Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition

gaze

Receipts are endocrine disruptors? How?
Could you give some comments on specific foods to add for carbs besides honey, milk, chocolate, yogurt.
Which carb and fruit sources are acceptable. And if protein is at 220g, fats at 60g, how many carbs are needed? Is 150g carbs enough or does it need to be 200g or what

There’s bpa on the receipts paper which you touch/absorb when you get handed the reciept.

How much do you weigh that your eating 220g protein? protein should be at .7-.8g per pound body weight for optimal hormone production. As far as carbs go, they should make like 50-60% of your diet. For me personally I go 300-500carbs, 80-130g protein, and 30-60 ish g fat, im usually always between those, if i go higher on carbs a little lower on fat, and vice versa.

For carb sources, good carbs for testosterone include: White rice, any kind of potatoes, any kind of fruit that you can get such as melons, OJ, banana, any fruit sugar really, traditionally prepared sourdough bread where the gluten is deactivated, honey like you mentioned, maple syrup. Basically if it doesn’t have pufa, gluten, or phytic acid, you can eat it.

Steak potatoes and some goat cheese shredded on top with some melon for dessert is a perfect high T meal.

BigChad

There’s bpa on the receipts paper which you touch/absorb when you get handed the reciept.

How much do you weigh that your eating 220g protein? protein should be at .7-.8g per pound body weight for optimal hormone production. As far as carbs go, they should make like 50-60% of your diet. For me personally I go 300-500carbs, 80-130g protein, and 30-60 ish g fat, im usually always between those, if i go higher on carbs a little lower on fat, and vice versa.

For carb sources, good carbs for testosterone include: White rice, any kind of potatoes, any kind of fruit that you can get such as melons, OJ, banana, any fruit sugar really, traditionally prepared sourdough bread where the gluten is deactivated, honey like you mentioned, maple syrup. Basically if it doesn’t have pufa, gluten, or phytic acid, you can eat it.

Steak potatoes and some goat cheese shredded on top with some melon for dessert is a perfect high T meal.

currently 200 but I did 220g protein even while weighing 165 pounds and above.
i thought rice, potatoes, and banannas are not peaty due to the starchiness and allergens?
My overall calories were somewhat low (2100 on a daily basis with a higher calorie day once a week). I found that if protein dipped below 205g (while weighing 170), I would start to lose strength and muscle. Raising it above 220 did not offer any noticeable benefit either. I also found that raising fats from 55g or 60g to 70g did not offer any noticeable benefit.

that's good to know regarding the bpa. is it on the paper itself or just the ink? How much do you absorb from holding the receipt, wouldn't that be comparable to touching a bpa plastic water bottle for a couple seconds?

can you skip the potatoes, just eat the meat plain in a bowl, and just have fruit or something afterwards.

I'm not sure what to do as far as fruits cuz apparently any of the ones without a shell like grapes have a pesticide risk. I've seen concerns regarding banannas, not only is there a risk due to current growing methods but you have to wait until it's extremely ripe otherwise its starchy. I'm not sure what Ray's thoughts on kiwi are but it apparently has PQQ in it.

Btw do you need to get fiber or is the overall carbs the main thing. I may just end up doing more honey and maple syrup for carbs.

gaze

currently 200 but I did 220g protein even while weighing 165 pounds and above.
i thought rice, potatoes, and banannas are not peaty due to the starchiness and allergens?
My overall calories were somewhat low (2100 on a daily basis with a higher calorie day once a week). I found that if protein dipped below 205g (while weighing 170), I would start to lose strength and muscle. Raising it above 220 did not offer any noticeable benefit either. I also found that raising fats from 55g or 60g to 70g did not offer any noticeable benefit.

that's good to know regarding the bpa. is it on the paper itself or just the ink? How much do you absorb from holding the receipt, wouldn't that be comparable to touching a bpa plastic water bottle for a couple seconds?

can you skip the potatoes, just eat the meat plain in a bowl, and just have fruit or something afterwards.

I'm not sure what to do as far as fruits cuz apparently any of the ones without a shell like grapes have a pesticide risk. I've seen concerns regarding banannas, not only is there a risk due to current growing methods but you have to wait until it's extremely ripe otherwise its starchy. I'm not sure what Ray's thoughts on kiwi are but it apparently has PQQ in it.

Btw do you need to get fiber or is the overall carbs the main thing. I may just end up doing more honey and maple syrup for carbs.

Couple things. First off, definitely lower protein. the reason your losing muscle when you drop it is cause like you said, not eating enough calories. anywhere above the 1g per pound body weight is negatively affecting your hormones, and even 1g per lb is high.
Secondly, peat is not after raising testosterone/gaining muscle, he’s after low stress in any way shape or form because he’s trying to help people with extremely stressed systems. that’s why he prefers fruit juice because it’s easy to digest but, if your after high testosterone and building muscle mass, starches are a must in my opinion. the majority of your calories from honey and maple syrup is not going to do you good. It’s easy to nit pick any food, just try and find organic fruit, watermelons, pineapple, orange juice, and eat white rice and well cooked potatoes. when ray talks about certain foods have negatives to them he is nitpicking it to the extreme, but mainly because he’s interested. I think even he will ultimately eat anything time to time that doesn’t have pufa and isn’t a grain.

And the bpa on reciepts is more exposed(i think) i can feel a plasticy touch when holding them, not sure though.

if your after high testosterone and building muscle mass, starches are a must in my opinion.

Kammas, this is the first I've heard of this but maybe this is why I can't get my T going as I have really minimized starch for a while. Is this based on personal experience or some study(ies)?

gaze

Kammas, this is the first I've heard of this but maybe this is why I can't get my T going as I have really minimized starch for a while. Is this based on personal experience or some study(ies)?

both.
Starch produces much more insulin then sugar, and Insulin is a very anabolic hormone which increases muscle protein synthesis, refills muscle glycogen much better, and I notice I feel much tighter and can go longer periods of time with white rice and potatoes having a large part of my diet.

With this being said, being insulin RESISTANT is absolutely horrible for you, but that is caused by excess fat in the diet, mainly pufas. but, even saturated and mono at more then 35% of daily calories can start to cause elevated insulin. by eating low ish fat diet (30-70g depending on weight), almost all saturated will make you much more insulin sensitive, plus increase Testosterone at the same time, so building muscle will become extremely easy, sex drive should also improve a lot due to the high carb diet which improves blood flow.

This is the ideal anabolic state, one which you can eat a very insulin inducing meal without any blood sugar crash/diabetes type symptoms. Instead it should go towards repairing muscle and improving sex hormones, while giving sustained energy.

This is one study I just quickly found regarding the anabolic effects of insulin. Many people fear insulin from starch because elevated insulin is bad, but that is caused by fat clogging insulin receptors, not starch.

Effect of insulin on human skeletal muscle protein synthesis is modulated by insulin-induced changes in muscle blood flow and amino acid availability

Last edited:

BigChad

both.
Starch produces much more insulin then sugar, and Insulin is a very anabolic hormone which increases muscle protein synthesis, refills muscle glycogen much better, and I notice I feel much tighter and can go longer periods of time with white rice and potatoes having a large part of my diet.

With this being said, being insulin RESISTANT is absolutely horrible for you, but that is caused by excess fat in the diet, mainly pufas. but, even saturated and mono at more then 35% of daily calories can start to cause elevated insulin. by eating low ish fat diet (30-70g depending on weight), almost all saturated will make you much more insulin sensitive, plus increase Testosterone at the same time, so building muscle will become extremely easy, sex drive should also improve a lot due to the high carb diet which improves blood flow.

This is the ideal anabolic state, one which you can eat a very insulin inducing meal without any blood sugar crash/diabetes type symptoms. Instead it should go towards repairing muscle and improving sex hormones, while giving sustained energy.

This is one study I just quickly found regarding the anabolic effects of insulin. Many people fear insulin from starch because elevated insulin is bad, but that is caused by fat clogging insulin receptors, not starch.

Effect of insulin on human skeletal muscle protein synthesis is modulated by insulin-induced changes in muscle blood flow and amino acid availability

Which starchs are good. Potato and white rice?

Do you think it matters whether you do 2100 calories 6 days of the week and 6000 calories on the 7th day (right after the most intense lifting day) or if its better to spread them out more evenly? Im not sure if having constant same amount of calories daily is ideal?

Why does starch produce more insulin is it due to being slower digesting. Also if two of your meals are whey protein based, do you need starch in that case since wheys insulogenic?

My fats were at 70g and was having 12oz meat a,day, phosphorus too high likely. Im lowering meat to 8oz a,day, having a bit of whey protein instead, fats down to 60g, and some more carbs.

It seems like 1.2g protein per pound bodyweight is ideal for muscle retention and growth. I want to maintain 10 to 12% bodyfat year round im not sure if its doable eating high calories and carbs everyday? Right now at 170g carbs.

Btw are figs and olives fine to eat. Any suggestions on where to get them, do stores sell figs and olives that are non gmo, shipped from Europe or elsewhere

Last edited:

BigChad

@Kammas what method do you use to cook the potatoes? do you cut them in half before baking or just bake the whole potato in a toaster oven?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

It seems like 1.2g protein per pound bodyweight is ideal for muscle retention and growth. I want to maintain 10 to 12% bodyfat year round im not sure if its doable eating high calories and carbs everyday? Right now at 170g carbs.
170g is way too low in carbs.
And about the protein intake, if we're talking lean body mass, 1. 2g may be optimal.
If you meant per total bodyweight, that's too high of a protein intake.
0.8g has been proven to the the maximum level above which no additional benefits exist

BigChad

170g is way too low in carbs.
And about the protein intake, if we're talking lean body mass, 1. 2g may be optimal.
If you meant per total bodyweight, that's too high of a protein intake.
0.8g has been proven to the the maximum level above which no additional benefits exist

I always started losing strength when I lowered to 0.8g per pound bodyweight, and gained it back when I upped the protein again. I don't know if there is such a specific number for everyone, maybe a range of 0.7 to 1.3g per pound bodyweight or something.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I always started losing strength when I lowered to 0.8g per pound bodyweight, and gained it back when I upped the protein again. I don't know if there is such a specific number for everyone, maybe a range of 0.7 to 1.3g per pound bodyweight or something.
Anecdotally, I've felt the same, maybe placebo. But I feel stronger in the gym when I'm having at least 150g of protein / day on a consistent basis.
If I drop the intake down to 120, let's say, I feel a bit weaker.

On another note, I re-added Zinc ( Flavo-Zinc Lozenges, 22 mg/day) to my supplement stack. It definitely boosts my morning erections, especially if I don't undersleep.
I'm probably gonna test my T levels by the end of the year, so I'll have at least 3 months of RP nutrition.

golder

Anecdotally, I've felt the same, maybe placebo. But I feel stronger in the gym when I'm having at least 150g of protein / day on a consistent basis.

On another note, I re-added Zinc ( Flavo-Zinc Lozenges, 22 mg/day) to my supplement stack. It definitely boosts my morning erections, especially if I don't undersleep.
I'm probably gonna test my T levels by the end of the year, so I'll have at least 3 months of RP nutrition.

Very interesting, can you send a link of the zinc lozenges! I’ve been looking for some good ones for ages. Appreciate all your input :)

milkboi

Gonadin on my gonads seems to really boost my androgens. Healthy libido + great confidence.

BigChad

what is your copper/iron intake like, how long have you been using the zinc for

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

what is your copper/iron intake like, how long have you been using the zinc for
What I've averaged in the last 7 days, as per my Cronometer.

Attachments

• peating.jpg
    peating.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 66

Cirion

I think his P is fine. I've personally tracked things like Ca:P ratio vs. metabolic rate and as long as the ratio is at least 0.75 it should be fine. My data also suggests 1-1.5 gram is about the sweet spot for calcium total intake, so I believe he is in the right spot.

BigChad

I think his P is fine. I've personally tracked things like Ca:P ratio vs. metabolic rate and as long as the ratio is at least 0.75 it should be fine. My data also suggests 1-1.5 gram is about the sweet spot for calcium total intake, so I believe he is in the right spot.

2100mg phosphorus a day is not too much? I thought it should be 1000mg max.
Also I thought calcium should be above phosphorus. you are saying it's fine if calcium intake is 75% of phosphorus intake?
Ray said something like Ca:P ratio having an impact on how lean you are

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals