Teenage Son height questions

Logan-

What a good way of deflecting an actual question, gtfo mate. If you're gonna say something that's bs, at least prove it.

Here we go again smh. If you think that the modern woman today is marriage material, then either you're sleeping under a rock or you're gonna give me the phone number to your dealer because its apparent you're smoking that good ***t and i want some too.
For real now, you call us cynical and arrogant just because we want a wife thats virgin and that can take care of the house? Thats the exact same lines the cunts who protested for sexual revolution also said. Tell me, how many women in the west are virgins today compared to 100+ years ago? If you think that women today aren't promiscuous like hell at their youth, then you need a reality check my friend.

And before you call me MGTOW and all that crap, I ain't an Incel, i think that movement is closed off of society in a bad way, but they arent lying when it comes to the state of the world today.

I'm virgin LMAO, Islam forbids sex before marriage, that's the sin of zina and could get you stoned for both men and women, or if you live outside Saudi Arabia and Iran, you'll just get shunned by every muslim in the vicinity, basically you're forced to be Isolated from society, that's how shameful zina is.

I discuss, if there’s somebody worthy of discussion. If not, I don’t waste my time.

I don’t think my comment, which was aimed at the OP, needs a clarification; but I will assert a simple and general form in argumentation: Something playing a role in the occurrence of a phenomena is different than it being the only determinant. Before asking questions, one should make sure he or she is not attributing ideas to me that I have not asserted in my post.

Biological and environmental factors also play a role in height, but heritability of height is well documented.

Last edited:

BrianF

My son is 15 and 5'3". His mom is worried that he won't get over 5'6" as she believes "in the science", that is to say, her doctor took radiation causing x-rays of my son and said he will only be 5'6'".
Any suggestions?
I am 5'10" and I know that mTor is stimulated by protein and that over the decades the Japanese have gotten taller due to more protein.
One other thing, my nephew who is now 15 was taken to the doctor by my sister (5,7') and her husband (5'11') because he was so short. Doctors said nothing was wrong until my sister insisted on more tests and they eventually diagnosed celiac disease and the reason he was so short was because he was no absorbing the nutrients. To be fair he had had gastric issues and they knew something was up.

If going full European in the diet doesn't increase his height, then check for something like this.

Logan-

To the OP: You may benefit from reading Ray Peat’s email exchanges, especially his replies to parents asking him what their adolescent sons/daughters should eat and what activities they should be involved in. There are important differences in his thoughts on what adults should eat vs. what growing humans should eat.

I think, supplemental vitamin D, vitamin K, lots of dairy, meat, eggs, sugar (in the form of sugared fruit juice), consuming bone broth and natural aromatase inhibitors like well cooked mushrooms, eating liver regularly for micronutrients, making sure he never skips breakfast etc. could be especially helpful.

tankasnowgod

You are one of the most high-serotonin members of this forum.
Thanks for your medical diagnosis based on nothing.
Most, if not all, of your comments display this pattern.
Oh, and what pattern is that? Have you gone through all 7000+ posts I have made? Or, at the very least, looked at all the topics I have posted?
You are not worthy of a discussion aimed at finding the truth, because 1) you are not suited for it, 2) that is not your aim.
Ridiculous. I always balk at the "genetics play a role" comment, because it's never based on any facts. Nor does anyone offer a way to check their SNIPS to find out.

Here is a link on how to read your 23 and Me raw data to see if you have the genes associated with Hemochromatosis- 23andme Hemochromatosis HFE status using DNA raw data

You got any such source that can back up your claim of a tallness gene or genes? Something we could actually verify or falsify? If so, why not post this, as it would potentially help the OP. And do these gene or genes determine a specific height? Or a range of height? After all, if it's found that "such and such gene determines a height range from 5 feet to 7 feet tall," that's not very useful, since the vast majority of the adult population fits into those parameters, with rare exceptions like Yao Ming and Warwick Davis.

For the record, Haidut posted a study suggesting that Protein Quality was more important than genetics in determining male height- Protein Quality, Not Genes, Determine Male Height

Last edited:

Birdie

My 16 yo grandson was 6'2" the last time he allowed my daughter to measure him. His grandfather is 6'6", his mother is 5'10". I am or was 5'7.25". His father who died was 6'3" I think. That grandfather is around 6'1"... All of us pretty tall people.

My grandson doesn't eat much protein. Likes those frozen tajitos... Pepperidge Farms Fish Crackers... But this isn't proof. Just sharing anecdotal info here.

OccamzRazer

My 16 yo grandson was 6'2" the last time he allowed my daughter to measure him. His grandfather is 6'6", his mother is 5'10". I am or was 5'7.25". His father who died was 6'3" I think. That grandfather is around 6'1"... All of us pretty tall people.

My grandson doesn't eat much protein. Likes those frozen tajitos... Pepperidge Farms Fish Crackers... But this isn't proof. Just sharing anecdotal info here.
Aghhh why don't you intervene before this poor grandson of yours begins spawning progressively tiny offspring?!

Pablo Cruise

My son is 15 and 5'3". His mom is worried that he won't get over 5'6" as she believes "in the science", that is to say, her doctor took radiation causing x-rays of my son and said he will only be 5'6'".
Any suggestions?
I am 5'10" and I know that mTor is stimulated by protein and that over the decades the Japanese have gotten taller due to more protein.
V
Get him on growth hormore if bones have not closed. Asap.

Pedigree

the same approach which would be used to balding: anything which tends to reduce calcification.

lots of sodium, lots of calcium etc and most importantly lots of energy

JamesGatz

I have done a lot of growing recently - about 3 inches in height and I currently wear a 8XL in shirts (I'm not fat but my ribcage is quiet large) and I currently wear size 16 3E shoes and am still growing. If my rate of growth continues I will wear a size 18-20 in a few months.

If you would like to grow taller all you really need to do in my view is maintain a healthy metabolism - DHT is your best friend and you need to kind of place pressure on extending your limbs (that's what I did) and vice versa if you want wider bones and genitals - the only time I stop growing is when I am under stress or when my Progesterone is too high and my androgens are being suppressed. An example of an exercise I did for height was hanging from a pull-up bar for a few minutes each day - the changes are permanent if your metabolism can support the growth.

A word to the wise: if you plan on partaking in this journey - you will eventually need to learn how to sew/use a sewing machine and make your own clothes and shoes - that's what I'm doing now and it is not easy.

Nomane Euger

@JamesGatz how long do you think the 3 inch growth took place?wich things are you refering when you say things that potentially participate in your DHT and growth increase,whever in terms of foods or life style factors?

AspiringSage

Any suggestions?

Bio available protein is definitely important it’s like a prerequisite for growth. But you are likely facing powerful hormonal drivers and limiters. Substances that have the ability to change gene expression and the timing of growth plate fusion.

Estrogen is largely responsible for fusing growth plates and limiting final height. In males estrogen is primary made from testosterone by the aromatase enzyme. Blocking the enzyme leaves testosterone levels normal (or perhaps even somewhat increased) but decreases estrogen levels. Aromatase inhibitors like exemestane have been around for decades and saw their first use at high doses in the treatment of estrogen driven breast cancer. Lower doses are commonly used by body builders to control estrogen levels; so, it’s all over the grey/black market. Sometimes it’s also prescribed for men on TRT/HRT or for postmenopausal women to prevent osteoporosis.

More innovative endocrinologist in places like Sweden have been prescribing low doses to delay growth plate fusion in teenage males. Sometimes in combination with growth hormone, often without.

All of these thoughts are shared as general info and not medical advise outside of my lab ferrets gaming account in Minecraft. My lab ferret has found low and moderate doses of exemestane to be well tolerated and effective for reducing estrogen. Fixing his hormones has changed his life and sometimes he gets excited and runs around on my keyboard - I can’t be held responsible for these posts.

Adding Aromatase Inhibitors to Growth Hormone May Boost Boys’ Height

Combination GH and Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy Increases Height Potential in Pubertal Boys with ISS

“Researchers led by Nelly Mauras, MD, of Nemours Children’s Health System in Jacksonville, Fla. point out that short children’s linear growth is hindered by estrogen’s effect on epiphyseal fusion. ‘Increasing height potential in growth-retarded children during puberty is often complicated by the inexorable tempo of epiphyseal fusion caused by pubertal sex steroids, greatly limiting the time available for growth,’ the authors write.”

