Teenage Son height questions

joaquin

My son is 15 and 5'3". His mom is worried that he won't get over 5'6" as she believes "in the science", that is to say, her doctor took radiation causing x-rays of my son and said he will only be 5'6'".
Any suggestions?
I am 5'10" and I know that mTor is stimulated by protein and that over the decades the Japanese have gotten taller due to more protein.

Martin

My son is 15 and 5'3". His mom is worried that he won't get over 5'6" as she believes "in the science", that is to say, her doctor took radiation causing x-rays of my son and said he will only be 5'6'".
Any suggestions?
I am 5'10" and I know that mTor is stimulated by protein and that over the decades the Japanese have gotten taller due to more protein.

BrianF

Potatoes not rice, plenty meat, milk if he can handle it. And exercise, not too much, but get him moving.

D

Doer

Potatoes not rice, plenty meat, milk if he can handle it. And exercise, not too much, but get him moving.
Does rice contain anything harmful or are you simply suggesting to replace it with potatoes for the better mineral content?

OP
joaquin

joaquin

That is almost verbatim what I thinking.

OP
joaquin

joaquin

Kvothe

Making sure his thryoid function is robust, and correcting it, if neccessary will increase growth and delay growth plate fusion. Obviously getting enough calcium is important, too.

BrianF

Does rice contain anything harmful or are you simply suggesting to replace it with potatoes for the better mineral content?
My thinking is that potatoes have more protein than rice. And protein is the main driver in height.

I know that potatoes on their own don't guarantee height as traditional potatoes eating nations like in South and Central America weren't tall, and neither were the Irish when ever they relied on potatoes and not much else. However, potatoes combined with good meat like the modern Irish and most Western nations are relatively tall. And dairy with its high calcium and decent amounts of protein would be the optimum. See the Dutch as an example.

Just my theory though..

OccamzRazer

Any suggestions?
Sunlight, raw milk, vitamin K2.

I was 5'6 at that age and am a little over 6 feet tall now...still growing, albeit slowly...

tankasnowgod

Doctors are much worse at predicting the future than Miss Cleo. Why would you believe their predictions?

If he really believes this, why not get him to sign an Affidavit where the doctor is penalized $500,000 for every inch taller than 5' 6" that your son grows? I'm sure he would balk at that.

OP
joaquin

joaquin

Doctors are much worse at predicting the future than Miss Cleo. Why would you believe their predictions?

If he really believes this, why not get him to sign an Affidavit where the doctor is penalized $500,000 for every inch taller than 5' 6" that your son grows? I'm sure he would balk at that.
I don't put much trust in the doctors; it's his mother who is caught up in the science-experts-religion. Anything I learn she relates to something "found on the internet" with pejorative slant.

FrostedShores

I'm 6'6", and my entire family is tall - the men are all six feet or taller, and the women are quite tall as well. My family basically lives off milk and other dairy products. Growing up, I drank at least 2 quarts of milk a day, sometimes closer to a gallon. Also ate a lot of potatoes and red meat. Never really ate much in terms of vegetables, but we did eat a lot of fruit - cherries, apples, oranges, pomegranates, etc. I'd say the main thing is milk, though.
Could just be genetics, but I think my family is tall largely due to our love of dairy. If your son can't tolerate cow's milk, try goat's milk. It's delicious!

Logan-

If you are so sure of this, what SNIP can he search on his "23 & Me" data to find out?

You are one of the most high-serotonin members of this forum. Most, if not all, of your comments display this pattern. You are not worthy of a discussion aimed at finding the truth, because 1) you are not suited for it, 2) that is not your aim.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

You are one of the most high-serotonin members of this forum. Most, if not all, of your comments display this pattern. You are not worthy of a discussion aimed at finding the truth, because 1) you are not suited for it, 2) that is not your aim.
his actual comment to wich you answered is a legit question,your response is "high serotonin",he questionned your claim with a simple question,you ignored it,you answered by criticizing his overall character,and assuming his intentions with no bases

Goat-e

Lots of Milk. I remember reading the Dutch were a bunch of short swamp dwellers in the past but then drained the swamps and got cattle. They're now pretty tall on average. Obviously haven't got a study to back this up.

TheCedar1

What a good way of deflecting an actual question, gtfo mate. If you're gonna say something that's bs, at least prove it.

shine

Any suggestions?

7 IU of HGH daily.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=029rC6k0Sq4