Teeth Health While Doing Peat

mamaherrera

So I'm trying to do Peat as well as I can but have a question, with all the sugar (bacteria) and acid from OJ and fruits, is my teeth enamel going to get weaker and will I get more sensitivity?? I already have lots of cavities and I dont' want to have to do bicarbonate (nastY) to counteract these things, like you make one problem better but than you have a new problem you have to fix. thoughts?

OP
M

mamaherrera

but what preventative actions are you talking about??? Is Peat bad for teeth, the juice and sugar?

Kasper

Rinse with baking soda, use ripe orange juice, maybe put baking soda in it, to make it more alkaline.

Rinsing with oxidal or lapodin can help.

floss daily or twice daily

CoolTweetPete

Using Vitamin K2 (MK-4) may be helpful. It completely relieved tooth sensitivity I used to experience from cold liquids.

paymanz

other than what other posters said above,oil pulling with coconut oil.and i recently tried small dose methylin blue on my molar teeth and it made them less sensitive.

Velve921

I have been following Peat nutrition for 2 years and 2 months...at one point I was doing 600 grams of sugar a day; I no longer have tooth discomfort unless I eat corn syrup. Matt Stone blogged that he brushes his teeth 1x a week and has not seen a dentist in 10 years.

jitsmonkey

before I started peating in October of 2015 my gums had bled everyday following brushing my teeth for 35+ years.
Actually in Oct/Nov my gums were bleeding so badly I could not wear a mouthguard at jiu jitsu because the pressure of the
mouthguard would make my gums bleed so when I took the mouthguard out it would be full of blood. NOT GOOD.
For the first time in my life my teeth don't hurt, aren't sensitive to temps and my gums don't bleed. I have had exactly ZERO dental visits
since Oct 2015.

Stryker

calcium , magnesium , k2 , vitamin d .. 5mg of k2 is enough, i take haiduts kuinone and put 3 drops under my tongue and let it sit there for a few mins
rinse with baking soda after meals
do not use anything with fluoride
i havnt been to the dentist in 8 years

OP
M

mamaherrera

K2 5mg daily?? and then separate from vitamin d, no?? Meaning different times of the day? Do you have to let it sit?? I usually wash mine down right away with water!! Maybe I could handle rinsing with baking soda, if I need to, but I've heard that it's abrasive!

achillea

My teeth are doing better than ever. I still oil pull with coconut oil and clove or propolis because it is proven in a Japanese study to kill any strep in the mouth, the cause of decay. Dentists are as dangerous as Physicians so it is best to take care of your teeth as best you can. If the sugar is good for wounds and cuts why wouldn't it be good for your mouth, the seat of bacteria? I am not sure of the PH of OJ but a little rinse...why not.

Stryker

K2 5mg daily?? and then separate from vitamin d, no?? Meaning different times of the day? Do you have to let it sit?? I usually wash mine down right away with water!! Maybe I could handle rinsing with baking soda, if I need to, but I've heard that it's abrasive!
you can take d and k together probly best in the morning , no you dont have to let it sit but the k2 in kuinone is dissolved in DMSO so it absorbs quickly through the membranes of the mouth and i suppose would have the best effect for you teeth.

yes baking soda is abrasive but if used as a rinse isnt going to hurt your teeth at all , i also noticed baking soda makes my tongue very pink and clean

Stryker

@Stryker no fluoride for systemic toxic effect of it or you believe it also is not good for teeth?

"The world’s largest study on dental caries, which looked at 400,000 students, revealed that decay increased 27 percent with a 1ppm fluoride increase in drinking water.19 In Japan, fluoridation caused decay increases of 7 percent in 22,000 students while in the US a decay increase of 43 percent occured in 29,000 students when 1ppm fluoride was added to drinking water."

"While serving on the the committee, Price noted the toxic effects of fluoride on mineral metabolism and on permanent enamel defects, but his research was ignored. He pointed out that the addition of natural sodium fluoride to the rats’ food results in a decrease in blood levels of iron, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. A one percent concentration of sodium fluoride in the diet resulted in a general disturbance of mineral metabolism. Because bone and tooth tissue differed and teeth did not regenerate, defects to enamel caused by mottling would be permanent."

artist

In the year+ of eating a cliche Peat diet including TONS of orange juice I didn't develop any cavities. I did develop major sensitivity along the gum line at one point which went away after switching toothpastes. My dentist had only compliments for me at the end of that run. I still consume a lot of orange juice but not dairy so I guess we'll see if that was the key, but I also use a great hippie toothpaste now that has no glycerin or fluoride (Earthpaste if you're curious, it's even brown) and I find an absence of glycerin makes the biggest difference in how white and clean and healthy my teeth feel. I avoid fluoridated water as much as possible.

paymanz

interesting article... A hypothetical role for vitamin K2 in the endocrine and exocrine aspects of dental caries. - PubMed - NCBI

Consequences of the hypothesis
Nature has provided the evidence to prevent dental caries.
Nutrition is the dominant factor in this process. It affects the endo-
crine aspects of enhancing the tooth’s defenses by maintaining a
nourishing dentinal fluid flow. The exocrine aspects of salivary
glands or saliva secretion and composition are also nutritionally
related. In terms of prevention of dental caries, optimum nutrition
with fat soluble vitamins like K2 plays a far more significant role
than the traditional dental recommendation to simply eat less
sugar to minimize oral bacterial acids
. Dental disease will be recog-
nized as another inflammation related degenerative lifestyle dis-
ease like cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and diabetes.
Who will lead this new nutrition paradigm? Will a field of ‘neur-
odontics’ emerge as dentists expand their research to include the
brain? The dental profession has an advantage in application
because optimal nutrition can be added to the beneficial ‘cradle to
grave’ services presently being provided. The impact, however,
may be felt well beyond dental disease. It could affect all degenera-
tive diseases that are inflammation based. Expanding beyond the
silo of the oral cavity may meet some resistance. Alternately, other
disciplines such as nutritionists may offer dental nutrition programs
that may prove more effective than present dental prevention pro-
grams. In the end, public health teams may play the key role.

I have been following Peat nutrition for 2 years and 2 months...at one point I was doing 600 grams of sugar a day; I no longer have tooth discomfort unless I eat corn syrup. Matt Stone blogged that he brushes his teeth 1x a week and has not seen a dentist in 10 years.

i would probably brush your teeth everyday twice a day