Height outcomes in children with growth hormone deficiency and idiopathic short stature treated concomitantly with growth hormone and aromatase inhibitor therapy: data from the ANSWER program

General info on aromatase inhibitors in pediatrics
Aromatase inhibitors in pediatrics

VitoScaletta

Bio available protein is definitely important it’s like a prerequisite for growth. But you are likely facing powerful hormonal drivers and limiters. Substances that have the ability to change gene expression and the timing of growth plate fusion.

Estrogen is largely responsible for fusing growth plates and limiting final height. In males estrogen is primary made from testosterone by the aromatase enzyme. Blocking the enzyme leaves testosterone levels normal (or perhaps even somewhat increased) but decreases estrogen levels. Aromatase inhibitors like exemestane have been around for decades and saw their first use at high doses in the treatment of estrogen driven breast cancer. Lower doses are commonly used by body builders to control estrogen levels; so, it’s all over the grey/black market. Sometimes it’s also prescribed for men on TRT/HRT or for postmenopausal women to prevent osteoporosis.

More innovative endocrinologist in places like Sweden have been prescribing low doses to delay growth plate fusion in teenage males. Sometimes in combination with growth hormone, often without.

All of these thoughts are shared as general info and not medical advise outside of my lab ferrets gaming account in Minecraft. My lab ferret has found low and moderate doses of exemestane to be well tolerated and effective for reducing estrogen. Fixing his hormones has changed his life and sometimes he gets excited and runs around on my keyboard - I can’t be held responsible for these posts.

Adding Aromatase Inhibitors to Growth Hormone May Boost Boys’ Height

Combination GH and Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy Increases Height Potential in Pubertal Boys with ISS

“Researchers led by Nelly Mauras, MD, of Nemours Children’s Health System in Jacksonville, Fla. point out that short children’s linear growth is hindered by estrogen’s effect on epiphyseal fusion. ‘Increasing height potential in growth-retarded children during puberty is often complicated by the inexorable tempo of epiphyseal fusion caused by pubertal sex steroids, greatly limiting the time available for growth,’ the authors write.”

Height outcomes in children with growth hormone deficiency and idiopathic short stature treated concomitantly with growth hormone and aromatase inhibitor therapy: data from the ANSWER program

General info on aromatase inhibitors in pediatrics
Aromatase inhibitors in pediatrics
Well said!

crestind

Most people in industrialized nations probably don't suffer from any dietary deficiencies which would have any dramatic, negative impact on final adult height.

I would be interested in, but also doubt the existence of, any studies showing evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

YamnayaMommy

My husband and his brother are both six feet. His brother married a short woman and their 3 children are short. I am 5’10” and our three children are tall. All of my observations of family resemblances suggest that genes play a dominant (not saying only) role in height.

David PS

I agree with the idea of increasing milk products. Miilk is easiest to comsume in large quantities. Ice cream was my solution to get my youngest son to consume more dairy.

I have noticed that teenagers often have growth spurts during the summer months. It is noticeable wihen they return to school. I thnk it may be the summer sun and being outside.
1661006526564.png

David PS

growth-plates-what-you-need-know.

When Do Growth Plates Close in People?​

It is difficult to predict exactly when each growth plate will close because different bones stop growing at different times, explains Elizabeth Hubbard, MD, a Duke pediatric orthopaedic surgeon. There is an average time when the growth plates in the long bones should close.
Most children grow an average of two years after they have completed their pubertal growth spurt. The age at which puberty starts is quite variable depending on many factors including race, gender, and body habitus. On average, females stop growing around age 13 to 15, and boys around age 15 to 17.
Obviously many children continue to gain some height into their late teen years, but the vast majority of growth is over by these ages.

The of growth plate maturation for boys is concerning but averages are just averages. It may be best to assume that growth is possible for any indivual for the entire range of ages. This chart goes up to 20 years of age for a reason.
1661045449066.png

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

growth-plates-what-you-need-know.

The of growth plate maturation for boys is concerning but averages are just averages. It may be best to assume that growth is possible for any indivual for the entire range of ages. This chart goes up to 20 years of age for a reason.
View attachment 40835
I'm 27 and started growing again last year after introducing lots of raw dairy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals