Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

NommyWommy

Myusernamehere can you tell me please what thermometer are you using and where are you taking the measurement (oral, underarm etc)?

Thanks Ben

Managed to sleep clothed at at least 96.8 last night. Woke up at 5:40 for my new job pretty well rested and feeling "on the right foot". I could immediately tell it was going to be a good day. Blasted myself to 98.6 with coffee and shower and took off.

Sooo talkative. NO anxiety. Different person. Had to meet at least 15 new people today. Felt like a boss and left a really good impression on everyone.
Then afterwards 90 minutes of driving practice. Again, great conversation with my driving instructor and we went over so much stuff because I could talk effortlessly and people pick up on it and they're automatically far more open.

I can finally behave the way I wanted to for years and how I used to. Phenibut and T3 can kiss my ****, this is the real deal.

Also, after 5 years, the f****** lunulae on my fingernails are coming back out of nowhere... I'm gonna take pics of this.

fascinating to hear about these changes, utterly incredible.

I'm sitting under lights now to get back up to 98.6. Just curious, what was your waking temp?

Are you observing a pattern of temp decline through the day, where the curve is leveling off?

InChristAlone

So I never realized how good I have it that my temps are spot on! I rarely have brain fog, my hands don't ever get dry, I still get some dry heels in winter though. And even when I'm restricting calories because of anxiety/adrenaline I still wake up with a temp of 97.8. One thing I always do is wear plenty of clothes, and blankets. And try to keep my body warm with food. Do you all drink milk? That was something that was very cooling to my body. And might be best for hypothyroid people to warm it up and sip slowly. And maybe have with some kind of starch. I like this reset thing because I'm not a big fan of relying on thyroid hormone. Sure you might do it right amd replace your own hormones but I think the body is perfeftly capable of sending out the right levels of hormones. I hate the 'we are broken' type attitude in these health groups. Give the body the tools to heal itself. I think Steve is absolutely right that surgery can tell the nervous system it was in danger and to not do that again type thing. I know someone who had knee surgery and said ever since he started having adrenaline rushes at 7pm. There is something up with the communication. Body will do whatever it can to survive. But communication signals can get confused I think. They say adrenal fatigue is just a signal problem, adrenals don't 'wear out', and I imagine a similar thing with thyroid is that the signals to make more hormone are not getting received properly. After a period of stress this tends to happen.

So I never realized how good I have it that my temps are spot on! I rarely have brain fog, my hands don't ever get dry, I still get some dry heels in winter though. And even when I'm restricting calories because of anxiety/adrenaline I still wake up with a temp of 97.8. One thing I always do is wear plenty of clothes, and blankets. And try to keep my body warm with food. Do you all drink milk? That was something that was very cooling to my body. And might be best for hypothyroid people to warm it up and sip slowly. And maybe have with some kind of starch. I like this reset thing because I'm not a big fan of relying on thyroid hormone. Sure you might do it right amd replace your own hormones but I think the body is perfeftly capable of sending out the right levels of hormones. I hate the 'we are broken' type attitude in these health groups. Give the body the tools to heal itself. I think Steve is absolutely right that surgery can tell the nervous system it was in danger and to not do that again type thing. I know someone who had knee surgery and said ever since he started having adrenaline rushes at 7pm. There is something up with the communication. Body will do whatever it can to survive. But communication signals can get confused I think. They say adrenal fatigue is just a signal problem, adrenals don't 'wear out', and I imagine a similar thing with thyroid is that the signals to make more hormone are not getting received properly. After a period of stress this tends to happen.

all liquids seem to lower temps. Warming them up helps but as soon as they cool down I think they are a burden to the temperature and heating system in the body. I do drink milk, but notice it with all fluids that I drink. I suppose I should minimize fluids, but then, I wouldn't be consuming anything.

Good to hear of your success here. I agree with you that if this is what it seems to be, it may be the solution MOST people are looking for here.

Did you have a throat rawness or sneeziness or anything like that when you were resetting?

I'm thinking it's due to lower cortisol now, that's my latest theory, and low adrenaline, which creates a temporarily over-active immune response due to less immuno-suppression.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Myusernamehere can you tell me please what thermometer are you using and where are you taking the measurement (oral, underarm etc)?

Thanks Ben

Omron Eco-Temp (MC-203-E) - White Medical. Oral.

fascinating to hear about these changes, utterly incredible.

I'm sitting under lights now to get back up to 98.6. Just curious, what was your waking temp?

Are you observing a pattern of temp decline through the day, where the curve is leveling off?

Something like this usually happens when I don't quite succeed at holding 98.6° all day:

upload_2016-11-14_19-54-39.png

If I were to make a graph of how easily I can hold my temperatures at 98.6° at different times of day, it would look like this: (10 = I need LOTS of heavy clothing, 1 = I can wear damn near anything)

upload_2016-11-14_20-2-41.png

I'd also like to point out the drastic contrast in how I felt between yesterday and today due to my night-time and waking temperatures:

Yesterday 96.44° = brain fog, anxious, lethargic, 'hypothyroid' (VERY interesting huh?)
Today 96.8° = sharp since the morning, outspoken, confident, no signs of hypothyroidism, "let's get em"

If I could sleep and wake up at 97.34° every day I'd probably be cured of everything lol.

Night-time temps are in my experience 3-4x as important as day-time ones, all your hormones are made here, your thyroid hormones are made overnight, your adrenaline (even though people here think it's bad your nervous system will be depleted of adrenaline, if you want to know how being DERPressed (stupid and unmotivated) feels like, just try taking lots of clonidine = same effect)), and everything else that you need to have a good day.

Last edited:
that makes so much sense. Circadian rhythms raise our temps by mid afternoon, which is precisely where you find it easy to maintain...and lower temps waking and to some extent at night.

I got an extra 500 watt pool light, so I have two pool lights, and two LED light fixtures, and I'm toasting warm at or above 98.6, as long as I want, without bundling up, so long as I don't move away from the lights. LOL.

OP
MyUsernameHere
I'm wiring my first paycheck to Richfield. Well, everything that's left after I pay for the OJ and bills, anyway.

are you heating your OJ? I am doing that. And heating my milk and Coke. I don't really like doing it, but it does seem to help.

OP
MyUsernameHere
are you heating your OJ? I am doing that. And heating my milk and Coke. I don't really like doing it, but it does seem to help.

No, I keep it at room temp. I found that as long as my set point is on point (lol) I can bounce back from any cold liquid within 10 minutes (and that's just the time it takes for my mouth to warm up, my core temp probably doesn't even drop).

When my set point isn't right like if I screw up my night time temps or don't manage to keep it up adequately then even sitting in lava barely helps and I usually have to give up for the day. Consistency is key and making sure to stay warm at night sets you up for a successful day.

Ahh. Good. I look forward to room temp OJ. Maybe in a few days.

The lights are pretty effective. There are colder spots on my body but they raise the core up pretty well and my clothes don't get soaked in sweat. I'm back in my sweaty winter clothes cuz I had to move around.

OP
MyUsernameHere
I want to address Janelle's post for a second.

Do you all drink milk? That was something that was very cooling to my body.

I found this too, more so than OJ. Milk takes like 15-20 minutes to recover mouth temps and it probably drops the core temperature somewhat as well.

I like this reset thing because I'm not a big fan of relying on thyroid hormone. Sure you might do it right amd replace your own hormones but I think the body is perfeftly capable of sending out the right levels of hormones.

YES! It's not a matter of "I can't", but "I don't want to".

I intuitively knew this for 4 years but couldn't figure out what to do about it until I found this. Taking thyroid hormones never felt 'right' to me and while they did make me feel better it didn't feel like the right kind of better, like the one where my body was running things on it's own again. Nothing beats that feeling, and no pill can substitute for it.

I hate the 'we are broken' type attitude in these health groups. Give the body the tools to heal itself. I think Steve is absolutely right that surgery can tell the nervous system it was in danger and to not do that again type thing.

More truth. Surgery, famine, fasting, dieting and many other stresses can do this.
If my body was broken and couldn't make enough thyroid hormones, then when I took the pill it would say "Oh yay, finally enough hormones, let's keep it this way" instead of "Oh no, he's trying to add more hormones, quickly lower our own thyroid so we keep this super low amount that is killing us". I mean, it's pretty clear where the problem is.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This thread has some really helpful information for me even as a person who isn't doing an official reset. It's been timely since it starting to become winter here. I've been staying warmer than I can ever remember!
Thanks @MyUsernameHere and @ecstatichamster.

This thread has some really helpful information for me even as a person who isn't doing an official reset. It's been timely since it starting to become winter here. I've been staying warmer than I can ever remember!

I think what's made it easier for me is the lights, very strong and light so even before I officially reset, I was getting up to around 98.1 during the day. Now I'm just not stopping there but waiting to get to 98.6, and working on all the other hours of the day, and this seems to be working so far.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think this thread is a huge breakthrough so I have stickied and promoted it to the front page of the portal. Maybe I will even run an announcement on it because this information is priceless.

This is yuuuuuuuge!!! I will be starting my reset in the near future.

Thank you @MyUsernameHere & @ecstatichamster for sharing this experiment with us. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be super grateful for this. :hattip

@MyUsernameHere got me more serious about starting mine again. I really thing this is bigly. Its the direct route to higher temps and higher metabolism.

Steve Richfield thinks a low carb diet is best but that isn't so far my experience. Have to continually chip away at this thing...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I really thing this is bigly. Its the direct route to higher temps and higher metabolism.
Man I agree this is bigly! Definitely feeling motivated about this and will be sourcing some pool lights soon and will get my reset underway.

Man I agree this is bigly! Definitely feeling motivated about this and will be sourcing some pool lights soon and will get my reset underway.

Steve says you need to have something like this, he recommends a car left in the sun, and you get inside and do your reset. That can work, but if you are in winter, or don't hvae a car, or whatever, I think the lights can work too. Maybe just as well. I do have some spots that I can't get warm but in general my system rsponds to them and when I leave the lights I just put on heavy winter clothing.

The problem with just the clothing is that you sweat a lot in them and it's kind of gross and kinds of cools you down also, but it is important to have warm winter clothing around at all times.

I also learned:

1. sleep REALLY REALLY REALLY sweaty-warm

2. wake up, and drink very hot espresso (I think that's helpful cuz it doesn't have a lot of liquid and warms you up through the intense caffeine) and eat something. For me, I get in front of the lights.

3. put out clothes so they are in order of putting them BACK on after the shower. Hat first, then shirt, then jacket, then second jacket, then underpants, then trousers, then socks

4. take a hot shower WITH the thermometer in mouth, to get to 98.6 or 98.8

5. get out, towel off quickly, and put on the clothes in order. That way you don't cool down so much.

Then you try to stay at 98.6 all day long. Each day Steve says you can maintain another hour without too much effort. I'm not sure I'm seeing that yet but it's early days.

OP
MyUsernameHere
10 PM, ding ding, still 98.6°F.

I think this thread is a huge breakthrough so I have stickied and promoted it to the front page of the portal. Maybe I will even run an announcement on it because this information is priceless.

This is yuuuuuuuge!!! I will be starting my reset in the near future.

Thank you @MyUsernameHere & @ecstatichamster for sharing this experiment with us. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be super grateful for this. :hattip

Whoah. It's going big :) Thanks Charlie, I wish I had done this sooner. I knew about it in 2013 but just kept mucking around with things that didn't get me anywhere in the end :(

1. sleep REALLY REALLY REALLY sweaty-warm

This.

Steve Richfield thinks a low carb diet is best but that isn't so far my experience. Have to continually chip away at this thing...

I think he's a bit off-base here. Combining this approach with a slightly low-fatish but high carb Peatarian diet works really well IMO.
I can also handle carbs much better early in the morning now, used to get really uncomfortable 'adrenaline' in my chest when I ate carbs very before 12 PM or so.

You're welcome! I figured this would be received as niche here but it seems it's picking up. Would really love to see how people get by using this approach. I feel like it can take me all the way, in due time.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You're welcome! I figured this would be received as niche here but it seems it's picking up. Would really love to see how people get by using this approach. I feel like it can take me all the way, in due time.
Well I've been working on my metabolism for quite some time and I've made a lot of progress but just from reading this thread and making some small changes like wearing warmer clothes, sleeping warmer (including a wearing a hat to bed), taking hot showers and using my 500 watt halogen lamp more often I'm pretty warm all the time. Last night I overshot on my temp and was 99.3 and sweating at bedtime. Oh well, it sure beats freezing which I would normally be doing this time of year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals