Temps Rose - Now Body Aches And Blah Feeling For A Few Weeks

not sure what it is.

I’ve been taking 2g or 3g of aspirin which helps.

And a bit of antibiotics help.

My temps have risen...could this be a digestive die-off reaction?

Feels like endotoxins to me.

OP
ecstatichamster
Might try quitting cottage cheese for a week

Didn’t realize it has enzymes in it

S-VV

Have you measured your C Reactive Protein? Or Rheumatoid Factor? How is your erythrocyte sedimentation rate? And your white blood cell count?

High body temp and joint pain usually mean inflammation.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you tried using activated charcoal to help clear the gut of endotoxins and bacteria?

OP
ecstatichamster
i have used activated charcoal. It slows motility a lot. So I used cascara yesterday along with AC.

No real improvement but I'm hoping it's the cottage cheese and that I need to eliminate it for longer, maybe 4 days or so...

I'm taking an antibiotic every day, not a "full" dose...

OP
ecstatichamster
Have you measured your C Reactive Protein? Or Rheumatoid Factor? How is your erythrocyte sedimentation rate? And your white blood cell count?

High body temp and joint pain usually mean inflammation.

It’s acute not chronic. Haven’t done any tests.

yerrag

I only associate body aches with flu when temps rise, but it has to rise high enough to be flu.

High temps and blah feeling, probably it's your body healing by raising temps. And the blah feeling is just the body needing to concentrate its energy on healing and blah makes you eat less or fast. Digestion uses energy.

Are you getting enough sleep? Plenty of sleep helps you recover.

If the temperature increase is mild, probably it's a low grade infection. So the antibiotics will help.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm pretty sure I don't have flu. I am getting sleep.

I think it's a cleansing or die-off reaction from raising body temperatures. I am no longer hypo thyroid, waking up now around 97.9F. This is a huge contrast. Could it be possible that gut bacteria are dying off?

yerrag

I think it's a cleansing or die-off reaction from raising body temperatures. I am no longer hypo thyroid, waking up now around 97.9F. This is a huge contrast. Could it be possible that gut bacteria are dying off?
I doubt bacteria would die off from slight increase in temperature.

Could the rise in temperature be due to the action of the innate system in fighting off a low grade infection? And the body aches are actually inflammation associated with the phagocytic action of white blood cells on pathogens?

OP
ecstatichamster
I doubt bacteria would die off from slight increase in temperature.

Could the rise in temperature be due to the action of the innate system in fighting off a low grade infection? And the body aches are actually inflammation associated with the phagocytic action of white blood cells on pathogens?

Why would you doubt that?

I imagine a very delicate balance in the gut and 1 degree or 1.5 degrees F. could make a major difference in the balance.

I hope it's not a low grade infection. It's possible.

For the first time in ages, I'm not hypo thyroid. I'm at 97.9 or so upon waking, up to 99F. at peak during the day.

I think the aches coincide with this more than any other change I can figure out.

yerrag

Why would you doubt that?

I imagine a very delicate balance in the gut and 1 degree or 1.5 degrees F. could make a major difference in the balance.

I hope it's not a low grade infection. It's possible.

For the first time in ages, I'm not hypo thyroid. I'm at 97.9 or so upon waking, up to 99F. at peak during the day.

I think the aches coincide with this more than any other change I can figure out.

I hope you're right. It's a good feeling to get a breakthrough with health, and being able to raise your temperature is a big thing.

So you think the die-off in the gut is causing the aches in your body?

OP
ecstatichamster
I hope you're right. It's a good feeling to get a breakthrough with health, and being able to raise your temperature is a big thing.

So you think the die-off in the gut is causing the aches in your body?

It feels like endotoxins. It's what I get when I have endotoxemia reaction (which includes a mild flu). This is the first time EVER that I got my temps "normal". It's using 2 grains of Tyromax daily and a little T3 during the day, but not that much. It's amazing. Waking up at near 98. But, this body ache is kinda a drag.

I just took some aspirin, which helps dramatically. I have been using AC too.

It is possible it's a bug but I highly doubt it.

To me it seems totally plausible that gut bugs fight it out and rearrange with a higher temperature. After all, the body uses temperature (fever) as a weapon for a reason. This is a pretty dramatic increase in basal temperature.

I was in the 96s when I started this. That's why this is my best guess. I would email Dr. Peat but he doesn't answer my emails much these days.

lampofred

When my temps rose initially I got body aches all over. It was due to me becoming more sensitive to constipation/endotoxin. Good bowel movements, doing things to lower constipation helped.

With low temps I wasn't sensitive/in tune enough with the body to notice that something was wrong, so I think the high temps aren't the cause of the problem, they are probably merely unmasking a problem that was already there,

OP
ecstatichamster
When my temps rose initially I got body aches all over. It was due to me becoming more sensitive to constipation/endotoxin. Good bowel movements, doing things to lower constipation helped.

With low temps I wasn't sensitive/in tune enough with the body to notice that something was wrong, so I think the high temps aren't the cause of the problem, they are probably merely unmasking a problem that was already there,

thank you!! Most helpful. I will take cascara.

tara

Speculating:
Any possible focal infections that could have been lurking till your temps got up, and broken out now your temps and metabolism are up? Toes, teeth, anywhere else ... ?

If it were gut bacteria die off, I'd expect the AC and cascara sagrada to see to it fairly soon if transit is good enough. I've had a day or two of feeling crappy a few times that I attributed to gut-bacterial die-off when I've dosed up on raw garlic over the years, but after two days max that's usually passed.

I wonder if the system could be catching up on some deferred healing now it senses resources available? In which case getting a bit of extra rest would likely help, and maintaining nutrition. If this is what's happening, my hunch would be that ensuring good mineral/electrolyte supply may help keep it good. If you happen to have gear at hand to check UpH, you could possibly use that for more info.

Otherwise, it could be some infection you happen to have been exposed to recently - if not flu itself, something else?
Or allergic reaction? New or increase in particular food/skin exposure/environmental chemical?

sevenzy

Ecstatichampster, what is cascara? Also do you attribute the rise in temperature to useage of antibiotics and t3? Diet and meal frequency wasnt able to rise temperature on its own? I wake up as low as 95.8 sometimes. Haven't been able to get much above 97.6 during day. I'm in 2nd week of dietary guidelines.

OP
ecstatichamster
Speculating:
Any possible focal infections that could have been lurking till your temps got up, and broken out now your temps and metabolism are up? Toes, teeth, anywhere else ... ?

If it were gut bacteria die off, I'd expect the AC and cascara sagrada to see to it fairly soon if transit is good enough. I've had a day or two of feeling crappy a few times that I attributed to gut-bacterial die-off when I've dosed up on raw garlic over the years, but after two days max that's usually passed.

I wonder if the system could be catching up on some deferred healing now it senses resources available? In which case getting a bit of extra rest would likely help, and maintaining nutrition. If this is what's happening, my hunch would be that ensuring good mineral/electrolyte supply may help keep it good. If you happen to have gear at hand to check UpH, you could possibly use that for more info.

Otherwise, it could be some infection you happen to have been exposed to recently - if not flu itself, something else?
Or allergic reaction? New or increase in particular food/skin exposure/environmental chemical?

I can’t think of anything it could be. I have struggled to figure this out. I’m avoiding all milk and anything other than aged hard cheese just to see if it’s that. I can eliminate the cheese too but in the past this never gave me any sort of problem.

I don’t have anything focal wise that comes to mind.

OP
ecstatichamster
Ecstatichampster, what is cascara? Also do you attribute the rise in temperature to useage of antibiotics and t3? Diet and meal frequency wasnt able to rise temperature on its own? I wake up as low as 95.8 sometimes. Haven't been able to get much above 97.6 during day. I'm in 2nd week of dietary guidelines.

Cascara sagrada, which is a mild laxative that Dr. Peat has said is anti-inflammatory due to emodin in it.

My higher temperatures are from taking a decent NDT — Tyromax — and a little T3 (not that much anymore, maybe 10mcg) and my liver being better because in the past even higher doses of thyroid didn’t have much effect on my temperatures.

It is summer here and a good time for this. I’m taking 2 grains of Tyromax thyroid equivalent. I wake up at 97.9 which never happened since I’ve been paying attention.

sevenzy

Cascara sagrada, which is a mild laxative that Dr. Peat has said is anti-inflammatory due to emodin in it.

My higher temperatures are from taking a decent NDT — Tyromax — and a little T3 (not that much anymore, maybe 10mcg) and my liver being better because in the past even higher doses of thyroid didn’t have much effect on my temperatures.

It is summer here and a good time for this. I’m taking 2 grains of Tyromax thyroid equivalent. I wake up at 97.9 which never happened since I’ve been paying attention.

Ok thanks