Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

just drank a Coke warmed in the microwave. Had OJ warmed in the microwave this morning. LOL. It works. Steve said to drink only warm liquids at this point.

OP
MyUsernameHere
How long since you first did your first day of the reset?

Exactly a week ago, I started on Saturday I believe.

Also you are quite right about the staying warm thing. If I just make absolutely sure to not let my temperatures drop at all in the afternoon, then I can maintain a clear mind throughout all day, and I feel pretty good during the night even as my temperature starts to drop, as well as the next morning.

Right now I feel like this guy (hands especially, just radiating):
2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

I usually keep all the heavy clothing on until 9 PM, then I take a shower and change into whatever I'm about to sleep in, letting my temperature slowly drift down to sleeping temps. Seems to work well.

Last edited:
A down comforter has made a huge difference for my sleeping temps. And therefore waking my temps. I think being really warm at night is crucial.

Exactly a week ago, I started on Saturday I believe.

Also you are quite right about the staying warm thing. If I just make absolutely sure to not let my temperatures drop at all in the afternoon, then I can maintain a clear mind throughout all day, and I feel pretty good during the night even as my temperature starts to drop, as well as the next morning.

Right now I feel like this guy (hands especially, just radiating):
2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

Wow. Fantastic. A sure sign of low adrenaline

OP
MyUsernameHere
A down comforter has made a huge difference for my sleeping temps. And therefore waking my temps. I think being really warm at night is crucial.

I bet so too, particularly for hormone production. I'm gonna try sleeping in extra clothes because I just toss most of the covers off when I fall asleep.
That way I can ensure the thyroid has enough temperature to do its thing overnight.

I do really feel like it's working better and better every day though. Either that, or something is compensating for it (which I doubt because there is no such thing that can replace the thyroid so well).
I mean a week without pills, I'd normally be so hypothyroid by now that I'd just spend most of the day sitting in the corner of the room super depressed with no energy whatsoever.

Really curious what happens long term.

I bet so too, particularly for hormone production. I'm gonna try sleeping in extra clothes because I just toss most of the covers off when I fall asleep.
That way I can ensure the thyroid has enough temperature to do its thing overnight.

I do really feel like it's working better and better every day though. Either that, or something is compensating for it (which I doubt because there is no such thing that can replace the thyroid so well).
I mean a week without pills, I'd normally be so hypothyroid by now that I'd just spend most of the day sitting in the corner of the room super depressed with no energy whatsoever.

Really curious what happens long term.
Steve is that it takes a few months to really stabilize I believe. Then you can actually go out in the cold temperature just bounces right back up as soon as you get inside.

Thyroid never raised my temperatures at all. Steve actually has encouraged me before he knew that, to try thyroid in case I was low.

He seems to feel that that's one of the issues with resetting. But you seem to be doing fine.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Then you can actually go out in the cold temperature just bounces right back up as soon as you get inside.

Interestingly enough I can actually do that already. At least between 11 - 4 PM when I normally am outside occasionally. It immediately gets back to 98.6°F as son as I get back into the car or wherever.
What I can't yet do is get my temps up immediately in the morning and keep them up throughout the day without extra clothing.

Thyroid never raised my temperatures at all. Steve actually has encouraged me before he knew that, to try thyroid in case I was low.

It did for me, but never as much as this protocol.

He seems to feel that that's one of the issues with resetting. But you seem to be doing fine.

Yeah that's my idea.. I dropped all the thyroid pills, and in the process of doing this reset I will hopefully figure out if my thyroid really CAN'T work, or if my brain is just downregulating it. I think thus far it's the latter.

It's so crazy to think that you could fix the thyroid by fixing your temperatures, instead of vice versa...

If this works the way I think it is, it means that most people don't need thyroid supplements at all.

I suspect that this might actually attack the underlying cause of low metabolism better than just taking thyroid.

I think you will do a lot better when you are really really really warm at night, because even though you may sweat a lot, in the morning you're warm.

I think it's key to the whole thing. Otherwise you are generating stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline at night, and I think that those wide swings between day and night make it really hard to reset.

InChristAlone

I wonder why I still have panic attacks when my temp is normal 98.6?? I wish this thyroid stuff was the end all be all! I have never had so many problems since getting my temp up. 2.5 yrs of anxiety, adrenaline rushes... Temp only dipped when I was drinking milk all day. Maybe I need way more healing foods and my temp is a lie????

At the moment it's 9:30PM and I'm at 98.6 in winter clothing. I had gone out today to walk but it was too cold and my temps plunged. So I went indoors and things pretty soon picked up to temperature around 98.2-98.4ish and slowly came up to 98.6 where they've been for hours.

I wonder why I still have panic attacks when my temp is normal 98.6?? I wish this thyroid stuff was the end all be all! I have never had so many problems since getting my temp up. 2.5 yrs of anxiety, adrenaline rushes... Temp only dipped when I was drinking milk all day. Maybe I need way more healing foods and my temp is a lie????

why would the temp be a lie?

Not sure I understand that. Is your thermometer accurate?

InChristAlone

why would the temp be a lie?

Not sure I understand that. Is your thermometer accurate?
I mean that its falsely elevated maybe? Adrenaline increases both temp and pulse. I think I just have some kind of serotonin or histamine problem. And my thyroid seems okay.

I mean that its falsely elevated maybe? Adrenaline increases both temp and pulse. I think I just have some kind of serotonin or histamine problem. And my thyroid seems okay.

Have you tried bag breathing? And also large doses of thiamine? This can raise CO2 levels. Pure magic.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Ugh, that's it. No more pyjamas for me.

I woke up at 96.44°, with a headache. I feel like **** today. My thyroid didn't even make enough hormones overnight. I feel lethargic, shaky and my mood is crap.
Because we use firewood for heating, the temperatures drop off sharply overnight when everyone goes to bed. And then the room turns into a freezer. I even slept with socks on and two blankets and it didn't help.

I'm probably just going to sleep in the same kind of stuff I wear during the day. Yesterday when I woke up at 97.16° I felt a lot better and far more energetic than today.
Seems like the evening temperatures are even more important than the daytime ones because during the night you make all the hormones that keep you running throughout the day.
I really need to do something about this.

Yes, rereading Richfield, he says that sleeping cold depletes our adrenaline.

I'm not sure if that is really true, but I do think sleeping cold sets us up for a cool day.

Overnight, sleeping I was warm except for my face. In the down comforter.

Woke a few hours early, was 97.8. Then went back to sleep to normal wake up time, and this time woke at 98f!

Today after sex, was 99.2. Amazing. (Temperature was amazing I mean, LOL)

Kind of a low CO2 feeling, Easy to cough, throat is little raw.

I posted a question on high TSH to see if this could be a temporary phenomenon related to the pituitary demanding more thyroid.

I might as well say this too. Erections are very good. Brain is very clear. Higher temps even forced with warm clothes and hot showers seems good.

Kept warm clothing on all day. Good energy levels all day. Went for a walk outside and it was coolish but I maintained high 97s or 98.1 or 98.2.

Temps on the evening were 98.1 or so. Morning woke at 4am at 97.5 and then again at 645 at 97.7. At 730 it's 97.8. Interesting. I feel great but also lethargic like I have low get-up-and-go. Low adrenaline.

Throat is a little raw with a slight rattle. Low control pause. Better when I really slow my breathing and build air hunger.

Ugh, that's it. No more pyjamas for me.

I woke up at 96.44°, with a headache. I feel like **** today. My thyroid didn't even make enough hormones overnight. I feel lethargic, shaky and my mood is crap.
Because we use firewood for heating, the temperatures drop off sharply overnight when everyone goes to bed. And then the room turns into a freezer. I even slept with socks on and two blankets and it didn't help.

I'm probably just going to sleep in the same kind of stuff I wear during the day. Yesterday when I woke up at 97.16° I felt a lot better and far more energetic than today.
Seems like the evening temperatures are even more important than the daytime ones because during the night you make all the hormones that keep you running throughout the day.
I really need to do something about this.

I might diverge with Steve's logic here. He says, if your temps are falling, at some point, stop trying, give up and wait and then try again. Maybe I misunderstand. But I think this is a matter of plugging the leaks. The leaks could be a body part that is getting cold (like feet, or hands, or head, or butt, or face) or a time when you are letting your body temp fall (like at night)

If you just keep winter clothing on, I think then you won't get as cold. And your body will start with that warmer base and build onto it. Steve says you're either fighting or you completely give in, or else you risk training your central system that fighting works. But I am not sure about this. It doesn't make sense to me.

I think I'm having an easier time of it by plugging the leaks. We shall see what happens of course.

I have observed my gut motility is higher and I haven't felt like napping. Mentally I've been clearer and clearer. My only real complaint is the raw throat and the rattly feeling when I breathe especially at night.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Managed to sleep clothed at at least 96.8 last night. Woke up at 5:40 for my new job pretty well rested and feeling "on the right foot". I could immediately tell it was going to be a good day. Blasted myself to 98.6 with coffee and shower and took off.

Sooo talkative. NO anxiety. Different person. Had to meet at least 15 new people today. Felt like a boss and left a really good impression on everyone.
Then afterwards 90 minutes of driving practice. Again, great conversation with my driving instructor and we went over so much stuff because I could talk effortlessly and people pick up on it and they're automatically far more open.

I can finally behave the way I wanted to for years and how I used to. Phenibut and T3 can kiss my ****, this is the real deal.

Also, after 5 years, the f****** lunulae on my fingernails are coming back out of nowhere... I'm gonna take pics of this.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals