Telling A Doctor You Take Cynomel

answersfound

I'm seeing a doctor who specializes in endocrinology, and has a reputation of thinking outside the box. He was recommended by the people at STTM. Should I mention I have been taking Cynomel from Mexico or would that make him not want to deal with me?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If he checks your blood then he will know something is definitely up and you are not being forthcoming with him. Seems that if you cannot be honest with the doc then probably need another doc. :2cents

4peatssake

I think it's best to let him know you've been taking synthetic T3 yes, but I'd avoid mentioning Mexico or the pharmacy where you purchased it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:yeahthat

lindsay

lookingforanswers said:
I'm seeing a doctor who specializes in endocrinology, and has a reputation of thinking outside the box. He was recommended by the people at STTM. Should I mention I have been taking Cynomel from Mexico or would that make him not want to deal with me?

I did this when I went to see an endocrinologist (except it was Cynoplus) and he said if it makes me feel better then whatever. However, if you take blood tests and your TSH is low, he will probably tell you to back off.

My other doctor was not happy with me whatsoever, so I decided I will have to find a new one. Until my thyroid works on its own, I need those pills from Mexico!

BingDing

I told my new doctor I was taking synthetic T3 in small doses and he looked a little surprised, but that was it. He said he liked to keep levels in the upper range so I told him about Dr. Levine. He told his assistant that since I was already taking T3 to give me a scrip for Armour.

4peatssake

BingDing said:
I told my new doctor I was taking synthetic T3 in small doses and he looked a little surprised, but that was it. He said he liked to keep levels in the upper range so I told him about Dr. Levine. He told his assistant that since I was already taking T3 to give me a scrip for Armour.
That's a pretty good experience BD.
I think too going in confident and prepared to provide intelligent reasoning for taking it goes a long way.
Any doctor worth his salt will listen and take heed of what their clients are saying and work with them to create a health plan suited to the client not the doctor. If they won't do that, I'd move on til I found one who did. :2cents

BingDing

It was a pretty good experience, 4ps. I have to give this doc credit, he takes seminars and learns about new ideas, and knew a lot that I knew, too. But he's excruciatingly removed from RP's knowledge, it's so frustrating. When he told me about how he took so much fish oil that his doc told him cut back, I could only sigh. Just wasn't right to ask him if he knew any organ transplant docs that gave their patients fish oil to suppress the immune system. Phshreewh, that's the sound my mouth is making.

4peatssake

BingDing said:
It was a pretty good experience, 4ps. I have to give this doc credit, he takes seminars and learns about new ideas, and knew a lot that I knew, too. But he's excruciatingly removed from RP's knowledge, it's so frustrating. When he told me about how he took so much fish oil that his doc told him cut back, I could only sigh. Just wasn't right to ask him if he knew any organ transplant docs that gave their patients fish oil to suppress the immune system. Phshreewh, that's the sound my mouth is making.
I hear ya loud and clear! ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals