Tearful After Reducing Stress And Cortisol By Removing PUFA

koreus

Since I removed PUFAs + processed foods and grains from my diet I have felt much higher energy and lower stress. It's been about 6 weeks since I started. I'm also doing fortnightly liver, daily D3 and daily raw carrot salad.

Just over the past few days I have noticed I'm more emotionally sensitive. Not in an out of control mood swings kind of a way but more that I feel more empathy and have short moments of feeling into things. For example I was reading an article about a man who committed suicide. Usually I would just file it away and move on but instead for a moment I felt into the pain his family must have felt and how he must have felt (based on what was known). I almost teared up a little then rapidly came back to baseline on willing myself to move on.

I feel determined and strong like I have the strength to help bear others burdens instead of just surviving. I realise now that I've been emotionally blocked by chronic stress and fatigue for the past two years and its finally cleared up and I can remember what it was like before.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Jessie

I think improved metabolism can make people more sensitive to what they're feeling for sure. After being in the stress driven metabolism for too long, many people begin to develop pseudo-sociopathic like traits, essentially tuning other people's life experiences out to the point they can no longer empathize or even sympathize with them. This is probably a very deep seeded internal defense mechanism on the organism's behalf. If it can tune others out, it has a better chance of focusing on it's own return to homeostasis, theoretically speaking.

mrchibbs

I think improved metabolism can make people more sensitive to what they're feeling for sure. After being in the stress driven metabolism for too long, many people begin to develop pseudo-sociopathic like traits, essentially tuning other people's life experiences out to the point they can no longer empathize or even sympathize with them. This is probably a very deep seeded internal defense mechanism on the organism's behalf. If it can tune others out, it has a better chance of focusing on it's own return to homeostasis, theoretically speaking.

Exactly. Before I became sick I had a lot of empathy and emotions.

As you become ill and your metabolism shuts down, you start to disconnect from the rest of the world. That's the hibernating physiology of serotonin. I experienced it, started not caring about other people, and not feeling anything deeply.

When it all came back, it came back hard and it was a deluge of emotions, and I too realized that I had a been emotionally blocked just like you were. Energy is at the root of life.

Jessie

Exactly. Before I became sick I had a lot of empathy and emotions.

As you become ill and your metabolism shuts down, you start to disconnect from the rest of the world. That's the hibernating physiology of serotonin. I experienced it, started not caring about other people, and not feeling anything deeply.

When it all came back, it came back hard and it was a deluge of emotions, and I too realized that I had a been emotionally blocked just like you were. Energy is at the root of life.
Yeah, I think it all makes sense when you put that way. Cause like, when the metabolism is healthy, and energy flow is good, everything is turned outward into the world. When the metabolism is sick, things turn inward for recuperation.

Vegancrossfit

It’s true that soooo many people have this Me myself and I attitude in this country.

Automatically assuming that there’s an underlying problem.

mrchibbs

It’s true that soooo many people have this Me myself and I attitude in this country.

Automatically assuming that there’s an underlying problem.

I think people are that way because they're just not well.

gaze

Yea I agree with the others posted and expirenced it myself, sometimes after long bouts of ill heAlth I’ll have a moment of clarity where I realize how big my egos been and everything’s been about me me me. but at the end of the day you have to forgive yourself for your past self, as it’s only natural for this to happen as it’s ur body’s survival mechanism to find out what’s bothering it. I think ray would describe this survival mechanism as the PTH, so vitamin D and Calcium have a calming effect to where you can look past the immediate circumstance

Last edited:

GutFeeling

If I'm not mistaking, a study on the effects of serotonin depletion on humans found an increase in all emotions, I think they included empathy.
SSRI can cause an extreme lack of empathy.

Haidut commented on a podcast with Danny that bad health can trigger psychopathic like behavior, as empathy is very costly.

There are a few studies suggesting that just stress can turn a common person in a complete psycho.

I can relate that after peating I became much more empathetic and sometimes more emotional.

Tarmander

The empathy is one side of the equation, perhaps progesterone based... but there is also another side, which is high dopamine driving you forward and blocking out any other feelings

If I'm not mistaking, a study on the effects of serotonin depletion on humans found an increase in all emotions, I think they included empathy.
SSRI can cause an extreme lack of empathy.

Haidut commented on a podcast with Danny that bad health can trigger psychopathic like behavior, as empathy is very costly.

There are a few studies suggesting that just stress can turn a common person in a complete psycho.

I can relate that after peating I became much more empathetic and sometimes more emotional.
@GutFeeling
+1 Agree totally, particularly SSRI, Prozac in my case. I couldn't stand being on it.

Mauritio

I get the same from microdosing lsd . So probably lower serotonin higher dopamin .