Temperature Variation

goodandevil

My temps are coming up and ostensibly normalizing, but my girlfriend, who is hashimoto's hypothyroid, is having a lot of ups and downs. I gave her daily vitamins, magnesium, vit a, e, etc. Although her temps are around 96 in tbe morning, now in the evening shes exceeding 99, and feeling a little uncomfortable. She on 75 mcg armour. What could explain these prodigious variations? Thx.

tara

goodandevil said:
post 100409 She on 75 mcg armour
I don't know what is going on, but I wonder:
Is she dividing her armour doses into at least 3 across the day?
Is she eating regularly through the day?
Do her temps go up or down after breakfast, lunch etc?
Does she eat enough carbs to sleep well through the night?
Resting pulse?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

That's a good point on dividing the armour; she takes the whole dose at once in the morning, and the 99 temp was from the evening. It did rise after she ate; thats definitely a factor. I think her heart rate was in the 70s. She's going to eat more often and see what happens, and she slightly reduced her dose.

It seems that a lot of people achieve more stable temps .. is it possible she has a cortisol deficiency if her temps go so low and then rise so high?

You make a point about the nightime carbs, ill encourage her to drink oj =)

answersfound

take pregnenolone to bring down adrenaline and cortisol.

tara

Read up on positive and negative expeiences peole have had wih pregnenolone before deciding whether to try it. And if you do, start with a small dose.

answersfound

tara said:
Read up on positive and negative expeiences peole have had wih pregnenolone before deciding whether to try it. And if you do, start with a small dose.

Pregnenolone is magic. Without it, I would have never been able to tolerate thyroid. Pregnenolone got me over that hump.

Pregnenolone

Here are some of the beneficial effects of pregnenolone support:

Repair of enzymes: Pregnenolone has the ability to repair enzyme activity. For example, a Russian research study found that adding pregnenolone to a mitochondrial suspension increased enzyme activity. Which enzyme? An enzyme in the P450 system, which converts cholesterol into pregnenolone. Other enzymes in the P450 system vital to certain detoxification processes are also stabilized by pregnenolone. “Pregnenolone doesn’t affect the rate of synthesis of these enzymes, but it stabilizes them against the normal proteolytic enzymes, increasing their activity. I believe this stabilizing action is a general feature of these steroids.” (Peat).

Impaired memory repair: A short article in the Tuesday, March 3, 1992 Sacramento Bee, announced that pregnenolone may help restore impaired memory, according to neurobiologist Eugene Roberts of the City of Hope Medical Center in Los Angeles, and his colleagues, biologists James F. Flood and John E. Morley, of the St. Louis VA Medical Center. These researchers tested pregnenolone and other steroids on mice. They found that pregnenolone is several hundred times more potent than any memory enhancer that has been tested before. Their report, in the March 1992 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, says that pregnenolone restores normal levels of memory hormones which decline during aging. Roberts noted that pregnenolone was used in the late 1940’s to treat rheumatoid arthritis but fell into disuse when cortisone was discovered. But, says Roberts, pregnenolone was never found to have any adverse side effects whereas the toxic effects of cortisone are many and severe.

Protection from cortisone or cortisol toxicity: The classic effects of toxic levels of cortisol include daytime euphoria, insomnia plus hot flashes at night, osteoporosis, brain aging, atrophy of the skin plus other signs of premature aging and adrenal atrophy (shrinking). Two injections of cortisone can destroy the beta cells of the pancreas in dogs, causing diabetes. Peat believes that stress-induced elevation in cortisol/cortisone can cause diabetes in people as well.

Peat reports that pregnenolone can be used to withdraw from cortisol/cortisone therapy over a one-month period without developing “Addison” disease symptoms (from adrenal atrophy), because of its normalizing effects on the adrenal gland. In female patients, progesterone therapy may also be indicated.

Hot Flash Relief: In addition, pregnenolone lowers cortisol, so this should be used by women who have hot flashes, which are produced by excess cortisol.

Relief of anxiety and panic attacks: A deficiency of pregnenolone turns on an anxiety-producing substance (endozepine), which triggers an anxiety and panic attacks. Taking pregnenolone prevents the secretion of endozepine and is a safe substitute for toxic drugs such as Xanax and Valium. A doctor reported to me that after taking three doses of pregnenolone for one day, he was able to eliminate his Xanax, which he used for his panic attacks! The usual dose of pregnenolone is about 100-150 mg daily (about the size of a small pea, or a pinch on the end of a butter knife). However, severely anxious people may need 1/4-teaspoon the first day.

Reduced exophthalmia in Grave’s disease patients: In the 1950’s, pregnenolone was tested on patients with exophthalmia (bulging eyes) from Grave’s disease. It was reported that their eyes quickly receded to a more normal position in their sockets. Peat gave pregnenolone to a desperate woman with seriously bulging eyes. The next day, she telephoned him and said that her eyes were completely normal.

tara

I don't doubt that pregnenolone can be very helpful in many cases. As you say there are many good reasons to consider using it.
There is also a thread with people's negative experiences with it. Could be good to have eyes open to potential negative effects as well as positive ones, when trying someting out. And some people found they did better with smaller doses than you suggest. People's states are not all the same.

I had hopes for it for myself. I used Haidut's formula, a bit less than his recommended dose for a bit over a week. Rougher week than usual. Could have been other factors.
I will probably try it again another time under different conditions - I still have hope that it may be useful for me.
But I wouldn't assume it will always work for everyone under all conditions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom