Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition

redsun

@redsun I had the impression that sympathetic = high adrenaline and cortisol and parasympathetic = lowered stress hormones

Yes. Is that not the impression my post gave? Noradrenaline is elevated and often adrenaline as well. Keep in mind they are different. Noradrenaline is the neurotransmitter that controls the sympathetic nervous system while adrenaline more so controls the peripheral regions of the body and doesnt do much in the CNS compared to noradrenaline.

OccamzRazer

But I am definitely overtraining and undersleeping in respect to my current metabolic state.
Brother...

Why not just not train on any day where ate less than ~3000 cals and/or slept less than ~8+ hours the day before?

Forget set-in-stone training programs. This might be a good way to force new habits, as it seems like you feel compelled to keep training.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I've been getting more frequent morning wood lately and rock hard erections during sex. It must be the 6-KETO P4 I'm taking raising my T levels.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Lifting outdoors in the sun looks more and more appealing to me than the gym environment, indoor blue-light. Seems a smarter option.
I have a Calisthenics park where I can go to.
Also ordered a pair of dumbbells.
I’m now banned from the gyms with this COVID certificate madness

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

These past 2 months, I have been going easier on working out.
If I feel fatigued in a day, I skip my workout. I also don't train at full capacity, doing so would harm my current metabolic health. I now train at home, have a weight vest, a pair of dumbbells and cables.

My split is:
Chest & Back
Legs

Shoulders & Arms

I do like each workout twice in a span of 10 days.

Since I am more mindful of my fat intake, I've been leaning out, getting a bit shredded.
Also, discovered Angion Method, and it works tremendously for improving EQ(erection quality).

Nomane Euger

I had my highest Total and free T levels on the Carnivore Diet.
how did you feel at that time in term of masculinity and overall?were you doing different activities during this time?

TheCalciumCad

I had my highest Total and free T levels on the Carnivore Diet.
You probably had a MUCH lower Vitamin A (poison) intake and higher Zinc vs Peating unless you were consuming lots of organ meats (high Vit A). Personally in the last month since tanking Vitamin A and adding Zinc i'm going back to my pre-peat aesthetic, more muscular, better erections and physical strength all which declined Peating along with my hair. I also dropped vit D and i'm drinking less coffee (both are supposedly androgenic like vitamin A ?).

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@TheCalciumCad I ate liver rarely, but I did ate eggs and dairy almost daily, so not sure that's the reason.
My free T was double when I tested it back then, compared to my abysmally low levels when not on Carnivore.

OccamzRazer

You probably had a MUCH lower Vitamin A (poison) intake and higher Zinc vs Peating unless you were consuming lots of organ meats (high Vit A). Personally in the last month since tanking Vitamin A and adding Zinc i'm going back to my pre-peat aesthetic, more muscular, better erections and physical strength all which declined Peating along with my hair. I also dropped vit D and i'm drinking less coffee (both are supposedly androgenic like vitamin A ?).
Interesting...what are you eating now?

TheCalciumCad

@TheCalciumCad I ate liver rarely, but I did ate eggs and dairy almost daily, so not sure that's the reason.
My free T was double when I tested it back then, compared to my abysmally low levels when not on Carnivore.
Hmmm, you should put in how you used to eat into Cronometer when felt most androgenic vs typical Peating day and see what the vitamin A + Zinc intake is.

Interesting...what are you eating now?
I was eating the stereotype Ray Peat diet high dairy/high fruit/gelatin/eggs/weekly liver/lots of salt/coffee/carrot salad/low PUFA meats but have been transitioning off the last 5 weeks after 4years Peating. Currently I'm removing vitamin A from my diet very slowly, having less coffee and only supplementing minerals zinc, selenium and magnesium oil. I'm down from about 11k IU vitamin A to 2k daily which is prob lower than i've ever eaten and i've have had a tonne of thing improve already. I think its because I don't use any endocrine-disrupting chemicals on my skin that burden the liver nor drink alcohol or do drugs, take any medications etc so the main burden to the liver was vitamin A and likely vitamin D supps (and possibly sugar but we won't go there yet lol). Food wise i'm just having more varied fruits, more potatoes and grass fed beef as I don't want to go too fast and I haven't actually figured out what else to eat yet. I'm feeling MASSIVELY re-vitalised tho, which after the ***t happening in the world the last 2yr the timing is rather good.

Nebula

I think everyone on this forum probably does to some degree, its the liver which converts T4 into T3. I just made it 10x worse Peating by increasing Vit A intake massively.
There seems to be two different reactions to vitamin a intake. Some people thrive on high intake others clearly don’t. I wonder if some people have reduced ability to transport retinol for different reasons. Maybe due to low zinc utilization. I haven’t figured out why but retinol doesn’t seem universally beneficial or negative. People respond to it differently.

TheCalciumCad

There seems to be two different reactions to vitamin a intake. Some people thrive on high intake others clearly don’t. I wonder if some people have reduced ability to transport retinol for different reasons. Maybe due to low zinc utilization. I haven’t figured out why but retinol doesn’t seem universally beneficial or negative. People respond to it differently.
I've been looking into it for all of 5 weeks so, not sure exactly and I haven't even attempted going through the Genereux thread which is the biggest thread on this forum (for a reason) to see more opinions on it. My v early guess from watching alot of Garrett Smith livestreams is I think its somewhat a stimulant initially (I was fine for 6months Peating before my hair started falling apart) then it turns exceptionally negative so you need more and more stimulates to negative the poison (vitamin A) and eventually most give it and jump on thyroid/aspirin/vit D to suppress the on going damage. Garrett Smith also says that we naturally break down Vitamin A in the skin via sun exposure, so if you live in a great climate (say Mexico) and get tonnes of sun exposure you will be detoxing much faster than say myself in England or Canada where sun exposure will be abysmal.

Nebula

I've been looking into it for all of 5 weeks so, not sure exactly and I haven't even attempted going through the Genereux thread which is the biggest thread on this forum (for a reason) to see more opinions on it. My v early guess from watching alot of Garrett Smith livestreams is I think its somewhat a stimulant initially (I was fine for 6months Peating before my hair started falling apart) then it turns exceptionally negative so you need more and more stimulates to negative the poison (vitamin A) and eventually most give it and jump on thyroid/aspirin/vit D to suppress the on going damage. Garrett Smith also says that we naturally break down Vitamin A in the skin via sun exposure, so if you live in a great climate (say Mexico) and get tonnes of sun exposure you will be detoxing much faster than say myself in England or Canada where sun exposure will be abysmal.
I agree for some it takes time for retinol to reach toxic levels so they don’t notice anything negative for months or even years, but some seem to truly thrive on high retinol intake and it’s not just the sun breaking it down. It’s being fully metabolized and used to produce abundant youth hormones. Whatever mechanism that utilizes retinol seems fragile and once it is damaged it’s not easy to repair. So people feel much better with minimal vitamin a intake in those conditions.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I'm going to throw away all my clothes, underwear, gym apparel made predominantly from synthetic fibers
FR8_Sw_VcAEcDiN

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I agree for some it takes time for retinol to reach toxic levels so they don’t notice anything negative for months or even years, but some seem to truly thrive on high retinol intake and it’s not just the sun breaking it down. It’s being fully metabolized and used to produce abundant youth hormones. Whatever mechanism that utilizes retinol seems fragile and once it is damaged it’s not easy to repair. So people feel much better with minimal vitamin a intake in those conditions.
Do I understand this right, is the low Vitamin A/ Genereux theory the opposite of Morley Robbins teachings?

Nomane Euger

I'm going to throw away all my clothes, underwear, gym apparel made predominantly from synthetic fibers
FR8_Sw_VcAEcDiN
chocking how long it took to return to pretest lvl sperm concentration.even if it sound farfetch,i have observed that i when i wear claimed 100% cottons clothes,my muscles get more loaded and my voice get deeper and posture stronger;when i do wear clothes that are mixed with some "synthetic"materials including polyester,my posture collapse more,muscles less full,and voice less deep,even if these "synthetic"mixed clothes are not underwear, i do experience the lowering of these characteristics

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals