Teeth Have Become Extremely Sensitive Recently

FredSonoma

HI all,

I've never had a problem with this before - been Peating since late June now. My teeth have become SO sensitive recently! Just was drinking some pepsi and just letting it touch my teeth hurt (wasn't even out of the fridge - room temperature).

My diet is:
Milk (~ 1 gallon / day)
OJ (~1 gallon / day)
Lots of added table sugar
Pepsi / coke
Coffee
Some eggs / meat / fish
Fish head soup
Pork feet soup
Raw carrot salad
Some cooked spinach

Supplements:
Estroban
Vitamin E
Energin
Niacinamide

I'm about to add cypro into the mix (arriving in the mail tomorrow)

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Brian

That quantity of citric acid from the gallon of OJ could definitely do it. Commercial OJ is pretty corrosive stuff, probably best to keep it only to a small portion of your diet unless you can get fresh squeezed from ripe fruit, which you won't be able to unless you live in an area that farms oranges. Tree ripened fruit is much less acidic and contains a lot more alkaline minerals.

And when you do drink commercial OJ consider adding a little baking soda first and rinse afterwards.

Also I gotta say 2 gallons of liquids is way too much unless you are an outdoor hard laborer or a professional athlete exercising hard for hours a day. I know it's simplicity is alluring, but is urinating many more times a day really that convenient or pleasant? Not to mention it's potential to greatly decrease your metabolism.

Sheik

I don't have an answer for you. I just wanted to chime in and say ME TOO. My teeth have gotten more and more sensitive, in spite of "Peating" (actually seems like it's because of the diet changes I made).

I also drank a good amount of OJ before learning of Peat, because I ******* love OJ.

PeatThemAll

You might want to check out for the phosphate / calcium balance. Simply mentioning this because I had similar symptoms when consuming too much (percentage-wise) of muscle meat or protein powder in my diet.

:1 for the neutralization of OJ.

Nicholas

i've noticed, for myself, that low zinc and vitamin D lead to sensitive teeth.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Nicholas said:
post 104368 i've noticed, for myself, that low zinc and vitamin D lead to sensitive teeth.

I could definitely be low in zinc - haven't eaten oysters or liver for a couple weeks, because I just haven't been craving them at all. Also, sometimes eating iron rich foods seem to really **** up my stomach (even though I avoid eating with Vitamin C and I eat them with milk / coffee)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

Brian said:
post 104351 That quantity of citric acid from the gallon of OJ could definitely do it. Commercial OJ is pretty corrosive stuff, probably best to keep it only to a small portion of your diet unless you can get fresh squeezed from ripe fruit, which you won't be able to unless you live in an area that farms oranges. Tree ripened fruit is much less acidic and contains a lot more alkaline minerals.

And when you do drink commercial OJ consider adding a little baking soda first and rinse afterwards.

Also I gotta say 2 gallons of liquids is way too much unless you are an outdoor hard laborer or a professional athlete exercising hard for hours a day. I know it's simplicity is alluring, but is urinating many more times a day really that convenient or pleasant? Not to mention it's potential to greatly decrease your metabolism.

I totally agree about the 2 gallons being too much - I just don't know what else to do.

1. Concentrated juice cans **** up my stomach - make me feel weird / give me diarrhea
2. Too much sugar makes me feel anxious
3. Too much honey makes me feel weird / gives me diarrhea
4. I can't tolerate any starch
5. Any cheese (including raw, animal rennet, expensive cheeses) give me serotonin - like reactions

Mittir

I get sensitive teeth when i skip liver for few weeks. It is probably vitamin K in liver that
improves dental health, but liver has wide range of protective substance.
Hypothyroidism also causes dental problem, high estrogen weakens teeth.
I still can not drink acidic drinks, i can get away with 1 or 2 can of coke but i can not
drink apple juice without neutralizing the acid. RP also recommends
rinsing mouth after sugar and acidic foods.

I have noticed i can drink more liquid after adding red light therapy.
It surely increases metabolism and evaporation through skin.
I use 400 watts of incandescent lights.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Mittir said:
post 104378 I get sensitive teeth when i skip liver for few weeks. It is probably vitamin K in liver that
improves dental health, but liver has wide range of protective substance.
Hypothyroidism also causes dental problem, high estrogen weakens teeth.
I still can not drink acidic drinks, i can get away with 1 or 2 can of coke but i can not
drink apple juice without neutralizing the acid. RP also recommends
rinsing mouth after sugar and acidic foods.

I have noticed i can drink more liquid after adding red light therapy.
It surely increases metabolism and evaporation through skin.
I use 400 watts of incandescent lights.

Hmm interesting thanks! How long do you spend in the 400 watts?

Mittir

I use incandescent light as regular lighting for my room. I have not tried light in close proximity, which RP recommends.
I spend at least 6-7 hours at night and often use during day time just for the warmth.

I think Light therapy increased my vitamin A requirement. I had to increase
my liver intake after starting light therapy.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Mittir said:
post 104386 I use incandescent light as regular lighting for my room. I have not tried light in close proximity, which RP recommends.
I spend at least 6-7 hours at night and often use during day time just for the warmth.

I think Light therapy increased my vitamin A requirement. I had to increase
my liver intake after starting light therapy.

Are you able to sleep fine with the light?? I find if I sleep with a light on I wake up feeling a little weird - but I haven't tried just a bright light actually shining on me, just a light on in the corner.

Mittir

I tried sleeping with lights on and it feels little weird, not as resting as sleeping in the dark.
I use light from sunset till i go to bed, that is about 6-7 hours.

tara

FredSonoma said:
post 104376 totally agree about the 2 gallons being too much - I just don't know what else to do.

1. Concentrated juice cans f*** up my stomach - make me feel weird / give me diarrhea
5. Any cheese (including raw, animal rennet, expensive cheeses) give me serotonin - like reactions
Did you try making your own fresh cheese? Very easy to do: heat milk, add vinegar to curdle, strain, salt. Eat or use to make other stuff, eg cheesecake. :)

Condensed milk?
Jelly (gelatine, fruit juice, sucrose)?

OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 104392
FredSonoma said:
post 104376 totally agree about the 2 gallons being too much - I just don't know what else to do.

1. Concentrated juice cans f*** up my stomach - make me feel weird / give me diarrhea
Did you try making your own fresh cheese? Very easy to do: heat milk, add vinegar to curdle, strain, salt. Eat or use to make other stuff, eg cheesecake. :)

Condensed milk?
Jelly (gelatine, fruit juice, sucrose)?
I keep putting off trying that!! I also wanna try putting oj in a dehydrator lol. Does that cheese making process remove all the calcium??

Kyle Bigman

Has anyone noticed how spinach makes their teeth feel dry and gritty, kind of like sandpaper? I don't know why it does this for me recently...