Teeth Appearance (White, Healthy, Etc.)

Jsaute21

I have been following Peat principles for a year and a half or so. Every measurable of my health has improved but my teeth are quite simply not as white as i would like them to be. I use earthpaste, methylene blue, baking soda, zinc, etc. for my teeth routinely, while flossing. This combination works phenomenally for plaque prevention, and teeth/gum health. What it does not work for is making your teeth look good and white. Not to mention that coffee, mexican cokes, etc. though delicious and nutritious, stain the teeth. Do folks such as @Stryker @tca300 @lisaferraro @DaveFoster @haidut @Regina use commercial toothpaste? I know it is full of crap, but having good breath and white teeth are an important thing to me. Not to mention, i remember seeing a quote from Peat mentioning that brushing our teeth shouldn't be overly harmful if ones sure not to swallow contaminants. Curious in some folks perspective.

RobertJM

Using commercial toothpastes won't whiten anything. I've never stopped using them and they haven't whitened anything for myself.

I'm very interested in any tips to whiten teeth.

Oil pulling (with coconut oil) also doesn't do much.

Going to an expert and getting them whitened professionally is the only option it seems. Unless anyone has any genuine alternative approaches that work?

Once you start losing enamel you are left with dentin, which is yellow and brown in colour.

theLaw

In the last live-stream Danny and Haidut briefly discussed tooth care and maintenance, and Haidut mentioned that brushing is probably not good for enamel, but flossing was important.

This would be especially true for any products with grit as opposed to simply using a brush + soap.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...lse-crazy-about-oral-health-here.10388/page-2

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/kuinone-liquid-vitamin-k2-mk-4.9169/page-5

K2
Eggshell calcium
Avoiding starch
Getting enough macros + micros

Consider the healthy teeth of wild animals; white and dense. Brushing would be no improvement.:cool:

DaveFoster

I have been following Peat principles for a year and a half or so. Every measurable of my health has improved but my teeth are quite simply not as white as i would like them to be. I use earthpaste, methylene blue, baking soda, zinc, etc. for my teeth routinely, while flossing. This combination works phenomenally for plaque prevention, and teeth/gum health. What it does not work for is making your teeth look good and white. Not to mention that coffee, mexican cokes, etc. though delicious and nutritious, stain the teeth. Do folks such as @Stryker @tca300 @lisaferraro @DaveFoster @haidut @Regina use commercial toothpaste? I know it is full of crap, but having good breath and white teeth are an important thing to me. Not to mention, i remember seeing a quote from Peat mentioning that brushing our teeth shouldn't be overly harmful if ones sure not to swallow contaminants. Curious in some folks perspective.
I use Tom's.

cyclops

I've read that activated charcoal could be of use is teeth whitening is the goal. There seems to be many charcoal toothpastes on the market nowadays.

Here is one with good reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VK9Y28/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ingredients
Purified Water (Distilled Water), Xylitol, Diatomite Diatomaceous Earth, Baking Soda, Activated Charcoal, Tea Tree Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Peppermint Oil, Natural Flavors.

You could probably make your own too and leave out some of the questionable ingredients or just use the charcoal alone.

ilikecats

@Jsaute21 you could try swishing some dissolved urea around your mouth for a couple of minutes... urea is used is the main ingredient in some teeth whitening products... and of course peat loves urea

OP
J

Jsaute21

@Jsaute21 you could try swishing some dissolved urea around your mouth for a couple of minutes... urea is used is the main ingredient in some teeth whitening products... and of course peat loves urea

Any link of where to purchase...i appreciate the rec!

OP
J

Jsaute21

I've read that activated charcoal could be of use is teeth whitening is the goal. There seems to be many charcoal toothpastes on the market nowadays.

Here is one with good reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VK9Y28/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ingredients
Purified Water (Distilled Water), Xylitol, Diatomite Diatomaceous Earth, Baking Soda, Activated Charcoal, Tea Tree Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Peppermint Oil, Natural Flavors.

You could probably make your own too and leave out some of the questionable ingredients or just use the charcoal alone.
Charcoal definitely works pretty well. Thanks. i forgot about it tbh. I should probably mention that i have been chewing a lot of nicotine pouches lately. Not helpful in my task for white teeth lol.

I use to scrub my teeth with a mashed strawberry mixed in baking soda, it was the only time people commented on white teeth. You can look at tutorials on YouTube.

D

danishispsychic

a 3 drop solution on MMS swished in the mouth works great for whitening. I brush with DE, and do oil pulling. I use a Silicone toothbrush that does not mess up my gums. Crest white strips are awesome but Im sure not Peaty. Using Peroxide after brushing works too.

Stramonium

Tom's without fluoride, charcoal scrub every 15 days or so and a soft bristle toothbrush. Also rinse your mouth every time you have OJ or something acidic just water is fine

schultz

I was always worried that activated charcoal was too abrasive, but I just looked it up and it seems to have an RDA (relative dentin abrasion) of around 70-90 (it depends on what it's made from I think).

I found this chart (I haven't confirmed it's accuracy, nor do I plan too lol)
https://www.williamsonperio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Toothpaste-Abrasiveness-Ranked-by-RDA.pdf

According to the chart, baking soda has a RDA of 7 and a toothbrush with water has an RDA of 4. Colgate 2-in-1 Tartar Control /Whitening on the other hand has an RDA of 200 and the chart lists anything from 101-150 as highly abrasive.

Stryker

Extremely fine activated charcoal and water after flossing .. I don't use toothpaste.

Every now and then I might put 15mg of K2 MK4 in my mouth and swish it around for as long as possible and it seems to have a greater effect on my teeth compared to just supplementing K2 alone .. whether that be oral or transdermal , dmso or oil based .

I also get a LOT of calcium in my diet .. I don't know if that has a direct effect on teeth whiteness but I average about 3.2g of calcium a day

Kunder

Waterpik or similar. Perhaps not necessarily for white teeth, but crucial for dental health and most importantly good breath.

Several hours after eating something prone to decay like liver, i may brush my teeth, but it is only after using waterpic right after brushing that i can taste and smell the decay being flushed out by the waterpik that the toothbrush didnt even come close to reaching. That’s when you realize just how inffective brushing is.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom