TEENAGER WENT BLIND AFTER ONLY EATING FRIES, CHIPS, WHITE BREAD, SAUSAGES AND HAM

Vinero

Ham and sausages (and other pork products) contain vitamin A in the form of retinoic acid. Also I haven't eaten any vitamin A the last 6 months and I haven't gone blind, in fact my eyes have been getting healthier such as less vascularity and better night vision.

SaltGirl

I would also recommend reading the article as it clearly states:

" Tests showed his body was deficient in nutrients including B12, as well as copper, selenium, and vitamin D"

ExCarniv

Fries, chips, ham, sausages = PUFAs

White bread: Gluten and fortified flour.

Deadly combination.

Tarmander

He had an eye exam and they said they found no abnormalities...if it was VA deficiency you would see xerophthalmia. I could be wrong, but this is a great case against VA being a vitamin from the look of it. He consumes very little VA unless you count the RA in the pork from elementary school to age 17 and no sign of VA deficiency. No mention of night blindness either.

Last edited:
OP
murdoc

murdoc

the statement about Vitamin A was actually a joke. Of course this anecdotal report is no proof of the relationship between Vitamin A and blindness.
Also kind of strange that he is deficient in Vitamin B12 when he eats pork. I mean unless he has some absorption problems it should not be an issue.
And Vitamin D...I mean half of the population or more is deficient in Vitamin D...
I got this link from Chris Masterjohns Twitteraccount. And he responded to one tweet:
"So you don't think B12 deficiency causes optic neuritis? You don't think vitamin A deficiency causes blindness? Or you just disagree with the lab results that he was B12 deficient? Or you think there is vitamin A in fries?"

anniejohnson

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume what everyone here is writing is wrong. That goes for the bogus anti-vitamin A trash that's scattered around here as well.

redsun

the statement about Vitamin A was actually a joke. Of course this anecdotal report is no proof of the relationship between Vitamin A and blindness.
Also kind of strange that he is deficient in Vitamin B12 when he eats pork. I mean unless he has some absorption problems it should not be an issue.
And Vitamin D...I mean half of the population or more is deficient in Vitamin D...
I got this link from Chris Masterjohns Twitteraccount. And he responded to one tweet:
"So you don't think B12 deficiency causes optic neuritis? You don't think vitamin A deficiency causes blindness? Or you just disagree with the lab results that he was B12 deficient? Or you think there is vitamin A in fries?"

If you look, pork is actually pretty low in B12. Out of pork, chicken, and beef, only beef has significant amounts. And we are talking about a teen here, who has much higher B12 requirements then what conventional knowledge will say is necessary because of growth. In my opinion the human B12 requirement is probably much greater then 2.4mcg but that's an argument for another thread.

tankasnowgod

Ham and sausages (and other pork products) contain vitamin A in the form of retinoic acid. Also I haven't eaten any vitamin A the last 6 months and I haven't gone blind, in fact my eyes have been getting healthier such as less vascularity and better night vision.

In the studies that Grant cited on his own website, people who saw benefits to Vitamin A depletion ran into vision problems two to three years into the protocol. The problems reversed in a few weeks after Vitamin A was reintroduced to the diet.

And I also assume you are passed the age of puberty, unlike the boy described in the article.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume what everyone here is writing is wrong. That goes for the bogus anti-vitamin A trash that's scattered around here as well.

I saw no benefits at all restricting Vitamin A, only a worsening of certain conditions. And it was far too restrictive. Things have been far, far better since I reintroduced liver and eggs and OJ. And even Vitamin A supplements. I don't think there is any value to that protocol for individuals who don't have a history with Accutane, or some other confirmed level of Hypervitaminosis A.

tankasnowgod

He had an eye exam and they said they found no abnormalities...if it was VA deficiency you would see xerophthalmia. I could be wrong, but this is a great case against VA being a vitamin from the look of it. He consumes very little VA unless you count the RA in the pork from elementary school to age 17 and no sign of VA deficiency. No mention of night blindness either.

Or it's a great argument that the need for a Vitamin that's necessary for steroid production skyrockets during puberty, when hormones of all sorts are raging, and can cause a deficiency that can lead to vision problems that wouldn't necessarily happen to a small child.

Tarmander

I saw no benefits at all restricting Vitamin A, only a worsening of certain conditions. And it was far too restrictive. Things have been far, far better since I reintroduced liver and eggs and OJ. And even Vitamin A supplements. I don't think there is any value to that protocol for individuals who don't have a history with Accutane, or some other confirmed level of Hypervitaminosis A.
well if it isn't useful to you, must not be useful.

Or it's a great argument that the need for a Vitamin that's necessary for steroid production skyrockets during puberty, when hormones of all sorts are raging, and can cause a deficiency that can lead to vision problems that wouldn't necessarily happen to a small child.
according to the accepted research on vitamin A the guy should have been dead within a couple years. Might have some body uses but obviously not a vitamin in the traditional sense.

tankasnowgod

well if it isn't useful to you, must not be useful.

Didn't say that at all. Specifically made it a point that it was likely useful to those with a history of Accutane usage. That includes most of the testimonials on that thread.

Attakai

A) There is Vitamin A in pork
B) according to the lab tests he was NOT deficient in A.

yerrag

What's striking here is that no ophthalmologist was involved. The blood vessels in his eyes can easily be examined and it would provide more answers.

I wonder what all the electrolyte imbalance and deficiency would do. The capillary walls probably have calcified.

tankasnowgod

A) There is Vitamin A in pork
B) according to the lab tests he was NOT deficient in A.

A. Sure, if you consider the whole animal. But the article states the boy ate "Sausages and Ham." This database lists no Vitamin A at all for the following sausages and ham-

LOUIS RICH, Turkey Smoked Sausage Nutrition Facts & Calories
Ham, sliced, extra lean Nutrition Facts & Calories

B. No such statement was made in the article. The article lists four vitamins and minerals he was deficient in (B12, D, Copper and Selenium), and the phrasing in the article implies that the boy did indeed have other deficiencies. So, the boy may have tested deficient for Vitamin A or Vitamin A might not have been tested at all. But there is nothing in the article to support the claim "according to the lab tests he was NOT deficient in A."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals