Teaser Trailer For Our Peat-inspired Documentary, On The Back Of A Tiger

tara

messtafarian said:
CAN'T WAIT.
I'd be surprised if RP would let a dentist anywhere near him due to the radiation alone.

:). I bet he's waiting for his third set to come in.
I think Peat has said he found a dentist in Mexico who was skilled and did not require x-rays.

cats

I recall that in an interview one of the filmmakers said that they had released all of their raw footage. Does anyone know how to get this footage?

burtlancast

Ditto.
It's been now 2.5 years.

burtlancast

Where would you be without me ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The original release date was supposed to be Spring 2015. It's coming up on 3 years soon. I'm glad I didn't donate. Not trying to be rude but come on. 3 years? I know it's a unique situation with many of the interviewees passing away but that fact could've been put an the end of the film with tributes to each person. Are they going to wait another 20 years for Peat to pass to complete the film so all the iconoclast interviewees are all gone?

burtlancast

Was the doc shown at a festival ?

Lyla

Indeed. Like lots of people here I was so holding out for this film...
Does anyone here have a contact email for the film makers? would like to ask them directly but cannot find anything on the internet.

OP
bradley

bradley

Hey all, it’s Brad from the Tiger team. It’s a bummer I’m only seeing this thread now. We’ve been posting updates (teasers, articles, etc) to our facebook and kickstarter page, but will make sure to check in here more often.

We were definitely naive in our initial estimates, and that has been our biggest fault for sure. We’ve learned that a few years is the norm when making a film of this magnitude, with some taking much longer. This is especially the case when there’s literally two people working on it. We have however hired a great writer to craft the narration, and this is helping move things along faster.

We’ve been taking extra time for a few reasons. One being the need to make a living (food, rent, family) while making the film (every dime from the Kickstarter goes into production). And even more importantly, we want to do this right. This film has the potential to make a big impact. But only if it’s attractive to a wider audience, and not just the Peat-aware. It’d be much easier to preach to the choir, but we’d rather take the more difficult path if we can reach 10’s or 100’s of thousands.

We’ve also been in touch with Peat throughout the process, sending him updates on our story structure and getting valuable feedback from him. He is still in full support.

Shoot us any questions you have. Here or via E-mail: [email protected]

The patience will pay off.

Brad & Jeremy

Hey all, it’s Brad from the Tiger team. It’s a bummer I’m only seeing this thread now. We’ve been posting updates (teasers, articles, etc) to our facebook and kickstarter page, but will make sure to check in here more often.

We were definitely naive in our initial estimates, and that has been our biggest fault for sure. We’ve learned that a few years is the norm when making a film of this magnitude, with some taking much longer. This is especially the case when there’s literally two people working on it. We have however hired a great writer to craft the narration, and this is helping move things along faster.

We’ve been taking extra time for a few reasons. One being the need to make a living (food, rent, family) while making the film (every dime from the Kickstarter goes into production). And even more importantly, we want to do this right. This film has the potential to make a big impact. But only if it’s attractive to a wider audience, and not just the Peat-aware. It’d be much easier to preach to the choir, but we’d rather take the more difficult path if we can reach 10’s or 100’s of thousands.

We’ve also been in touch with Peat throughout the process, sending him updates on our story structure and getting valuable feedback from him. He is still in full support.

Shoot us any questions you have. Here or via E-mail: [email protected]

The patience will pay off.

Brad & Jeremy

Thanks for the update - always checking for latest news

ddjd

yeah i would go easy on the guys. Theyre putting in so much effort to get this message out to the mainstream

Say what you will about Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn (I'll say that they are probably leftist cucks) but they know how to get to the "mainstream." They got both of their films ("Cowspiracy" and "What The Health") on Netflix, they got on the Joe Rogan podcast which is one of the biggest podcasts and they were on "The Doctors" mainstream daytime TV show arguing with them about sugar and fat. They also got cucks Leo DiCaprio and Joaquin Phoenix to executive "produce," which just means that they saw their films and liked them so to stroke themselves they probably sent Keegan and Kip an email and said "put our names in the opening credits.."

The potential problem for "On The Back Of A Tiger" is that it might be too boring for the mainstream and/or too "science-ey." There is already a documentary that touched on things similar to "On The Back Of A Tiger" called "I AM" by film director Tom Shadyac who did the big Jim Carrey movies.

I Am (2010 American documentary film) - Wikipedia

The paradox of "On The Back Of A Tiger" could also be that while they are telling you to "Percieve, think and act" they are also telling you that poofa is toxic and sugar is healthy and other things that could suggest to put together an action plan for health, like "their way is wrong and has been wrong for decades, do it our way instead.." Kip and Keegan also said sugar doesn't cause diabetes and got nothing but hate for it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be said.

Don't get me wrong. I love that Peat's face is going to be in a film and that they got some of the other great iconoclasts on film before they passed. But what I'm saying is don't expect to change the world by telling them to avoid veg. oil and eat more fruit. It's not gonna happen. Plus there are already people doing that. It's fun for the small amount of people that are interested in this area but that's really it.

But what's so great about making it to the "mainstream" anyway? It's overrated. The only good thing about it is getting some fame and money, depending on the level you reach. Other than that, it's highly unlikely that you'll dramatically change the academic scientific authoritarians to do something different. You might get a couple of outliers though.

Last edited:

theLaw

Say what you will about Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn (I'll say that they are probably leftist cucks) but they know how to get to the "mainstream." They got both their films on Netflix, they got on the Joe Rogan podcast which is one of the biggest podcasts and they were on "The Doctors" mainstream daytime TV show arguing with them about sugar and fat.

The potential problem for "On The Back Of A Tiger" is that it might be too boring for the mainstream and/or too "science-ey." There is already a documentary that touched on things similar to "On The Back Of A Tiger" called "I AM" by film director Tom Shadyac who did the big Jim Carrey movies.

I Am (2010 American documentary film) - Wikipedia

The paradox of "On The Back Of A Tiger" could also be that while they are telling you to "Percieve, think and act" they are also telling you that poofa is toxic and sugar is healthy and other things that could suggest to put together an action plan for health, like "their way is wrong and has been wrong for decades, do it our way instead.." Kip and Keegan also said sugar doesn't cause diabetes and got nothing but hate for it, it seems. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be said.

Don't get me wrong. I love that Peat's face is going to be in a film and that they got some of the other great iconoclasts on film before they passed. But what I'm saying is don't expect to change the world by telling them to avoid veg. oil and eat more fruit. It's not gonna happen. Plus there are already people doing that. It's fun for the small amount of people that are interested in this area but that's really it.

But what's so great about making it to the "mainstream" anyway? It's overrated. The only good thing about it is getting some fame and money, depending on the level you reach. Other than that, it's highly unlikely that you'll dramatically change the academic scientific authoritarians to do something different. You might get a couple of outliers though.

I think what you're getting at here is the lack of aggression from the filmmakers of OTBOAT.

Right now they're searching for leverage to get the film out to as many people as possible, but they don't have the aggression or drive necessary to get it to a large audience, so they're playing the mind-game of "if we can only make it compelling enough, then it will reach a wide audience". Sadly, this is not how the film business works..........especially in today's entertainment market.

What they need is something so drastically impressive that it demands attention, like a cure for cancer. In other words: "be so good that they can't ignore you."- Steve Martin

At 3.5yrs into this project, with admitted financial issues, it's probably time for the filmmakers to realize that "perfect is the enemy of good", and have a come to Jesus meeting about their realistic expectations of this work.

Much like Ray Peat's dietary philosophy, this is not the type of material you can approach as a hobby.

Regardless, I wish them the best of luck, and look forward to seeing the finished product.:D

I think what you're getting at here is the lack of aggression from the filmmakers of OTBOAT.

Right now they're searching for leverage to get the film out to as many people as possible, but they don't have the aggression or drive necessary to get it to a large audience, so they're playing the mind-game of "if we can only make it compelling enough, then it will reach a wide audience". Sadly, this is not how the film business works..........especially in today's entertainment market.

What they need is something so drastically impressive that it demands attention, like a cure for cancer. In other words: "be so good that they can't ignore you."- Steve Martin

At 3.5yrs into this project, with admitted financial issues, it's probably time for the filmmakers to realize that "perfect is the enemy of good", and have a come to Jesus meeting about their realistic expectations of this work.

Much like Ray Peat's dietary philosophy, this is not the type of material you can approach as a hobby.

Regardless, I wish them the best of luck, and look forward to seeing the finished product.:D
Ok but if they’re working other jobs you need to respect the struggle. And we all know kickstarter is never enough for doing the project full-time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals