Testicular Shrinkage

natedawggh

Yeah I take up to 200 mg a day, usually take about 90. It is also causing some stretch marks on my chest repair. Ones I've had since I was a swimmer in high school. They've turned pink and most have disappeared.

janus

lookingforanswers said:
janus said:
Supplementing zinc glycinate at night, or even reaching 90mg in a day, has been producing "nocturnal emissions" pretty reliably in my experience.

Wow! I've been taking 30 mg zinc glycinate, maybe I'll try that.
I mean, if ejaculating in your sleep is what you're into, then go for it! :mrgreen:

I couldn't say whether or not supplementing 90mg zinc is all that safe (I usually do 30-60mg), but I personally get a lot of copper in my diet from goat milk, red potatoes, mushrooms, squid, shrimp, bananas, dates, maybe yerba mate, etc. These don't provide much zinc. And in my experience, oysters aren't helpful.

OP
kineticz

kineticz

natedawggh said:
Yeah I take up to 200 mg a day, usually take about 90. It is also causing some stretch marks on my chest repair. Ones I've had since I was a swimmer in high school. They've turned pink and most have disappeared.

200mg? I struggle with more than 50mg. Really much preferable down in the 10mg range. I seem to prefer estrogen, I'm a big girl. :oops: :(

answersfound

Just took 30 mg with dinner. Hopefully it's a one-way ticket to boner city!

natedawggh

kineticz said:
natedawggh said:

200mg? I struggle with more than 50mg. Really much preferable down in the 10mg range. I seem to prefer estrogen, I'm a big girl. :oops: :(

Lookingforanswers was saying he too has a hard time with Zinc, but he was taking one with soy lecithin in it as an additive, and soy lecithin is HIGHLY allergenic. There isn't a whole lot of elemental Zinc in just 30mg of any type, it wouldn't be enough to do anything, but even a TINY bit of soy lecithin can make you feel REALLY CRAPPY (it's also in MANY food products, so READ LABLES).

I take Swanson brand Albion Chelated Zinc glycinate and there is only gelatin and magnesium stearate in it. Look at your ingredients and if there is soy, PUFAs, or silica in it don't take it and try a different brand.

tara

30mg of zinc doesn't strike me as a trivial amount. Maybe not enough for some people, but could well be the difference between deficiency and sufficiency for some people? It is important to get enough, but I gather you can also get too much of it?

answersfound

I don't think ray advises supplementing with zinc. Any reason why?

narouz

Yeah...the zinc levels some of you guys are doing...
they're really high.

There's the zinc/copper balance.
And copper is not something to mess around with imo.

I've only emailed Peat a handful of times.
Like, in one handful.
But one of those times I asked him about my sky high ferritin lab test.
He noted that the 30mg per day of zinc I was taking
could cause that ferritin result.
Sent me a PubMed article in support.

Iron causes high ferritin labs.
Zinc causes high ferritin labs...

Needs some caution.

janus

narouz said:

From what I can tell the Cu-Zn relationship is synergistic.

RP has written specifically about sulfur interfering with copper metabolism, so maybe taurine/thiamine/biotin require some further investigation.

tara

janus said:
narouz said:

From what I can tell the Cu-Zn relationship is synergistic.

RP has written specifically about sulfur interfering with copper metabolism, so maybe taurine/thiamine/biotin require some further investigation.
Hmm. Does than mean my regular fried egg and liver breakfast might be preventing me getting the copper I want out of the liver?

XPlus

Hey. May we have more of this spectacular discussion.

So how to go about supplementing zinc and copper for optimising reproductive function and mt_dreams haven't elaborated much on the health benefits of testicular shrinkage.

Brian

I think before you try to get serious about becoming replete in copper and zinc you need to make room for them. And probably the most general body-wide method of doing that is becoming replete in magnesium, K2, B6 and some method of increasing progesterone/thyroid in order to encourage the minerals in your body to behave more orderly. A few months of this protocol should help clear out the spaces for zinc and move copper/calcium etc.. out of where it should not be, but it might take longer. At this point you should notice a lot more beneficial hormonal effects from dietary or supplemental zinc.

marcar72

From what I've read testicular shrinkage can be commonly caused by Vitamin A deficiency. I guess a good amount of Vitamin A is stored in the testes just waiting to be used for sperm creation... :2cents

narouz

natedawggh said:
post 74707 Yeah I take up to 200 mg a day, usually take about 90. It is also causing some stretch marks on my chest repair. Ones I've had since I was a swimmer in high school. They've turned pink and most have disappeared.

nate--
How's your ferritin level?
I had very elevated levels
and Peat said it could be the 30mg of zinc I was taking back then.
He sent me a study showing zinc can cause ferritin to rise (not just iron).

Last edited by a moderator:

narouz

marcar72 said:
post 98322 From what I've read testicular shrinkage can be commonly caused by Vitamin A deficiency. I guess a good amount of Vitamin A is stored in the testes just waiting to be used for sperm creation... :2cents

It makes me sad to think of it
down there,
waiting, waiting....

I guess waiting inside a testicle seems kinda claustrophobic.

narouz

Brian said:
post 98249 I think before you try to get serious about becoming replete in copper and zinc you need to make room for them. And probably the most general body-wide method of doing that is becoming replete in magnesium, K2, B6 and some method of increasing progesterone/thyroid in order to encourage the minerals in your body to behave more orderly. A few months of this protocol should help clear out the spaces for zinc and move copper/calcium etc.. out of where it should not be, but it might take longer. At this point you should notice a lot more beneficial hormonal effects from dietary or supplemental zinc.

This is interesting, Brian.
Where are you coming from with this view?
It kinda has the ring of some schools of health thought
which place central importance upon mineral balance in the body.

Brian

From Dr.
narouz said:
post 98410
Brian said:
post 98249 I think before you try to get serious about becoming replete in copper and zinc you need to make room for them. And probably the most general body-wide method of doing that is becoming replete in magnesium, K2, B6 and some method of increasing progesterone/thyroid in order to encourage the minerals in your body to behave more orderly. A few months of this protocol should help clear out the spaces for zinc and move copper/calcium etc.. out of where it should not be, but it might take longer. At this point you should notice a lot more beneficial hormonal effects from dietary or supplemental zinc.

From Dr. Garrett Smith, he has a holistic health practice that draws a lot on Peat's work and hair mineral analysis as a tool to assess the body's mineral situation.

He was on Matt Stone's podcast a few times discussing his practical experience of what he has observed to improve mineral ratios. In this episode he says he typically sees a large copper "dump" on clients' hair mineral tests after a few months of supplemental magnesium, K2, and B6. This suggests that the body is somehow much better at removing copper from inappropriate places with this regimen. Clients often then respond much more potently to zinc.

He gives a little anecdote on how this worked with one of his clients at about 31:10 on that episode.

Ledo

narouz said:
post 98410
Brian said:
post 98249 ... And probably the most general body-wide method of doing that is becoming replete in magnesium, K2, B6 and some method...

Not to mention hating it when I see an individual B vitamin pop up for some needed thing to happen!

And after the gboldeuv carpet bombing I'm left flat footed wondering if all my copper is stuck in my liver and my brain has a deficiency so my body is trying to raise my cortisal to clear a block...on and on...stuff is maddening.

No frustration directed at you Brian.

narouz

Brian said:
From Dr. Garrett Smith, he has a holistic health practice that draws a lot on Peat's work and hair mineral analysis as a tool to assess the body's mineral situation.

He was on Matt Stone's podcast a few times discussing his practical experience of what he has observed to improve mineral ratios. In this episode he says he typically sees a large copper "dump" on clients' hair mineral tests after a few months of supplemental magnesium, K2, and B6. This suggests that the body is somehow much better at removing copper from inappropriate places with this regimen. Clients often then respond much more potently to zinc.

He gives a little anecdote on how this worked with one of his clients at about 31:10 on that episode.

Thanks, Brian.
I'll have to check that out.
Have you ever done a hair analysis?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals