upper, Lower, Full Body Split for quite a time and it was time to switch it.
I do it also with the Same Guidelines as Written in the Thread a few Sites before.

Workout A was this:

- BB Incline Bench Press / 3 x 5-7 Reps / 3 Minutes Pause between Sets
- Lat Pulldown / 3 x 5-7 Reps / 2 Minutes Pause between Sets
- BB Romanian Deadlift / 3 x 8-10 Reps / 3 Minutes Pause between Sets
- Weighted Dips / 3 x 6-8 Reps / 2:30 Minutes Pause between Sets
- Cable Upright Row (with Triceps Cable) / 3 x 8-10 Reps / 2 Minutes Pause between Sets
-Weighted Sit Ups / 3x 10-20 Reps / 2 Minutes Pause between Sets
(+ Optionally: ''L Sit Flutter Kicks with Bodyweight'')

Rest between Exercises was also like 3-4 Minutes.​

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Findings:
  • 5+ drops of Kuinone topically applied on the testes and member will give me an erection within minutes
  • Tribulus and Siberian Ginseng are effective libido boosters, concluding from first days use

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I realized how much I've been overtraining and under-sleeping. This week I took a complete week off from training, to refresh and recover.
Last 2 nights I took 0.5mg of Cypro before bed, slept about 9hrs, better than my usual sleep.
Woke up this morning and now I feel surprisingly energetic and relaxed. There is truth to the idea that too much training and undersleeping can block your metabolism from healing. Have to find a soft spot cause I love lifting and having muscle mass is of high importance to me.

Sefton10

Have to find a soft spot cause I love lifting and having muscle mass is of high importance to me.
This is what many people who come to Peat with hypothyroidism/trashed metabolism after fasting/low carb/overtraining have to reconcile. What worked for me was a full 6 weeks off any training then slowly bringing it back little by little.

David90

Have to find a soft spot cause I love lifting and having muscle mass is of high importance to me.
Ditto. Maybe (AFTER your Week Off) try 20-30 Minute Workouts and see how you feel. Preferably with Compound Exercises (less to no Isolation Exercises).
I do this personally myself, doing 30 Minute Workouts throughout the Week. And on Sunday i'll do a Normal 60 Minute Full Body Workout.

Sleep is also crucial, especially with Weight Training. Getting 8-9 Hours of Uninterupted Sleep would be good.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@David90 I have my programming already set-up for months in advance. Right now, I am on a paid program that is 5 months long in duration (21 weeks), completed 15 weeks already.
I have 5 workouts / week, each workout duration is between 60-90min.
So I have to stick to it till the end, giving up would show poor self discipline.

20-30min workouts would be a significant downgrade. New gains don't come easy.
And for some reason, I'm drawn to and feel better doing isolation exercises / bro splits. Too much compound workouts feel much more draining on the CNS.

David90

@David90 I have my programming already set-up for months in advance. Right now, I am on a paid program that is 5 months long in duration (21 weeks), completed 15 weeks already.
So I have to stick to it till the end, giving up would show poor self discipline.

And for some reason, I'm drawn to and feel better doing isolation exercises / bro splits. Too much compound workouts feel much more draining on the CNS.
I Understand. It would really mean poor self discipline, especially if you came this far into the Program.

That's true. New Gains don't come easy but i think it's a good combination of Volume, Intensity and Frequency that keeps the Gains coming. All Three can't be high. One or two of them have to be lower(ed). For Hypertrophy, most muscles should be hit at least Twice per Week for a Total Volume of Around 10 Sets per Muscle Group per Week and keeping around 1-3 Reps in the Tank (According to Guys like Mike Isratel, Brad Schoenfeld, Menno Henselmanns and so forth).

I feel you. Isolation Exercises are indeed less Taxing on the CNS because it trains mostly one Muscle Group specifically. A Biceps Curl for Example is way less Taxing then a Weighted Chin-Up which is VERY Taxing especially if you do them Heavy. Also we can go close(r) to Failure on Isolation Exercises then on Compound Exercises. Good Luck going to Failure on Squats and Deadlifts (Compound Exercises) and doing that again after Three Minutes Pause or less....lol

I noticed this especially Yesterday in my 60 Minute Full Body Workout. 4 of the 6 Exercises were Compound Exercises. I felt also a bit drained after that.

Have you try'ed a Intra-Workout Drink?. Especially if you do Workouts between 60-90 Minutes it would make sense.
A mix of 500 ml Sparkling Water, Apple / Orange Juice, and a bit of Salt can surely help with that. It helps against Stress Hormones and keeps Blood Sugar Stable throughout the Workout.

Sefton10

Dude, even if you could look like Arnie in his pomp, what’s the point if you feel like crap all the time?

Scaling back an exercise programme (whether paid for or not) that might be digging you deeper into a hole is not showing poor self discipline.

OccamzRazer

Don't be afraid to 'give up' on the program if that's what your body is telling you!

Some of the best ~ and most disciplined ~ athletes I've ever been around had the discipline to go really easy on rest days, sleep a lot, eat a lot, and minimise stress.

These things set them apart from the rest, who would sometimes neglect active recovery since they couldn't handle the idea of not proving their fitness levels.

The wiser athletes adjusted their training on an ongoing, as-needed basis, often working with a coach who reduced their training frequency at the first sign of overreaching. When in doubt, they held back. And when they felt good, they really went for it!

Just my 2 cents.

OccamzRazer

This sounds really interesting. Has the reprogramming worked for you yet? How tall are you?

OccamzRazer

Dude, even if you could look like Arnie in his pomp, what’s the point if you feel like crap all the time?

Scaling back an exercise programme (whether paid for or not) that might be digging you deeper into a hole is not showing poor self discipline.
Scaling back can be tough, but it actually shows a tremendous amount of self-discipline!

Sefton10

Scaling back can be tough, but it actually shows a tremendous amount of self-discipline!
Totally agree. I tried a lot of things, but the elephant in the room was exercise, specifically intense weightlifting. Eventually I just had to admit it as nothing else was working. It killed me at the time, and the temptation is still always there to do too much, but scaling it back has played a major role in feeling better over time.

David90

Totally agree. I tried a lot of things, but the elephant in the room was exercise, specifically intense weightlifting. Eventually I just had to admit it as nothing else was working. It killed me at the time, and the temptation is still always there to do too much, but scaling it back has played a major role in feeling better over time.
True. I can understand that he doesn't want to give up on the Program because he payed for it. So i can fully understand that.

But it's also not a shame to reduce back on the Volume for a While, if overtraining Symptoms accure or if someone has a little bit of Stress in their Life at the Moment (regardless if it's Stress from the Lockdowns, Work or Family/Friends/Social Circle).

I would NOT reduce Frequency if someone trains less throughout the Week. Becuase as a Natural Lifter you will need Muscle Protein Synthesis spikes more often in the Trained Muscle to grow them. Especially as someone gets more Advanced or has a couple of Years of Lifting under his belt.

For example if someone Trains for a Total of 2-3 Workouts per Week, it makes total sense to switch to Full Body Workouts because it gives the Most Bang for your Buck.
If someone has more Time in General and less Stress in Life, then i would up that to 4 Workouts per Week (Upper / Lower / Full Body, 4 x Full Body or Push, Pull, Legs, Upper Body works best in that Terms since you get a good Amount of Frequency and Volume).