Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition

redsun

Any reason for the megadoses?

Don't get me wrong as I'm intending to try it too but everything I'm reading suggests it's not something many people following the advice here are likely to be deficient in? OJ, liver etc..

Well in OPs case he had a history of carnivore and the only way you can get the minimum 400mcg on carnivore is to eat a good size chunk of organs every day. Eggs also have some but yeh unless you eat a crap ton of organs all the time you will likely end up with a backlog of low folate intake. Its just like any nutrient it can used faster and depleted because of nutrient interactions. Especially when common B complexes are often very high in every other B vit except folic acid is always set close to DV. Its complicated and there are other reasons for it. But btw I never told him to take that much, I was saying 800mcg 3x a day but it is fine I suppose in the short term. In the long term he should keep it a little lower but still be supplementing. We'll see.

I have seen that aspirin which is obviously common here can have anti-folate activity. Could be depleting folate, not sure entirely because I haven't read into it much as I would never touch aspirin but I know a lot use it here. I cant recall if OP still uses it but he has used it quite a bit in the past.

@GreekDemiGod as good a news as any that you have gotten in awhile.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

, have you also taken the BCAA + B6 product with the Folic Acid and VitC?
I do not take BCAAs. Yet.
I have a bottle of high-dose B6 + Mag. Oxide, which I take on some random days. The B complex I take is also high dose, so I'm really megadosing B6 at the moment.

Kunstruct

I do not take BCAAs. Yet.
I have a bottle of high-dose B6 + Mag. Oxide, which I take on some random days. The B complex I take is also high dose, so I'm really megadosing B6 at the moment.
Which is the B Complex are you using?
I've used B50 from Now Foods before with negative results unfortunately.

David90

@GreekDemiGod

Hello. I'm New to this Forum.
I was also on the former Anabolicmen.com Forum (had nearly 800-1000 Posts on there) before it was closed.
And i think i can help you with your Problem.

I had done Two Blood Tests in the Past. The First one (On December 2016) had a Total T of 620ng/dl and the second one had a Total T of 808ng/dl.
I can upload the Results on Sunday if you not believe me :wink:

I must remind, that some of the Things i will say are maybe not in line with Peat's Philosophy (although i'm eating quite Peaty since over a year).
I will now list some Things in Terms of Nutrtion and Training that has helped me. Maybe it can help you.

Training:
  • Train 3-4x per Week for 45-60 Minutes Maximum. Concentrate more on Compound Movements, less on Isolation Exercises.
  • You can and should do 4-6 Exercises per Workout (Excluding 1 Exercise for Abs)
  • Total Sets per Workout should be between 12-18 Sets Maximum. That's more then Enough.
  • A light Warm up for 5-10 Minutes can't hurt (you should break a very light sweat or you should feel your Body be a little Warmer then beofre).
  • You Should rest 3-4 Minutes between Compound Exercise Sets. Adequate Rest is Crucial. Not only in Terms of Strengh but also keeping Cortisol on the Lower Side
  • You Should rest 1-2 Minutes between Isolation Exercise Sets. Because they are less Taxing on the Nervous System then Compound Movements.
  • If you Switch from one Exercise to Another, the Rest in between should also be 3 to 4 Minutes.
  • Train Your Muscle Groups at least Twice per Week. I will list some good Splits below.
  • Give RPT (Reverse Pyramid Training) a try.

Nutrition:
  • Like the Others said, i would not overdo it with the Mineral Supplements. Allthough it can't hurt to have a Good Magnesium Supplement.
  • Eliminate All Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies with Whole Food Sources.
  • More Fructose from Fruits. Because Fructose lowers SHBG (that bind's to Testosterone). Be Careful however that your not overdo it, because more than 40g of Fructose per Day can increase the Chance of getting NAFLD.
  • Your Fiber Should be between 25-35g per Day. Because too much Fiber raises SHBG.
  • Eat Plenty of Carbs in General (Safe Starches: Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, White Rice) and Fruits (Good Sources: Oranges, Tangerines, Kiwifruit, Bananas, Plumps).
  • Cholesterol is needed for Testosterone. 1000mg a day at least. Try to stay at or a bit below that Level (3-4 Eggs per Day and some small Beef Liver with Kerrygold Butter should be enough for that?)
  • Eat your Beef or Calf Liver (few Times per Week) if you can get it in your Country. It's like a good Multivitamin. I eat personally like 50-80g daily and feel great with it.
  • Also Kerrygold Butter is a Must (if you can get it).
  • Also Drink you Milk. Perferably Grass-Fed. I personally drink 600 to 800 ml per Day.
  • Gelatin Powder. 20-40g per Day. More of you can tolerate it.
  • Keeping your PUFA's low is also a No-Brainer.
  • Eat Your Coffee with your Meals instead on an Empty Stomach. I personally feel it improves the Digestion of the Meal.
  • Drop Intermittent Fasting. 3-4 Meals per Day is better. I personally have also done this in the Past and i was not feeling quite good with it, especially on the Longer Fasts (like 16-18 Hours or more). I Dropped it finally this Year and do 3 Meals per Day, which makes me feel much better.
  • Don't neglect Salt, Magnesium Potassium and Calcium in General.
  • Upping your Salt Intake. It helps keeping Cortisol and Adrenalin low. Especially after Workouts you will need it. I personally do also a bit of salt in my Coffee
  • Upping your Potassium Intake. Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Spinach, Coconut Water, Oranges, Kiwifruit and Dried Fruits are good sources of Potassium.
  • Upping D3 Intake. It should be at least 10000-15000 IU per Day.
  • K2 would be also Good. On Amazon are Good D3/K2 Drop Combos....
  • Try to Experiment with bringing Nitric Oxide a little Bit up. 200/250g of Red Beets per Day or 100ml of Pomegranate Juice (Not from Concentrate), or Garlic combined with a Vitamin C Source should do the Trick.....

Lifestyle:
  • Don't Stress out to much, especially over little things or things that you can't control. Keep yourself Calm.
  • Watch Out for Endocrine Disruptors (in Soaps, Toothpastes, Dish Soap's and so forth). Use and Search for Natural Alternatives if possible.
  • NoFap.
  • Drink your Water out of Glass Bottles instead of Plastic Bottles (because of BPA, Phatalates and so on)
  • A Ceramic Pan for Cooking would be useful.

Possible Spilts:

3x per Week:
  • Upper Body / Lower Body / Full Body
  • Full Body / Full Body / Full Body
  • Upper Body / Lower Body / Upper Body
  • Upper Body / Lower Body / Upper Body (Alternating)
4x per Week:

• Upper Body / Lower Body / Upper Body / Full Body
  • Upper Body / Lower Body / Upper Body / Lower Body
  • Upper Body / Lower Body / Yoke (Upper Back, Traps, Neck, Side Delts) / Full Body
  • Push / Pull / Legs / Full Body

Greetings From Germany :hand:

Last edited:

milkboi

@GreekDemiGod

I was also on the former Anabolicmen.com Forum (had nearly 800-1000 Posts on there) before it was closed.

I had done Two Blood Tests in the Past. The First one (On December 2016) had a Total T of 620ng/dl and the second one had a Total T of 808ng/dl.

I must remind, that some of the Things i will say are maybe not in line with Peat's Philosophy (although i'm eating quite Peaty since over a year).
I will now list some Things in Terms of Nutrtion and Training that has helped me. Maybe it can help you.

Training:
  • Train 3-4x per Week for 45-60 Minutes Maximum. Concentrate more on Compound Movements, less on Isolation Exercises.
  • You can and should do 4-6 Exercises per Workout (Excluding 1 Exercise for Abs)
  • Total Sets per Workout should be between 12-18 Sets Maximum. That's more then Enough.
  • A light Warm up for 5-10 Minutes can't hurt (you should break a very light sweat or you should feel your Body be a little Warmer then beofre).
  • You Should rest 3-4 Minutes between Compound Exercise Sets. Adequate Rest is Crucial. Not only in Terms of Strengh but also keeping Cortisol on the Lower Side
  • You Should rest 1-2 Minutes between Isolation Exercise Sets. Because they are less Taxing on the Nervous System then Compound Movements.
  • If you Switch from one Exercise to Another, the Rest in between should also be 3 to 4 Minutes.
  • Train Your Muscle Groups at least Twice per Week. I will list some good Splits below.

Nutrition:
  • Like the Others said, i would not overdo it with the Mineral Supplements. Allthough it can't hurt to have a Good Magnesium Supplement.
  • More Fructose from Fruits. Because Fructose lowers SHBG (that bind's to Testosterone). Be Careful however that your not overdo it, because more than 40g of Fructose per Day can increase the Chance of getting NAFLD.
  • Your Fiber Should be between 25-35g per Day. Because too much Fiber raises SHBG.
  • Eat Plenty of Carbs in General (Safe Starches: Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, White Rice) and Fruits (Good Sources: Oranges, Tangerines, Kiwifruit, Bananas, Plumps).
  • Cholesterol is needed for Testosterone. 1000mg a day at least. Try to stay at or a bit below that Level (3-4 Eggs per Day and some small Beef Liver with Kerrygold Butter should be enough for that?)
  • Eat your Beef or Calf Liver (few Times per Week) if you can get it in your Country. It's like a good Multivitamin. I eat personally like 50-80g daily and feel great with it.
  • Also Drink you Milk. Perferably Grass-Fed. I personally drink 600 to 800 ml per Day.
  • Eat Your Coffee with your Meals instead on an Empty Stomach. I personally feel it improves the Digestion of the Meal.
  • Drop Intermittent Fasting. 3-4 Meals per Day is better. I personally have also done this in the Past and i was not feeling quite good with it, especially on the Longer Fasts (like 16-18 Hours or more). I Dropped it finally this Year and do 3 Meals per Day, which makes me feel much better.
  • Upping your Salt Intake. It helps keeping Cortisol and Adrenalin low. Especially after Workouts you will need it. I personally do also a bit of salt in my Coffee
  • Upping your Potassium Intake. Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Spinach, Coconut Water, Oranges, Kiwifruit and Dried Fruits are good sources of Potassium.
  • Try to Experiment with bringing Nitric Oxide a little Bit up. 200/250g of Red Beets per Day or 100ml of Pomegranate Juice (Not from Concentrate), or Garlic combined with a Vitamin C Source should do the Trick.....

Lifestyle:
  • Don't Stress out to much, especially over little things or things that you can't control. Keep yourself Calm.
  • Watch Out for Endocrine Disruptors (in Soaps, Toothpastes, Dish Soap's and so forth). Use and Search for Natural Alternatives if possible.
  • NoFap.
  • Drink your Water out of Glass Bottles instead of Plastic Bottles (because of BPA, Phatalates and so on)

Possible Spilts:

3x per Week:
4x per Week:

• Upper Body / Lower Body / Yoke (Upper Back, Traps, Neck, Side Delts) / Full Body

Nice write up man! We German peaters need to do a meet up, there are quite a lot of us out there.

David90

Nice write up man! We German peaters need to do a meet up, there are quite a lot of us out there.
Thank You. I‘m Glad you liked it. I can also Post a „Full Day of Eating and Training“ for the OP if it helps to solve his Problem.

Yeah. A Meet Up would be a Good Idea

I‘m Thankful that we FINALLY get „Grass Fed Milk“ here in Germany. It was about Time....

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have seen that aspirin which is obviously common here can have anti-folate activity. Could be depleting folate, not sure entirely because I haven't read into it much as I would never touch aspirin but I know a lot use it here.
I haven't heard that aspirin have anti-folate properties so I tried to find a study on it. I found this study: Interrelationship of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Folic Acid, and Aspirin | Blood | American Society of Hematology
"It is suggested that the low serum FA concentration and rapid plasma clearance of 3HPGA in RA might reflect ASA-induced alterations of FA binding, resulting in a redistribution rather than deficiency of this vitamin."
It's probably still a speculation at this point though.

Why won't you touch aspirin?

Markus

@GreekDemiGod

Training:

Nutrition:

Lifestyle:
  • NoFap.

Possible Spilts:

3x per Week:
4x per Week:

That's some good general advice, but I don't think everyone needs that much vitamin D. I do fine on only 2000 IU a day keeping my levels in the high normal range.

baccheion

That's some good general advice, but I don't think everyone needs that much vitamin D. I do fine on only 2000 IU a day keeping my levels in the high normal range.
Why would such a low amount push levels that high?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Ok, something is changing. Slowly though. Frequency of morning erections is very rare, as before. Nights of clubbing don't help either.
However, when I do get aroused during the day, the erections are quite strong. Like they were 2-3 years ago.

Thinking if not taking Aspirin at all for the past 2 weeks might have had an influe ce.

David90

Why would such a low amount push levels that high?
I was about to say that. But he is Right with his Explanation. It‘s Probably do to Genetics or other metabolic processes.

i have read in the Past somewhere, that the Body needs 5000 IU Alone per Day for the Normal Functions....

David90

Ok, something is changing. Slowly though. Frequency of morning erections is very rare, as before. Nights of clubbing don't help either.
However, when I do get aroused during the day, the erections are quite strong. Like they were 2-3 years ago.

Thinking if not taking Aspirin at all for the past 2 weeks might have had an influe ce.

Maybe drop the Aspirin for 3-4 Months and see how ist goes....

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Horny af these days. I'll take it as a good sign.
Yesterday, right as I was drinking a Red Bull, I quickly felt a mild spike of arousal.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Last 2 nights, I took 500mg - 1.5g of Aspirin in the evenings. Strangely enough, had a moderate morning erection both days. Though the penis feels lifeless during the day

David90

Last 2 nights, I took 500mg - 1.5g of Aspirin in the evenings. Strangely enough, had a moderate morning erection both days. Though the penis feels lifeless during the day
Maybe begin with 1,5g of Aspirin and lower it every few days in small amounts. Maybe you find your ''Sweet Spot'' for it, then....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals