G

GreekDemiGod

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901_144953_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901_144953_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 31

redsun

UPDATE:
It's now been 1 and a half months since I started peating. Been tracking my morning erections for the past few months.
As mentioned, the past 1-2 years, the frequency of my morning boners dramatically reduced.:(.
Did 4 months on a Carnivore Diet, and for a while, my libido increased by a lot, and I was getting more frequent and harder erections than I've been getting in a long time. Towards the end of my Carnivore diet, libido took a hit and never returned.

First 2 weeks of peating: decent libido, getting some erections every 2-3 days.
Present moment: Have only got 1 erections in the past 10 days. Libido is quite low, I'm doing Nofap (Semen Retention) too.
One reason might be the reduction in red meat intake. Went from eating 1 lb daily to eating 3 times / week or so. Might make red meat a staple food.

Anyone else who experienced a dip in libido in the early stages of Peating, only to come back stronger?

How is your folate intake? Keep in mind on carnivore you were getting more of things like cholesterol and probably more bioavailable nutrients. Are you clocking at least 100% on all the required nutrients? I have seen positive effects on increased folate on libido. I think its gravely important to keep up the methylation cycle nutrients that you had on carnivore to now. You likely get way less B12 and choline now then you did on carnivore. I assume you did get enough folate from organ meats but I don't know. Folate, B12, and choline will synergistically speed up methylation and increase histamine levels, which are needed for libido, testosterone and without a doubt morning wood.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@redsun: I'm clocking over 100% on all vitamins & minerals, with the exception of Iodine.
Average Folate intake: 184%
I eat organ meats 1-2 times / week. Always craved them.
On Carnivore, I was eating up to 2 lbs of muscle meat (beef mostly) / day, and up to 6-7 eggs / day, so that must have counted for a lot of B12 and Choline.

redsun

@redsun: I'm clocking over 100% on all vitamins & minerals, with the exception of Iodine.
Average Folate intake: 184%
I eat organ meats 1-2 times / week. Always craved them.
On Carnivore, I was eating up to 2 lbs of muscle meat (beef mostly) / day, and up to 6-7 eggs / day, so that must have counted for a lot of B12 and Choline.

Yeh the eggs... that's a lot of choline. Its probably the choline, I would increase the egg consumption. 6 eggs is about 900mg choline and 2lbs of meat is another 1000mg of choline so you sure were getting a lot of it, that's for sure. Also the increased B12 is factored into there as well.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Anyone know how to solve this pattern:
  • low-normal total Testosterone levels
  • low free Testosterone
  • overall low libido
  • SHBG in range
  • testicular ultrasound showed no physical issues
  • low-normal pituitary hormones (LH & FSH)
My understanding is that LH and FSH dictate the production of testosterone. So if T levels were high, these LH & FSH levels were acceptable. But with both low T and low FSH & LH, the HPA axis might be broken. This is classified as secondary hypogonadism.

Would it be worth doing further testing to check for pituitary tumors? Any supplements that can directly upregulare LH and FSH? Mucuna pruriens is one I've found.
I seemingly do not suffer from any diseases. Except my lifelong poor digestion: slow digestion and chronic bloating. Have a history of stomach ulcers, IBS, Heliobacter pylori.

I've ordered Taurine and will be adding it to my stack soon, together with Mag. Glycinate:cool:
Zinc is having minimal effects currently.

Current 'peat' stack:
  • Aspirin 500 mg daily
  • Vitamin E (normal dose)
  • Zinc (flavo-zinc / gluconate) 22 mg
  • Levo (T4) 25 mcg
  • D3 5000 IU 3-4 times / week.

Last edited:

ilhanxx

• low free Testosterone
  • overall low libido
  • SHBG in range
My understanding is that LH and FSH dictate the production of testosterone. So if T levels were high, these LH & FSH levels were acceptable. But with both low T and low FSH & LH, the HPA axis might be broken. This is classified as secondary hypogonadism.

Would it be worth doing further testing to check for pituitary tumors? Any supplements that can directly upregulare LH and FSH? Mucuna pruriens is one I've found.
I seemingly do not suffer from any diseases. Except my lifelong poor digestion: slow digestion and chronic bloating. Have a history of stomach ulcers, IBS, Heliobacter pylori.

I've ordered Taurine and will be adding it to my stack soon, together with Mag. Glycinate:cool:

Current 'peat' stack:
  • Aspirin 500 mg daily
  • Levo (T4) 25 mcg
Do you have check any varicocele or hypophysis adenoma.

maybe your cortisol is high, all hormones wait standby mode. You can check adrenal values, adrenal cortex can work more than your gonadal. Clomid+exemestane can be a good option. Supplements dont work. clomid low dose 50mg weekly and exemestane 10mg weekly is an option.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@ilhanxx Thanks for writing.
Never tested for hypophysis adenoma.
I went to a urologist for a physical examination and ultrasound.
He briefly examined my testincles and said all good.
I did noticed 2 years ago or so the the scrotum area above my testicles (on both sides) feels fuller, like the veins have all gathered closer.

About the cortisol: I was chronically emotionally stressed my whole childhood, adolescence and early 20s. Coupled with mild depression and lack of joy.
Did low-carb / Carnivore for a while, that messed me up even more.
Now since I've been peating, I do feel positive effects from the sugar, I'm able to relax a bit more, my cortisol is going lower likely.

What are the adrenal values / tests to check?
I'll have to check if Clomid is obtainable over the counter.

ilhanxx

@ilhanxx Thanks for writing.
Never tested for hypophysis adenoma.
I went to a urologist for a physical examination and ultrasound.
He briefly examined my testincles and said all good.
I did noticed 2 years ago or so the the scrotum area above my testicles (on both sides) feels fuller, like the veins have all gathered closer.

About the cortisol: I was chronically emotionally stressed my whole childhood, adolescence and early 20s. Coupled with mild depression and lack of joy.
Did low-carb / Carnivore for a while, that messed me up even more.
Now since I've been peating, I do feel positive effects from the sugar, I'm able to relax a bit more, my cortisol is going lower likely.

What are the adrenal values / tests to check?
I'll have to check if Clomid is obtainable over the counter.
Cortisol is my problem too. Cortisol is highest in the morning and night, I eat only one naked apple and pear in the morning, fructose reduce cortisol, I eat raw natural some honey in the night, it helps too, sometimes I drink ginger tea with some gelatin in it at night. Adrenal tests are cortisol, acth, dhea-s etc. Do you suffer frequent urination?
clomid recommended dosage is high, every other day 10 mg, 2 days in a week 5mg aromasin can be sufficient.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Just to add on some frustration of mine, I've been a low-energy guy my whole life, and for the past 2 years I've embarked on a quest to change this, without succes. I assume this is connected to cortisol / chronic stress. Doing any endurance cardio absolutely drains me. Any major physical exertion and I get tired very quicky.

I do bodybuilding / strength training. I feel best when working in the 5 - 12 rep range.
In contrast, I'm now doing a classic bodybuilding style program (15 - 30 rep range), very high volume, trisets, supersets and it drains me.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@ilhanxx Will take some fresh tests soon, cause I'm curious how my T levels have changed since peating.
Yes about frequent urination, but I experience this only since I started peating.

ilhanxx

Kram

• low free Testosterone
  • overall low libido
  • SHBG in range

Current 'peat' stack:
  • Aspirin 500 mg daily
  • Levo (T4) 25 mcg
Some other things to consider:

-you said your prolactin was in the normal range, but for optimal health, this should be right near the bottom of the range
-Serotonin and estrogen heavily influence prolactin and based on some of your mental symptoms, you may have high serotonin and thus low dopamine (low energy, ruminating thoughts, stuck in your head)
-if any of your stress hormones are high (serotonin, estrogen, cortisol, prolactin), this can block proper thyroid function which leads to low energy and low libido
-good libido is a product of overall systemic health so I would not focus on trying to find a miracle supplement that upregulates LH and FSH
-Outside of a good diet (and making sure all your vitamins and minerals are in place), quality sleep and occasional weight training, I would try to get serotonin as low as possible (and the other stress hormones) and consider supplementing all the b-vitamins
-remember, these issues take time to fix. Not going to happen overnight

good luck

redsun

• low free Testosterone
  • overall low libido
  • SHBG in range

Current 'peat' stack:
  • Aspirin 500 mg daily
  • Levo (T4) 25 mcg

When I look on selfhacked on increasing LH, it gives me this:

"
  • D-aspartic acid [21]
  • Forskolin [22]
  • Resveratrol [23]
  • Omega 3 (which also can increase FSH) [24]
  • Vitamin D [17]
  • Garlic [25, 26, 27]
  • Licorice (in men) [28]
"

You are already taking vitamin D, perhaps d-aspartic acid is worth a try. I wouldn't be so sure you automatically have high cortisol unless you get tested for it. Zinc needs B6 to work, I think P5P is a very good supplement to take along with zinc and vitamin E as they are synergistic. B6 along with zinc and vitamin E are necessary for production of many hormones not too mention P5P is a potent anti-stress vitamin.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Kram Thanks, great response.
My Prolactin levels came out 192 uUI/ml (range 98 - 456).
I've seen B6 recommended around the forum.
Someone suggested to me to keep my meat and eggs intake high after dropping off the Carnivore Diet due to methylation cycle reasons.

I try to be patient, even though I sometimes just want to cry. My mental health is damaged, so I'd take that over high Testosterone, if I had to pick one.
I often fall into nihilism / sadness, it's crushing.

Another aspect to mention: my sexual life has been close to non-existent for the past year (due to loneliness and Low-Confidence).
I've recently met a pretty woman, we got very intimate, but not full sexual intercourse yet. Here's the thing. While kissing, I got a decent erection. however after we got almost naked and some 'foreplay', I did not got an erection. I was completely soft (in boxers). That was scary.:(
And this woman is by far the most physically attractive I've ever been close with.

Last edited:

redsun

@Kram Thanks, great response.
My Prolactin levels came out 192 uUI/ml (range 98 - 456).
I've seen B6 recommended around the forum.
Someone suggested to me to keep my meat and eggs intake high after dropping off the Carnivore Diet due to methylation cycle reasons.

I try to be patient, even though I sometimes just want to cry. My mental health is damaged, so I'd take that over high Testosterone, if I had to pick one.
I often fall into nihilism / sadness, it's crushing.

Another aspect to mention: my sexual life has been close to non-existent for the past year (due to loneliness and Low-Confidence).
I've recently met a pretty woman, we got very intimate, but not full sexual intercourse yet. Here's the thing. While kissing, I got a decent erection. however after we got almost naked and some 'foreplay', I did not got an erection. I was completely soft (in boxers). That was scary.:(
And this woman is by far the most physically attractive I've ever been close with.

Anxiety(you mentioned this previously), sadness(depression), libido and erection problems...

How often(if at all) do you get tinnitus? Also how's your sleep? As in, are you a very heavy sleeper(need to sleep a lot to have any chance of feeling rested) or sleep less than 8 and feel rested? 1-10 How self-motivated are you in general? Do you experience seasonal allergies?

Also a potential quick fix for erection... oysters are considered an aphrodisiac, likely due to high zinc content but its also high in a lot of minerals. Might be worth a shot to eat some regularly.