Testosterone Declines With Age, Your Opinion

Kibs

As you have probably seen numerous times here and there that testosterone declines with age after 30 years old.
I'm curious if this is a natural thing to happen or is there other factors involved, for instance let's face it most of the planet is very unhealthy, now could the test declining be due to abusing your body with ***t, no exercise and so on and by the time you reach 30 your body's in a shitty state.

Do you think someone who is healthy in all ways could keep there test levels high.

J

James IV

I turn 40 in a few days and my strength and boners are as good as they were in my 20s. A few years ago they were poor. So I definitly think there is more to hormone "decline" than time.

DaveFoster

We must ask, what is the alternative?

TRT has significant risks, so avoidance of metabolic toxins and strong thyroid function seem to be the most conservative medical approach.

"At the age of 50, about 4 mg. of DHEA per day will usually restore the level of DHEA in the blood to a youthful level. It is important to avoid taking more than needed, since some people (especially if they are deficient in progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid) can turn the excess into estrogen or testosterone, and large amounts of those sex hormones can disturb the function of the thymus gland and the liver."

"Supplements of pregnenolone and thyroid seem to be the safest way to optimize DHEA production."

Source: Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones

DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT

DHEA Is Preferentially Converted Into DHT In Humans

DHT Production Depends On Stress

Is DHT The Most Important Hormone For Males?

AretnaP

We must ask, what is the alternative?

TRT has significant risks, so avoidance of metabolic toxins and strong thyroid function seem to be the most conservative medical approach.

"At the age of 50, about 4 mg. of DHEA per day will usually restore the level of DHEA in the blood to a youthful level. It is important to avoid taking more than needed, since some people (especially if they are deficient in progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid) can turn the excess into estrogen or testosterone, and large amounts of those sex hormones can disturb the function of the thymus gland and the liver."

"Supplements of pregnenolone and thyroid seem to be the safest way to optimize DHEA production."

Source: Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones

DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT

DHEA Is Preferentially Converted Into DHT In Humans

DHT Production Depends On Stress

Is DHT The Most Important Hormone For Males?
idk bro I think if somebody truly has low testosterone they should just go on TRT and maybe do other peaty things in the mean time such as supplementing aspirin and breathing into a bag

paymanz

First make sure to have have a decent metabolism , thyroid function.

Control inflammation, serotonin,estrogen,prolactin.

Insulin sensitivity probably is important.

And vitamin A ,K,D all important for steroid synthesis.

Taurine, zinc...

Follow peat's advices , be patient and give it some time and you'll be fine I believe.

Testosterone Protocol

testosterone | Ray Peat Forum

Constatine

Apparently the leydig cells to not degenerate as we age under normal conditions. So low T associated with aging can be prevented.

REOSIRENS

Stress(wear and tear) =Aging ... Environment and nutrition are essential to keep you feeling and looking young...

Wrong Supplements and Drugs(pharmaceutical) can accelerate aging process the way chronic stress does

Supplements can't prevent premature aging if you do not take yourself out of the stressful environment

SonOfEurope

Testosterone begins to increase after puberty's signal for the gonads at around 12.5 or 13 years of age... At first it's an unstable increase in which DHEA is not fully diverting to T and aromatization is higher hence boys between 14 and 16 develop mild gyno and heavy acne, etc. It's normal.

As the testicles mature over the next few years this gradually stabilizes and Virilization accelerates - boy becomes man.

The stable adult level of Testosterone is reached around 19-21, androgenic features, however, continue to express themselves as a man matures further, maximum bone density and mass reached by 32-34 years of age, maximum physical strength around 36 - 40.

Maximum beard density, chest and leg hair, voice depth, bone mass, grip strength, skeletal thickness and all other androgenic trait expression by around 36- 38, a man's sexual pinnacle at which point androgenic features are at maximum expression - top of the hill.

In a truly healthy man, which is rare nowadays respective to our grandfathers and great-grandfathers, testosterone and it's masculine traits barely begin their decline around the age of 40, after it's "pinnacle" during the mid 30's.

Also in a metabolically healthy man, the decline should be so slow at first that he wouldn't even notice he's going downhill in libido, energy and strength, bone mass etc, until his 50th birthday roughly, I believe at this point a man can begin to aid himself with low dose T.... The decline in DHEA and Progesterone output by the testes is also noticeable by age 50.

But we are going downhill fast - Just as women, because of the Estrogen and Estrogen mimics' contamination of Earth, Radiation and improper energy inputs - are entering menopause earlier and earlier we Men are also beginning the aging process faster from premature damage to Leydig cells and mitochondria so much that many modern men who are barely 35 or 36 and should be at their prime need some assistance.... The situation is becoming dire.

I am turning 29 in one month, thankfully I found Peat when young and have done everything within my reach to limit the modern world's damage, I am stronger, bigger boned, more dominant, have a deeper voice, wider skull, more androgenic hair without any shedding in excess, more muscle, greater libido and overall more masculine and close to peak than when I was 24 or 25 and I'm sure I have a few more years before I " reach the peak and start the descent" - so I'm making the best out of these years of near peak to maximize my health and metabolism to not be a balding big belly wrinkled calamity in 20 years at barely 49 as unfortunately many men have aged extremely prematurely just out of their Peak. .

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals