Tell Me What Your Viscera Says

Curt :-)

I feel like having what the big man calls an "exploratory" or "stimulating" conversation.

I've been thinking about intuition/viscera. I want understand it but I feel like TRYING to understand it from a binary/"right brain" standpoint is barking up the wrong tree.
What is the viscera, and what's the difference between my viscera and, say, my conscience/ego telling me things or gravitating me towards or away from things?
I feel as though my viscera is prominent in my conscience, yet clouded, like words on a sign that are just a bit too far away to be legible.

What are your thoughts on YOUR viscera, what does it tell you, and can you think of any examples where you acted upon it, for better or worse?
Has anyone had a particularly strong or perhaps even overwhelming feeling about something before (as in a feeling that did not stem from logic based on information available)?

BingDing

An interesting post, I've thought about that a lot. [The vegas nerves] jeeze, typing those three words sent me off into a spin I can't understand; like the evil stepmother of deja vu. The VEGAS NERVES. There, I said it out loud.

The vegas nerves innervate the viscera, they are cranial nerves meaning they come from the brain rather than the spinal column.

This page is OK.

Sorry, I'm kind of rattled, I'll add more later.

BingDing

Haha. I like Vegas nerve, too, LOL. I did have a bad night in Vegas one time but that isn't what was bothering me.

Yeah, Vagus is right.

I found this site a couple years ago. Reading it again it seems right close to voodoo, but then I'm a skeptic. In particular, I don't know how you can lay on your back and let your mouth fill with saliva without choking. But that page does suggest a way to explore.

Oil pulling or rinsing with zylitol stimulates saliva and I've tried to get a sense of my Vagus nerves while standing up. One time I got a strong sense of irritation, even pain, in my gut while doing it; some minutes after spitting the saliva out I got a strong sense of well being. I've never been able to duplicate the experience.

Most often my viscera is telling me to quit smoking cigarettes. The nervous stomach energy from cigs can't be good; indeed, I hate it.

pboy

the nerve...to talk about vegas

yea man and in fact, its a normal part of the every day or relatively every day human life to have such experiences and intuitions. Our society and school system, belief systems, the various curses and confusions thrown around, literally have had to be diligent like a machine in controlling every portion of our every day to prevent this natural occurring, uprising that happens usually every day for humans, when they are in a really peaceful place, no worries, and outside amongst nature. Its sad that a lot of people think of this kind of thing as mystical and magical or far out...its like, wake up, the whole life is like that, every little detail, it always has been, the entirey of your body itself, your workings, are proof...its pretty sad but apparent that a good half of the brain or most people in these societies has atrophied pretty much to the extent the appendix has. That's why people often trip out bad when they take a moderate to high dose of any mind altering thing for the first time...the more this part of your mind has been suppressed, the more bs youre full of, cluttering programming, the more likely you are to trip. Its supposed to be a fun entranced animistic life, all the time....it always has been, people just are somehow intelligently and deeply tangled in their minds from seeing it or allowing that part of the mind to activate (it might have atrophied to a non usable state in a lot of people...like hardcore religious or political people, ect, business sharks, all
that...they might never or would take years away from their normal life to even have a chance at sort of starting to get it)

narouz

It may be
that the subject of another thread,
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4243&p=51265&hilit=botox#p51265,
can be related to this one.

One way to think about botox and the above article and this viscera discussion:
we don't like to listen to our viscera,
so we numb it, paralyze it, (kill it?).

By the way, and I may not have read through the thread carefully enough,
but I think the phrase comes directly from Peat:
"listen to our viscera."
I think it was in an interview that I heard it.

OP
C

Curt :-)

That thread was really cool ☺️
Pboy & Narouz, always dig your input.
I agree that some people are incredibly shut down. It seems to go hand in hand with being too "right brain", being authoritarian, or sometimes just being plain old sedated on a truck load of serotonin (these things being all related).

If you could sum up what your viscera says in a few words, what would it say?
I think mine would say stop drinking alcohol, work harder, save to travel more, live, love, create

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals