Telling Doctor I'm Using T3

Jing

So I've been using t3 50mcg for quite awhile now and it definitely helps me.
I've been thinking of going to doctors and telling them I've been using t3 , im thinking in the lines of they might just prescribe me T3 so I don't have to buy it online I would be able to get it free from the NHS could also get regular thyroid blood tests to see how it's working .. but I hesitant to do this because they might just be annoyed and it could just be a waste of time . Has anyone ever self medicated with T3 and then told their doctor?

mangoes

I really doubt any doctor here would prescribe you t3 without blood results proving hypothyroidism. In fact, IIRC, I don’t think t3 is even available on the NHS anymore for actual diagnosed hypothyroidism, just levothyroxine (t4), but someone correct me if I’m wrong on that.

I could imagine they might offer you blood tests to keep check on your levels but it depends on your doctor tbh. t3 serum tests are only usually ordered if a TSH level is out of range. If they’re nice they might, but they’ll also consider how much it will cost their surgery and whether you’re in the right area for that cost coverage. Some tests my GP can’t give me apparently because of the cost

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

I really doubt any doctor here would prescribe you t3 without blood results proving hypothyroidism. In fact, IIRC, I don’t think t3 is even available on the NHS anymore for actual diagnosed hypothyroidism, just levothyroxine (t4), but someone correct me if I’m wrong on that.

I could imagine they might offer you blood tests to keep check on your levels but it depends on your doctor tbh. t3 serum tests are only usually ordered if a TSH level is out of range. If they’re nice they might, but they’ll also consider how much it will cost their surgery and whether you’re in the right area for that cost coverage. Some tests my GP can’t give me apparently because of the cost
Yh was thinking this tbh . Oh well it's not that expensive.

Spartan300

I'm curious about this scenario too. How did you get to T3 being the answer for you? Did you try NDT or just T3?

I'm trying NDT again but I just feel colder and no other benefits, not sure what this means.

OP
J

Jing

I'm curious about this scenario too. How did you get to T3 being the answer for you? Did you try NDT or just T3?

I'm trying NDT again but I just feel colder and no other benefits, not sure what this means.
Never tried NDT did try tyromix though .. I wouldn't say T3 is the answer for me as it only helps with a few things and I'm sure other things I am doing are helping too it's just T3 is definitely giving me a boost but I still have lots of things I need to solve.

I've been thinking of going to doctors and telling them I've been using t3 , im thinking in the lines of they might just prescribe me T3 so I don't have to buy it online I would be able to get it free from the NHS could also get regular thyroid blood tests to see how it's working .. but I hesitant to do this because they might just be annoyed and it could just be a waste of time . Has anyone ever self medicated with T3 and then told their doctor?

I’ve used this approach, tell them you’ve been on a medication for some time and tired of ordering online. Depends how you go about it and your relationship with dr. Worth a shot imho.

dreamcatcher

Yes and the doctors got annoyed.