Testimonial For Niacin - It Just Works

Thanks for the reply.
If niacin shouldn't be used for healing the gut (SIBO, bloating) mentioned, is there a food substitute that you are aware of that is comparable?

(Gelatin, carrot salad, isn't cutting it)

OP
redsun

redsun

How long does it take to get a flush reaction?
Couple minutes after intake? or couple hours?

Empty stomach would be very quick. But if taken with food it depends on how long it takes the food to digest and start leaving the stomach so niacin can start being absorbed.

Hgreen56

This morning i was taking 500mg niacin with a meal.
Couple hours later i realized that i have not noticed some kind of flush feelings.

This evening a got again 500mg with a meal and now 1 hour later... i am on fcking fire :woot: lol.
Jezus christ i can take a ice bath now without getting cold. :shower:
if i was unaware of this side effect than probably i was freaking out.

not sure why i wasn't feeling anything from the first dose...

My Tinnitus is also getting worse now..
So more blood flow increase tinnitus... never imagined that...

Last edited:

Hgreen56

Found this...

EDIT: I've looked back in the book, and Hoffer cites sustained-release niacine ( designed not to cause flushing) that causes liver toxicity. Niacinamide is harmless. My bad.

"Sustained-, extended-, and time-release niacin are often advertised as not causing a flush at all. This claim may not be completely true; sometimes the flush is just postponed. It may be difficult to determine your optimum level with an extended-, sustained-, or time-release product. All three are also more costly. But the biggest reason to avoid sustained-release niacin is that relatively more reports of side effects stem from use of that form. 7A 2007 review by Guyton and Bays of many niacin therapy studies reveals that regular (“ immediate release,” or IR) niacin is quite safe; extended- or time-release are safe, but unnecessarily pricey, and sustained release (SR) has the most side effects. They write: Shortly after Altschul and colleagues described cholesterol lowering by niacin in 1955, sustained-release (SR) formulations were developed in an attempt to reduce flushing. However, these were quickly found to be hepatotoxic in some patients. . . . Henkin et al. 19found 8 cases of hepatitis in 15 patients using SR niacin, compared with none in 67 patients using regular niacin. Three patients who had experienced hepatitis with SR niacin were subsequently able to tolerate equal or higher doses of regular niacin. 20McKenney et al. 3directly compared IR and SR niacin in a randomized clinical trial with dosage escalation from 500 to 3,000 mg/ day over a period of 30 weeks. None of the 23 patients taking IR niacin developed hepatotoxic effects, whereas 12 of 23 patients (52%) taking SR niacin did. The increase in liver toxicity with SR niacin mainly occurred with doses 1,500 mg/ day. 8[ Citations numbered as in original source.

It's all in the book.

Niacinamide Or Just Plain Niacin?

Hairfedup

So I've been suffering from a host of GI related issues, which you can tell from my post history. Today I tried some Niacin (500mg), as opposed to Niacinamide as I wasn't getting a flush with it and have instead been giving that to my sister to help with her mental issues. Both me and my sister took the 500mg with breakfast, but I got zero flush what so ever ---she became a beetroot lol. Does this mean I'm completely Niacin deficient?

OP
redsun

redsun

So I've been suffering from a host of GI related issues, which you can tell from my post history. Today I tried some Niacin (500mg), as opposed to Niacinamide as I wasn't getting a flush with it and have instead been giving that to my sister to help with her mental issues. Both me and my sister took the 500mg with breakfast, but I got zero flush what so ever ---she became a beetroot lol. Does this mean I'm completely Niacin deficient?

No flush means you have very low histamine/PGE-1, which explains GI issues as well. Low histamine types will have very poor digestion and are prone to gastrointestinal disorders.

Perry Staltic

No flush means you have very low histamine/PGE-1, which explains GI issues as well. Low histamine types will have very poor digestion and are prone to gastrointestinal disorders.

What does it mean when I'm flushing at 100 mg and then it goes away after a couple of weeks? I think I'll try 200 mg and see what happens.

Hairfedup

That's fascinating thank you - user mrchibbs and myself have come to the conclusion I have some serious gut bacteria. My symptoms developed suddenly and with high intensity - could the gut bacteria be responsible for the low histamine/PGE-1? Or perhaps tobacco smoking? Prior to my issues I had literal perfect digestion my entire life. Really informative so thanks again!

lvysaur

somewhat related, she claims that fixing D deficiency leads to B deficiency down the line

OP
redsun

redsun

That's fascinating thank you - user mrchibbs and myself have come to the conclusion I have some serious gut bacteria. My symptoms developed suddenly and with high intensity - could the gut bacteria be responsible for the low histamine/PGE-1? Or perhaps tobacco smoking? Prior to my issues I had literal perfect digestion my entire life. Really informative so thanks again!

Low histamine can cause low stomach acid, thus problems with the gut bacteria like SIBO etc. They also tend to have poor digestion of most foods.

Hairfedup

Low histamine can cause low stomach acid, thus problems with the gut bacteria like SIBO etc. They also tend to have poor digestion of most foods.

Hello redsun, so I decided to take Niacin [500mg] for around 10 days to see how I felt with my gastrointestinal problems while I wait for my antibiotics to arrive. Unfortunately its left me feeling really sick, a lot of burping, nausea and small flushes everytime I breathe deeply. Some kidney soreness too. I haven't had any now for a more than a week but these symptoms persist. Any idea as to how to flush the niacin out, if that's possible. Also want to thank you for the niacinamide+p5p+zinc combo you recommended for my sister in another thread.

OP
redsun

redsun

Hello redsun, so I decided to take Niacin [500mg] for around 10 days to see how I felt with my gastrointestinal problems while I wait for my antibiotics to arrive. Unfortunately its left me feeling really sick, a lot of burping, nausea and small flushes everytime I breathe deeply. Some kidney soreness too. I haven't had any now for a more than a week but these symptoms persist. Any idea as to how to flush the niacin out, if that's possible. Also want to thank you for the niacinamide+p5p+zinc combo you recommended for my sister in another thread.

If you dont flush from niacin it will just worsen your low histamine state (worsening digestion) even though it reduces methyl groups. You can try to take TMG in the doses you took niacin to see if it helps reverse effects.

Hairfedup

If you dont flush from niacin it will just worsen your low histamine state (worsening digestion) even though it reduces methyl groups. You can try to take TMG in the doses you took niacin to see if it helps reverse effects.

Thank you I'll definitely try that, much appreciated.

Ellycat11

I've kicked myself multiple times for not attempting this sooner. I was also skeptic but I quickly became a believer as soon as it started working. If I would have known about niacin therapy a year ago and used it when I was injured, I would have never gotten in the mess I ended up in seeing as how 90% of all health problems are either directly or indirectly caused by poor digestion AKA low stomach acid.
Hi Redsun

Are you still taking niacin today? If so do you feel like you are dependent on it daily to have normal stomach acid levels or do you only use it periodically?

GorillaHead

Any theories on why the naicin flush starts giving me deminished returns? Cause i absolutely love the flush but they get weaker and weaker when i dose

Kray

A.R

Just ordered some Niacin. Will start of low dose before meals to help digestion.

A.R

Any theories on why the naicin flush starts giving me deminished returns? Cause i absolutely love the flush but they get weaker and weaker when i dose
Redsun has mentioned the Niacin eventually depletes Histamine, which is why the flush weakens. I think L Histidine helps with increasing histamine.