Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition

Cirion

upload_2019-8-23_10-26-25.png

Here is what I plotted in another thread. Yes there is lots of scatter, that is because I'm plotting "Everything" on one plot. The takeaway should be the peaks. The best peaks occur between 1-1.5 gram, and .75-1 ish or so Ca:P.

I have not yet plotted P by itself to see at one point too much is too much. That's something interesting to plot, thanks for bringing it up. I will do that in a bit and see what that looks like. You could actually be right, at least I personally don't do well on muscle meats after all. The interesting thing is that too much more than 1.5 gram calcium may actually lower metabolism, so no need (and maybe dangerous) to over-do it.

A score of "100" on metabolism (Y- axis) is defined as 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulses (waking up). These are 14 day or 2-week averaged plots (to wash out some of the scatter).

Last edited:

BigChad

View attachment 14440

Here is what I plotted in another thread. Yes there is lots of scatter, that is because I'm plotting "Everything" on one plot. The takeaway should be the peaks. The best peaks occur between 1-1.5 gram, and .75-1 ish or so Ca:P.

I have not yet plotted P by itself to see at one point too much is too much. That's something interesting to plot, thanks for bringing it up. I will do that in a bit and see what that looks like. You could actually be right, at least I personally don't do well on muscle meats after all. The interesting thing is that too much more than 1.5 gram calcium may actually lower metabolism, so no need (and maybe dangerous) to over-do it.

A score of "100" on metabolism (Y- axis) is defined as 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulses (waking up). These are 14 day or 2-week averaged plots (to wash out some of the scatter).

Apparently, you can also make use of Vitamin A, or vitamin D3 to alter your ratio. More D3 would bring calcium and sodium up, and phosphorus/potassium/magnesium down. While more vitamin A would bring phosphorus/potassium/magnesium up, calcium/sodium down.

So D3:A ratio would become more important the more phosphorus you are consuming relative to calcium. D3 also depletes ceruloplasmin I heard, so that could cause some copper toxicity symptoms if you don't get enough A.

I guess this also means you may want to keep sodium intake lower if you are consuming a lot of D3 relative to A, or keep sodium intake higher if you are consuming a lot of A relative to D3.

milkboi

how many drops?

Full dose, 6 drops. I’ll run out in about 14 days, will take a break from it and see how I feel, and then maybe reorder depending if I feel great off it too (don’t wanna risk messing with my natural androgens too much).

rawmeat

Does diet have any effect ? (like more starches, or sugars, or meat, etc)

Yes. High carb, gelatin, coffee, and aspirin all help T.

Diet is only a small factor though. Your environment/activities will have a much larger impact.

iarkosios

Full dose, 6 drops. I’ll run out in about 14 days, will take a break from it and see how I feel, and then maybe reorder depending if I feel great off it too (don’t wanna risk messing with my natural androgens too much).

Cool for me personally 3-4 drops is optimal anything else gives me breathlessness

milkboi

Yes. High carb, gelatin, coffee, and aspirin all help T.

Diet is only a small factor though. Your environment/activities will have a much larger impact.

So what are the most important/impactful lifestyle factors for T? Weightlifting, encounters with females, tanning for Vitamin D?

nbznj

Protein and fats both at .5g/lb are sufficient for every function of the body and more isn’t better. A high carb/protein ratio drops Cortisol and improves all hormones. Much easier to keep that ratio high via keeping protein around the mark above instead of pounding on carbs until one is at a constant caloric surplus which is terrible for health

BigChad

Protein and fats both at .5g/lb are sufficient for every function of the body and more isn’t better. A high carb/protein ratio drops Cortisol and improves all hormones. Much easier to keep that ratio high via keeping protein around the mark above instead of pounding on carbs until one is at a constant caloric surplus which is terrible for health

What does carb: protein ratio need to be at? is 1:1 enough?

nbznj

1:1 is way too high and unfortunately oh so standard among bros who lift and think they know what they’re doing (not implying you’re one of those). Proteins are massively overrated.

1-s2.0-0024320587900865-main.pdf

Nutrition-endocrine interactions: induction of reciprocal changes in the delta 4-5 alpha-reduction of testosterone and the cytochrome P-450-dependent oxidation of estradiol by dietary macronutrients in man.

That and bone loss, insulin resistance and other bad aspects of high proteins diets that no one talks about because “kidneys are fine”.

Anyways. Start at 3:1 if not 4:1 carbs over proteins.

Cirion

What does carb: protein ratio need to be at? is 1:1 enough?

I can actually provide an evidence based answer to this question, and its a lot higher than people think.

upload_2019-8-23_15-13-31.png

This is from my personal database. A score of 100 means -- 98.6F waking temp, 85 waking pulse, and weight neutral or weight lost. This is also a 5 day averaged plot, which means 98.6F 5 days in a row, 85 bpm 5 days in a row, and weight neutral/weight loss 5 days in a row, and I found I need upwards of a 14:1 carb to protein ratio.

Note: keep in mind I am heavily overweight, which likely skews the ratio higher. Someone leaner and healthier doesn't need as much, but it still may very well be higher than the standard 3-4:1 ratio that is commonly quoted especially if you lift weights.

iarkosios

Interesting. How pronounced is this effect? Same area of application?

I have heard bad stuff about scrotum application so I stick to inner wrist. Effect is subtle but good. I'll have to experiment with Diamant combination as some users have reported enhanced effects with it.

nbznj

@Cirion my external health appears top notch, yet my internal health could be better. 6’3 200+ lbs sub 10% fat... that’s actually stressful. I’ve recently bumped the carb:protein ratio from 3:1 up to 5:1. I’ll cut on protein a bit and get that ratio up to 8:1 or so. Feels good to have really high body temperature again.

I use to hate on Colin Campbell’s 8-12% recommendations for dietary proteins. Yet here I am now lol

Cirion

@Cirion my external health appears top notch, yet my internal health could be better. 6’3 200+ lbs sub 10% fat... that’s actually stressful. I’ve recently bumped the carb:protein ratio from 3:1 up to 5:1. I’ll cut on protein a bit and get that ratio up to 8:1 or so. Feels good to have really high body temperature again.

I use to hate on Colin Campbell’s 8-12% recommendations for dietary proteins. Yet here I am now lol

High carb is protein sparing as you probably know well. My first exposure to protein being over-rated even for bodybuilding was the www.bodybuilding.com forums. As you may know, that forum is infested with gym bro "know it alls" taking their fish oil and eating whatever they want as long as "IIFYM" but anyway... One guy stood out among the pack, showing that one can get jacked with only 100 gram of protein a day, and he didn't look starved at all, plenty of muscle. The really high protein diets are primarily for the 300+ lb ripped guys on gear like Ronnie Coleman. Of course they need more protein than the non-geared individual since they build muscle at such a fast rate.

This is where vegans *almost* get it right with protein (animal meat) mostly being an optional food. The protein requirement is indeed far lower than people think it is, and I've experimented with full vegan, but I can pretty much say that vegan is a tad too low and the occasional organ meat (I don't eat muscle meat anymore), maybe glass of milk, occasional seafood, and daily gelatin/some other rich plant protein source like potatoes are needed to keep things from going TOO low.

Last edited:

BigChad

I can actually provide an evidence based answer to this question, and its a lot higher than people think.

View attachment 14444

This is from my personal database. A score of 100 means -- 98.6F waking temp, 85 waking pulse, and weight neutral or weight lost. This is also a 5 day averaged plot, which means 98.6F 5 days in a row, 85 bpm 5 days in a row, and weight neutral/weight loss 5 days in a row, and I found I need upwards of a 14:1 carb to protein ratio.

Note: keep in mind I am heavily overweight, which likely skews the ratio higher. Someone leaner and healthier doesn't need as much, but it still may very well be higher than the standard 3-4:1 ratio that is commonly quoted especially if you lift weights.

Are you hypothyroid. Howd you get overweight

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

UPDATE:
It's now been 1 and a half months since I started peating. Been tracking my morning erections for the past few months.
As mentioned, the past 1-2 years, the frequency of my morning boners dramatically reduced.:(.
Did 4 months on a Carnivore Diet, and for a while, my libido increased by a lot, and I was getting more frequent and harder erections than I've been getting in a long time. Towards the end of my Carnivore diet, libido took a hit and never returned.

First 2 weeks of peating: decent libido, getting some erections every 2-3 days.
Present moment: Have only got 1 erections in the past 10 days. Libido is quite low, I'm doing Nofap (Semen Retention) too.
One reason might be the reduction in red meat intake. Went from eating 1 lb daily to eating 3 times / week or so. Might make red meat a staple food.

Anyone else who experienced a dip in libido in the early stages of Peating, only to come back stronger?

milkboi

UPDATE:
It's now been 1 and a half months since I started peating. Been tracking my morning erections for the past few months.
As mentioned, the past 1-2 years, the frequency of my morning boners dramatically reduced.:(.
Did 4 months on a Carnivore Diet, and for a while, my libido increased by a lot, and I was getting more frequent and harder erections than I've been getting in a long time. Towards the end of my Carnivore diet, libido took a hit and never returned.

First 2 weeks of peating: decent libido, getting some erections every 2-3 days.
Present moment: Have only got 1 erections in the past 10 days. Libido is quite low, I'm doing Nofap (Semen Retention) too.
One reason might be the reduction in red meat intake. Went from eating 1 lb daily to eating 3 times / week or so. Might make red meat a staple food.

Anyone else who experienced a dip in libido in the early stages of Peating, only to come back stronger?

Supplementing 15mg zinc gives me constant daily morning wood.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals