Teflon "Forever Chemical" Detox Through Phlebotomy Study

AlexR

There were clear declines in PFAA levels in the family members over the ∼4 years of treatment with intermittent phlebotomy (Table 3). By the end of testing in the fall of 2013, average PFHxS had declined from 125 ng/mL to 23.3 ng/mL, average PFOS from 43.4 ng/mL to 6.7 ng/mL, and average PFOA from 5.7 ng/mL to 1.4 ng/ml.
"Forever Chemicals" can be detoxed through phlebotomy. A lot of these chemicals are highly toxic and linger "forever" in your bloodstream as they have half-lives of half a decade or more and are said to take two decades to clear from your body. During those two decades, they can have deleterious effects and are implicated in a wide range of diseases most notably reduced metabolic rate and increased weight gain. From the study, it is shown that phlebotomy accelerates the elimination of these harmful compounds by 2-4 times. This might be another reason for the positive effects people have had from blood donation. The only other substance I could find to detox these compounds is cholestyramine, but it is a prescription drug and doesn't have an effect on every type of these compounds like blood donation should have.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Very nice! Thank you for posting. :hattip

"Forever Chemicals" can be detoxed through phlebotomy. A lot of these chemicals are highly toxic and linger "forever" in your bloodstream as they have half-lives of half a decade or more and are said to take two decades to clear from your body. During those two decades, they can have deleterious effects and are implicated in a wide range of diseases most notably reduced metabolic rate and increased weight gain. From the study, it is shown that phlebotomy accelerates the elimination of these harmful compounds by 2-4 times. This might be another reason for the positive effects people have had from blood donation. The only other substance I could find to detox these compounds is cholestyramine, but it is a prescription drug and doesn't have an effect on every type of these compounds like blood donation should have.

This is encouraging news. Thanks. Heavy metals, VOCs, EDCs have known detox protocols, but PFAS "forever chemicals" were always a stumper to me. Makes sense. I'll try to do a blood draw monthly instead of quarterly.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

This is encouraging news. Thanks. Heavy metals, VOCs, EDCs have known detox protocols, but PFAS "forever chemicals" were always a stumper to me. Makes sense. I'll try to do a blood draw monthly instead of quarterly.
I think somebody on this forum mentioned this, but it seems like activated charcoal does something similar to cholestyramine in binding bile and preventing the reabsorption of these chemicals.

tankasnowgod

A very cool study, and it makes a lot of sense. Blood donation is great for lowering excess iron, and I underwent that personally. Over the months, I noticed a significant improvement in mood and energy. Based on some of the studies Haidut posted, I thought there might also be an effect of lowering FFAs and debris in the blood. I'm sure that was a factor as well.

There might have been a good reason why bloodletting was so in demand as a medical therapy for millennia. Of course, infection, anemia and blood borne diseases could have compromised health due to bloodletting, but modern blood donation and phlebotomy has essentially negated all of those risks.

I can see how this could be a good sort of cycle. Blood donation directly removes various toxins and elements, and this lower toxic burden also allows the liver to work more efficiently, which lowers the toxic burden even more. Adding in things that support the liver (like inosine, ATP, caffiene) along with things like activated charcoal might be able to make some of these "forever chemicals" be drastically reduced in just a few months.

I also thought of this thread, which may be of interest to anyone dealing with forever chemicals- IV Charcoal Cures Infections

burtlancast

Great find.

I might add:

"These results are not entirely surprising because PFAAs have rather low volumes of distribution, meaning they are primarily distributed in the blood and are otherwise most abundant in organs that are heavily perfused by blood, such as liver and kidney [42]. This is partly due to their strong binding to serum proteins [43]."

Since the liver contains so much of these chemicals, i would love to see the experiments done with coffee enemas regimens, which are extremely efficient at detoxing the liver.

Vinny

Awesome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals