Teeth Enamel Worn Out. Why? Remineralization Possible?

Doludolu

Hello. I do have teeth enamel problems, which is on several teeth quite extensively eroded and doesn't seem to be healing (calcium metabolism problems ? ). To the point where it is sometimes even painful to eat something like honey, fruits, some vegetables. So it's quite bad. I did improve my teeth hygiene routine: cleaning several times, oil pulling. Changed diet: by increasing calcium , magnesium, vitamin D and K, boron all for calcium metabolism in hopes to regenerate (remineralize) that, but so far not really succesful.

I suspect that it originated of a certain period when I was eating a lot of unripe fruit and consuming apple cider vinegar without protection. But then again, other people do same things or even worse, drink coke (pure acid on teeth), eat sugar & syrups and have no teeth problem. Any thoughts?

I also did some bloodwork: Thyroid, Testosterone & LH were good. Inflammation low.
2 hormones were a bit out of whack - it was 1) PTH - 14.31 ; range being [ 15 -65 ].
2) Estradiol was too low too, even for a man - perhaps a connection? [ 36.77 ] in range of [41.40 - 159.00 ]

Beyond that I do often experience physical traumas, tendon - ligament - joint problems every now and then. I think every year something when doing sports happens, one trauma after another, even though I'm passionate about sports , activity and physical movement.

So something with health is most likely off and probably likely related to the teeth condition of mine.

Any ideas? Tips?

Thank you.

rei

latest RP interview on jodell he says enamel cannot repair. But the bulk tooth can. So at best this could mean with perfect oral health you can re-grow the cavity out to enamel level, and not have it cause issues.

Then again i have seen claims hydroxyapatite could remineralize teeth and i always assumed it means the enamel. Maybe it only works for demineralized enamel, not missing enamel?

teeth problems & calcified/fibrotic fascia that give problems in joints and sports are problems that probably go together. At least it was for me, caused by chronic postural problem that caused chronic sympathetic dominance, preventing repair.

Last edited:

yerrag

If you had been taking antibiotics, what were they?

TheSir

latest RP interview on jodell he says enamel cannot repair. But the bulk tooth can. So at best this could mean with perfect oral health you can re-grow the cavity out to enamel level, and not have it cause issues.
Yes this is true. The dentin keeps regenerating if given the chance. In hunter-gatherers the enamel is wholly ground down, exposing the dentin, yet this is not an issue unless the dentin begins to decay.

Then again i have seen claims hydroxyapatite could remineralize teeth and i always assumed it means the enamel. Maybe it only works for demineralized enamel, not missing enamel?
Enamel is about 98% hydroxyapatite, while the dentin is about 70% hydroxyapatite and rest collagen/water. So ideally hydroxyapatite could perhaps help both heal, but since the dentin is partly organic tissue, I imagine that the inflammation of the dentin has to be addressed first before the tooth can begin to heal. In which case the healing will likely happen from the inside, with no need for exogenous apatite. It's probably hard for hydroxyapatite to attach to such mix of inorganic/organic tissue anyway.

Comstock

Yes this is true. The dentin keeps regenerating if given the chance. In hunter-gatherers the enamel is wholly ground down, exposing the dentin, yet this is not an issue unless the dentin begins to decay.

Is it possible to reverse decay as well?

Comstock

To the point where the dentin heals up yes. The hole in the enamel will not reverse, but the black/brown decay will disappear.

Great, and your best bet to reverse decay is probably living a relatively peaty lifestyle while avoiding/mitigating excess acid in your mouth right?

TheSir

Great, and your best bet to reverse decay is probably living a relatively peaty lifestyle while avoiding/mitigating excess acid in your mouth right?
If your gut is healthy, then yes. Though, if your gut was healthy, chances are you would not have ended up with much decay beyond enamel erosion in the first place. Peating in itself has not reversed my decay so far, though I have managed to halt it with other interventions. Currently trying to reverse my mild SIBO and heal the colon, after which I think I'll see more progress in that regard.

Comstock

If your gut is healthy, then yes. Though, if your gut was healthy, chances are you would not have ended up with much decay beyond enamel erosion in the first place. Peating in itself has not reversed my decay so far, though I have managed to halt it with other interventions. Currently trying to reverse my mild SIBO and heal the colon, after which I think I'll see more progress in that regard.

Makes sense. Although I have a feeling the gut may not be the only driver of tooth decay, and that there can be more localized bottlenecks. My gut feels like it's better than ever at the moment, but I think some acute dryer sheet chemical exposure, among other things, has given me very localized endotoxin like symptoms around my jaw, my airways, and my sinuses. I feel that this has decreased saliva and blood flow in and around my teeth. Regardless of where the bottleneck is, I think increasing metabolism AND reducing offenses in the environment (for example, reducing synthetic chemical exposure, ensuring good airflow, avoiding mold, etc., in my case) will help.

boris

Changed diet: by increasing calcium , magnesium, vitamin D and K, boron all for calcium metabolism in hopes to regenerate (remineralize) that, but so far not really succesful.

How much calcium from which sources do you get a day?

And how much vitamin D are you taking?

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Enamel is about 98% hydroxyapatite, while the dentin is about 70% hydroxyapatite and rest collagen/water. So ideally hydroxyapatite could perhaps help both heal, but since the dentin is partly organic tissue, I imagine that the inflammation of the dentin has to be addressed first before the tooth can begin to heal. In which case the healing will likely happen from the inside, with no need for exogenous apatite. It's probably hard for hydroxyapatite to attach to such mix of inorganic/organic tissue anyway.

If you would make an enamel remineralizing protocol [regenerative] - what would it look like , sir?

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

How much calcium from which sources do you get a day?

And how much vitamin D are you taking?

It's mainly goat or sheep cheese if from foods, also veggies like brussel sprouts, kale, broccoli. Supplement also with coral calcium, which is though to be one of the best bioavailable sources of calcium.

Vitamin D 12,000 IU everyday.

TheSir

If you would make an enamel remineralizing protocol [regenerative] - what would it look like , sir?
I'm not knowledgeable enough to come up with protocols, but K2, Vit D, bone broth, brushing with hydroxyapatite and rinsing with sea salt would all be included in it. Note that regenerating enamel is slow, you would have to be on your regimen for 6-12 months.

R J

teeth problems & calcified/fibrotic fascia that give problems in joints and sports are problems that probably go together. At least it was for me, caused by chronic postural problem that caused chronic sympathetic dominance, preventing repair.

I’ve noticed this too.

ddjd

1. k2 mk4 powder from vitspace applied topically to teeth.

2. xylitol mouth washes daily for half an hour

boris

It's mainly goat or sheep cheese if from foods, also veggies like brussel sprouts, kale, broccoli. Supplement also with coral calcium, which is though to be one of the best bioavailable sources of calcium.

Vitamin D 12,000 IU everyday.

How much cheese? I need about 100-200g of cheese (Parmiggiano Reggiano or Grana Padano) to stop the pain on an eroded tooth neck, depending how much milk I drink in addition.

10k IU of Vitamin D gives me joint pains. I would take less personally or try without it for some time to see if it contributes.

Last edited:

boris

I also did some bloodwork: Thyroid, Testosterone & LH were good. Inflammation low.

Did you test thyroid on your own to be safe (waking temp+pulse vs. midday temp+pulse)? You can not judge thyroid function only from bloodwork.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

So the ultimate resolve was going to chiropactic / manualist and adjusting your body? Or you were working yourself out functionally, e.g. like functional patterns / animal locomotion exercises & etc?

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

How much cheese? I need about 100-200g of cheese (Parmiggiano Reggiano or Grana Padano) to stop the pain on an eroded tooth neck, depending how much milk I drink in addition.

10k IU of Vitamin D gives me joint pains. I would take less personally or try without it for some time to see if it contributes.
I don't consume cheese / milk products everyday, due to the idea of not consuming the same foods everyday not to create food intolerances, to which I'm prone to (now healing leaky gut). So I try to maintain a dynamic diet and when there's no dairy in the day, I supplement with coral calcium with every meal.

Did you test thyroid on your own to be safe (waking temp+pulse vs. midday temp+pulse)? You can not judge thyroid function only from bloodwork.

Yes I do, that's like my morning ritual. Now as I'm eating a Peaty way for about 2 months or so, I feel the improvements. Better morning temperature , usually ranges from 36.1 to 36.6 , after food usuaully stays in the zone of 36.6-37.2 , if I eat something that's a bit inflammatory for me it sometimes becomes much less though. Pulse in the zone of 60-80, with coffee (which I also don't drink everyday) rises more, up to 70-80-90

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals