Tesla Cybertruck

What do you think about the Cybertruck?

• Total voters

sebastian_r

I think this will succeed in the US and countries with lots of Space like Oz. I will likely finally buy some Tesla shares now

Could be a breakout moment for Tesla.

They showing profitable quarters and even more important, people are raving fans of their products.

They have to spend zero $ on marketing, the product is doing the selling itself.

All the remaining technical & production problems can be fixed with Tesla getting more experienced and scaling their production capacities over time.

Will be interesting to see how they hold up against the new competition entering the electric vehicle game.

Though Tela's fan base is growing like no other's car brand in a long time.

yerrag

It's tempting to buy Tesla shares. Perhaps a few would be okay. The risk-reward is high. Last quarter earnings may be a pleasant surprise, but it has been preceded by losses in earlier quarters. And Tesla does a lot of window dressing with its financials. There's been a lot of churn the past years with its top officers, and it would make me wonder why they've jumped ship. Elon is charismatic, and he's a showman.. Not like Trump for sure as he can't be likened to a game show host, given his low key programmer/analyst roots.

The technology is great, but it does not guarantee that the financials will be as great. Production has hit highs and it still seemed not enough to reach at a safe distance above breakeven.

I don't know why that is. It seems to me the critical factor is battery cost. That is the real x-factor. It is a waiting game. Tesla can't keep going on in current material cost structures. The sooner a reliable and lower cost battery technology reaches production, the sooner Tesla benefits. And Tesla is the primary beneficiary when that moment comes.

Right now, Tesla is just being lifted by the Atlas shoulders of its CEO. He knows how to mesmerize and hypnotize. His fans are legion.

If successful, Elon would be the Bill Gates of the modern automotive industry. As Bill Gates did not make MS-DOS. And Musk did not found Tesla. Both these companies need crafty men to be successful.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
It's a total rip off of the Halo Warthog. Almost like he's the monorail guy from The Simpsons.

Haha I've never played halo but I've heard a lot of people say this. In my head I'm imagining it's a vehicle from Mass Effect. I'm already dreaming of exploring distant worlds

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I would like to see some crash tests. Aren‘t modern cars designed to be soft and have special crush zones to minimize the force that will act on your body in an accident?

Also, just throwing this one in randomly ;) :

I'm curious about this too. One of the original reasons that cars have a lot more crumply softer metals was not due to safety but because of goverment regulations that required car companies to have a minimum number of miles per gallon across their whole fleet.

These were introduced in 1975 called CAFE standards (corporate average fuel economy) Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standards

Across a car makers fleet their cars on average must achieve a certain minimum mpg. One of the best ways to increase mpg is decrease weight so car makers started making cars with lighter and lighter materials. This actually resulted in a big increase in the number of deaths from car crashes. Obviously tesla does not have this problem because all of their cars are electric.

I think this car will be unbelievablely safe for its occupants, maybe not so much for pedestrians.

Last edited:
OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
It looks way better than every other tesla car.

I agree I think it looks AWESOME! The Internet seems pretty divided on it but a lot of people are starting to warm up to it. I think it's a lot to do with the initial impression because it is so different than anything else.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
every tradie (tradesman in Australia) will want one of these, not to mention bush bashers for fishing and pig hunting, then you've got farmers who'll use it for the farm. my wife says we should get one because its also family friendly (thanks for the emf info too btw) and I'll easily be able to fit the surfboards in the back without needing roof racks.

That's very interesting one of the bug questions at the moment is who will buy this? Will traditional truck buyers? Something that would be great for adventuring out in the Bush would be the fact that Musk has said there is going to be an option for the door for the bed to have solar panels that depending on the configuration could increase the range 15-40 miles per day!

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Three and a half hour podcast with Elon Musk from January good listen. He admits that he wasn't sure if anyone would want the Cybertruck.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Unfortunately he talks in favour of a carbon tax and the climate change fraud! Boooooo.

LeeLemonoil

Yep. I’m clueless if this vehicle will forward automotive technology or how individuals will drive in the near future but it seems another good economical move by Tesla/Musk.
What deserves consideration though is how easily that is achieved. It’s conceived for effect. Is that not a bad thing about the economy? I think this will succeed in the US and countries with lots of Space like Oz. I will likely finally buy some Tesla shares now

Was a good decision. I bought shares mid-december.

LeeLemonoil

Unfortunately he talks in favour of a carbon tax and the climate change fraud! Boooooo.

It doesn't hurt him personally and the green-eco-totalitaristic mindset will only make Trsla all the more attractive for burgoise hyprocrites with lots of money.

boris

Was a good decision. I bought shares mid-december.
I think now is a good time to sell. Stock will probably plummet when cybertruck orders can‘t be fullfilled or the release gets delayed for another some years. And then shoot up again around the time when the tesla factory in china is ready.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I know someone who bought at 3 dollars and sold at 29. Still made a hell of a profit but if only he'd held for longer

This was my dream car until Elon said recently in a recent interview that Teslas will shift to 5g in the future....

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
This was my dream car until Elon said recently in a recent interview that Teslas will shift to 5g in the future....

I think there are measures you can take to greatly eliminate or greatly reduce the damage done by 5G. I for example have blushield in my house and I also have a portable.

Now I will admit that I am not entirely convinced that the technology works but if it does then it should more or less eliminate the problems that come from 5g.

Official US Site Home - Blushield Tesla EMF Protection

I think there are measures you can take to greatly eliminate or greatly reduce the damage done by 5G. I for example have blushield in my house and I also have a portable.

Now I will admit that I am not entirely convinced that the technology works but if it does then it should more or less eliminate the problems that come from 5g.

Official US Site Home - Blushield Tesla EMF Protection
Yeah thank you I also have a product from that company but mostly just for some peace of mind since who knows if it’s working or not. Since I’m young I was planning on living in the cybertruck for a year or two as a full time Uber-robotaxi driver but not sure I want to subject myself to that anymore

JamesGatz

I think Teslas and electric cars can be quiet dangerous and will only get more harmful with passing time - I experience potent anti-androgen effects riding inside a Tesla or even if I stand about a foot away from a Tesla that is turned on the EMF definitely has some noticeably negative effects on me.

I think it's worth noting that for Teslas specifically - they tend to make all or most of the outer shell aluminum - I think for electric vehicles in general aluminum will have to be used for other companies too because the battery can only take the car so far if it's too heavy so having the car be lightweight is quiet important. The issue arises that aluminum does next-to-nothing to block EMF short-frequencies - similar to how Mac computers tend to be some of the worst offenders in EMF - the EMF goes right through the aluminum shell and onto you. I think it's safe to say all electric cars will utilize 5G in the near future which only makes the issue worse.

tesla-cybertruck-improvements.jpg

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I think Teslas and electric cars can be quiet dangerous and will only get more harmful with passing time - I experience potent anti-androgen effects riding inside a Tesla or even if I stand about a foot away from a Tesla that is turned on the EMF definitely has some noticeably negative effects on me.

I think it's worth noting that for Teslas specifically - they tend to make all or most of the outer shell aluminum - I think for electric vehicles in general aluminum will have to be used for other companies too because the battery can only take the car so far if it's too heavy so having the car be lightweight is quiet important. The issue arises that aluminum does next-to-nothing to block EMF short-frequencies - similar to how Mac computers tend to be some of the worst offenders in EMF - the EMF goes right through the aluminum shell and onto you. I think it's safe to say all electric cars will utilize 5G in the near future which only makes the issue worse.

View attachment 35488
The tesla cybertruck is made of steel.

In terms of EMF I've seen a number of videos on YouTube of people testing the EMF levels of teslas and it is basically no different than any modern car. Wherever there is a panel, computer etc the emf goes up. The worst seems to be the "auto-pilot" computer.

This video has a pretty good analysis of Tesla EMF levels.

View: https://youtu.be/PNuTIeMlB4I

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals