Teeth Appearance (White, Healthy, Etc.)

OP
J

Jsaute21

What is the best remedy for healthy and good breath? Flowers of Sulfur potentially? I notice sometimes having relatively stale breath which is surprising given pretty healthy digestion.

Lurker

Like a lot of things, there is a bit of a chicken & egg scenario with the gut. A clean gut will produce a clean mouth but a clean mouth will help keep a clean gut. Rotten breath is probably a rotten liver function. As for the white teeth, how is your parathyroid status?

sladerunner69

I have been following Peat principles for a year and a half or so. Every measurable of my health has improved but my teeth are quite simply not as white as i would like them to be. I use earthpaste, methylene blue, baking soda, zinc, etc. for my teeth routinely, while flossing. This combination works phenomenally for plaque prevention, and teeth/gum health. What it does not work for is making your teeth look good and white. Not to mention that coffee, mexican cokes, etc. though delicious and nutritious, stain the teeth. Do folks such as @Stryker @tca300 @lisaferraro @DaveFoster @haidut @Regina use commercial toothpaste? I know it is full of crap, but having good breath and white teeth are an important thing to me. Not to mention, i remember seeing a quote from Peat mentioning that brushing our teeth shouldn't be overly harmful if ones sure not to swallow contaminants. Curious in some folks perspective.

Have you noticed further plaque build up and cavities since beginning the diet? I have been encountering some issues in this area as well.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Have you noticed further plaque build up and cavities since beginning the diet? I have been encountering some issues in this area as well.
Actually the opposite. Plaque is almost nonexistent, and teeth health has been good. They just aren't as white as they used to be. My teeth are very capable of being white as well, just resort to using unhealthy commerical brands and products. Charcoal is the one healthy remedy that actually seems to work superficially for me. Also, having good breath is important lol. I use commerical tooth paste twice a week so my breath is minty fresh so to speak.

sladerunner69

Actually the opposite. Plaque is almost nonexistent, and teeth health has been good. They just aren't as white as they used to be. My teeth are very capable of being white as well, just resort to using unhealthy commerical brands and products. Charcoal is the one healthy remedy that actually seems to work superficially for me. Also, having good breath is important lol. I use commerical tooth paste twice a week so my breath is minty fresh so to speak.

Commercial toothpaste with fluoride or without? I no longer use charcoal because I am worried about persorption and some of the photos that @DaveFoster posted which showed the intestines turning black with regular use.

SOMO

Commercial toothpaste with fluoride or without? I no longer use charcoal because I am worried about persorption and some of the photos that @DaveFoster posted which showed the intestines turning black with regular use.

I brush my teeth with Hydroxyapatite (Bone Meal).

It's less messy than charcoal (I tried charcoal once and **** that, I like to keep my bathroom clean without having to clean it daily from the charcoal dust which stains everything black.)

Charcoal itself is black, how do you know it turned the intestine black vs just adhering to the mucus in the intestine? If the intestine is black, that implies necrosis/gangrene and there would surely be immediate symptoms.

Lurker

I brush my teeth with Hydroxyapatite (Bone Meal).

It's less messy than charcoal (I tried charcoal once and **** that, I like to keep my bathroom clean without having to clean it daily from the charcoal dust which stains everything black.)

Charcoal itself is black, how do you know it turned the intestine black vs just adhering to the mucus in the intestine? If the intestine is black, that implies necrosis/gangrene and there would surely be immediate symptoms.

Here is the thread with the charcoaled colon:
Cascara Sagrada Long-Term Safety
It didn’t seem to necessarily pose a specific health risk according to the study posted. I prefer the Gold Mountain Beauty AC which is a gritty powder that works better granulated but isn’t the fine dusty powder either. I’m hoping the larger particle size is big enough to minimize the persorbtion risk.

LUH 3417

Health natura vitamin K makes my teeth white and shiny and strong looking.
They also feel smooth when I run my tongue over them and I haven’t gotten a professional cleaning in a few years.
I use earthpaste charcoal and peppermint toothpaste. I don’t have any plaque from what I can see in the mirror but vitamin c supplement has made my teeth very sensitive in the past. Usually goes away when I stop supplementing.

Lurker

One more thing to try for film on the teeth is systemic enzymes (taken away from meals).

YourUniverse

https://www.amazon.ca/Kiss-Your-Dentist-Goodbye-Yourself/dp/1929774672

^This book is discussed in depth here:
This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Strong enamel creates white teeth. Acid and harsh brushing weaken enamel. Dr. Ellie has a daily system of oral health products that she recommends that, in order, neutralize oral pH and kill bacteria, brush plaque away, kill more bacteria, and "seal" the tooth enamel in fluoride.

Ive been doing it for over a month, and I honestly feel like Ross from friends - almost too white. I'll switch to 1x per day for a course of the products, then down to just xylitol after meals and toothpaste. I'll see when I get there.

DaveFoster

HealthNatura's granulated activated charcoal probably poses less of a risk of presorption, and the blackened intestinal wall didn't indicate any increased susceptibility to cancer and so on.

baccheion

Vitamin K2 MK-4 (+ vitamin D3) keeps mouth clean, minimizes tartar, and tends to have a whitening effect. It becomes active at 1.5 milligrams/day.

jzeno

Old thread, but I stumbled upon this article promoting turmeric to whiten teeth (A Quick And Simple Trick For Whitening Teeth Naturally) and I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Author describes a similar situation to mine, which gives me reason to believe this might actually work. Teeth are generally healthy, just seem a few shades darker then I would like. I've also tried whitening strips and my tips became translucent and my teeth became permanently sensitive in specific spots. Calcium and Vitamin K has helped to reduce tooth sensitivity, but I'm not seeing any results in the whitening area.

Turmeric is cheap, easy, and hardly carries any risks whatsoever being so natural.

I will give it a shot for a few days or weeks and see if I can observe any difference. Will take before and after pictures, too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Old thread, but I stumbled upon this article promoting turmeric to whiten teeth (A Quick And Simple Trick For Whitening Teeth Naturally) and I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Author describes a similar situation to mine, which gives me reason to believe this might actually work. Teeth are generally healthy, just seem a few shades darker then I would like. I've also tried whitening strips and my tips became translucent and my teeth became permanently sensitive in specific spots. Calcium and Vitamin K has helped to reduce tooth sensitivity, but I'm not seeing any results in the whitening area.

Turmeric is cheap, easy, and hardly carries any risks whatsoever being so natural.

I will give it a shot for a few days or weeks and see if I can observe any difference. Will take before and after pictures, too.
Awesome, I’ll probably try this too. Thanks for the link.

jzeno

Just want to give a quick update: Only been using this for about 3-4 brushings since my original post yesterday but it does seem to have a positive effect on tooth color.

I'll post before and after images in one week for others to see for themselves.

Motif

Just want to give a quick update: Only been using this for about 3-4 brushings since my original post yesterday but it does seem to have a positive effect on tooth color.

I'll post before and after images in one week for others to see for themselves.

Using what?

jzeno

@Motif

Turmeric.

My original comment is two posts up #36:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom