Tendon Elbow Problems. Ulnar Nerve Pain

GorillaHead

first off I want to say how amazing this community is. I’ve fixed so many problems in my life thanks to your super intellectual and caring people on this post.

So here I am seeking some more advice.

For a while now 2-3 years whenever I start doing workouts that puts strain on my right elbow I start feeling nerve pain shooting in my pinky nerve. So ulnar by never problems.

Normally I don’t have any problems. It only starts to happen when lots of weight is being applied. My left arm doesn’t have the problem.

Tricep workouts and shoulder press is where I feel the issue become apparent the most.

I talked to a PT he believes it’s the tendon inflaming pressing on the nerve. I also got a EMG. Nerve test and it showed no problems.

So how do I fix this guys. Help me. I just want to workout and gain a little mass lol

faisman

first off I want to say how amazing this community is. I’ve fixed so many problems in my life thanks to your super intellectual and caring people on this post.

For a while now 2-3 years whenever I start doing workouts that puts strain on my right elbow I start feeling nerve pain shooting in my pinky nerve. So ulnar by never problems.

Normally I don’t have any problems. It only starts to happen when lots of weight is being applied. My left arm doesn’t have the problem.

Tricep workouts and shoulder press is where I feel the issue become apparent the most.

I talked to a PT he believes it’s the tendon inflaming pressing on the nerve. I also got a EMG. Nerve test and it showed no problems.

So how do I fix this guys. Help me. I just want to workout and gain a little mass lol
Hi man, I suffered from this issue for years but I'm basically over it now. I had it in both arms and exactly as you described.

First off I would say figure out where the strain is happening because for me it stemmed from my back. You can then work on finding stretches and loosening up the pressure points.

I would avoid any exercise where there is a strain on the elbow while also pushing heavy weight at the same time. Overhead tricep extensions are a good example of an exercise to avoid.

As for the rest of the exercises, make sure your shoulder blades are set in place and not flared. Tighten your core and breathe down into it. Doing this will prevent you expanding your chest when breathing, which impacts your shoulder position and shifts your core out of position. You shouldn't feel any pain or snapping when doing an exercise, if you do then your form is probably compromised.

In terms of your diet, make sure you're getting enough b-vitamins as they contribute to nerve health and healing.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Hi man, I suffered from this issue for years but I'm basically over it now. I had it in both arms and exactly as you described.

First off I would say figure out where the strain is happening because for me it stemmed from my back. You can then work on finding stretches and loosening up the pressure points.

I would avoid any exercise where there is a strain on the elbow while also pushing heavy weight at the same time. Overhead tricep extensions are a good example of an exercise to avoid.

As for the rest of the exercises, make sure your shoulder blades are set in place and not flared. Tighten your core and breathe down into it. Doing this will prevent you expanding your chest when breathing, which impacts your shoulder position and shifts your core out of position. You shouldn't feel any pain or snapping when doing an exercise, if you do then your form is probably compromised.

In terms of your diet, make sure you're getting enough b-vitamins as they contribute to nerve health and healing.

Thank you I will try to focus on my back and form and see if it helps.

But the fact u had it in both arms makes me thing your issue was stemming from the back. Where the nerve split apart into two to the arms. Since mine unilateral it makes me thing my issue is more local. But regardless I’ll take ur input and see if it helps. I appreciate the response

Hans

Forum Supporter

Do you have pain/impingement in your shoulder, elbow, hand or back?

Regina

For me, Kuinone completely eliminated chronic pains from aikido. And then, when piriformis syndrome flared up, Gonadin reliably relieved it.
That's a nice combo: kuinone n gonadin.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Do you have pain/impingement in your shoulder, elbow, hand or back?
No. Just local semi sore/pain in the elbow where the tendon is. Tricep workouts or anything that’s pressure on that elbow causes me to have nerve pain in my pinky and tingling. Goes away after workout

Hans

Forum Supporter
No. Just local semi sore/pain in the elbow where the tendon is. Tricep workouts or anything that’s pressure on that elbow causes me to have nerve pain in my pinky and tingling. Goes away after workout
Does it pain with both light and heavy weights?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just heavy mainly
Well if it was a nerve you would feel it on almost all exercises. It's weird that you don't feel it on bench too.

Have you tried DB presses instead of bar presses or doesn't that make a difference.

Do that pain occur when doing any type of tricep exercises or only some?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Happens with any type of tricep exercise but only under high weight. So pushing myself isn’t ideal

GAF

In addition, don't injure the injury until 1000% healed plus a year.

crissala

Also not sure what the red laser is for. I do have a red light and have been using it on my knee with some relief......

GAF

I have used the osmo patches with good results. The red light laser mentioned above is the best for injuries. Just use it regularly and then you forget you were ever hurting.

But, stop reinjuring the knee. Let it heal in peace.