That's what I thought too, thanks for the reply
Loving this supplement.
It's working wonders for my insulin resistance

LCohen

@LCohen
That's what I thought too, thanks for the reply
Loving this supplement.
It's working wonders for my insulin resistance

Yep, I'm in love with Taurine too. Stops my pounding heart, fixes my digestive issues, relieves anxiety.. I can't see even one side effect.

Frankdee20

What would be the risks of taking 2/3 grams of taurine in the long term? Say multiple months

Perhaps - downregulated GABA receptors. This is very unclear though, limited Data available.

Frankdee20

Yep, I'm in love with Taurine too. Stops my pounding heart, fixes my digestive issues, relieves anxiety.. I can't see even one side effect.

I must say the same as well, my favorite supplement.

Frankdee20

I've indeed read that taurine can act as a GABA a agonist. Is it what you're referring to?
Can't remember if the action was weak or strong.

Maybe cycled with GABA antagonist such as Gingko, Muira Puama, Zinc, wormwood could counteract the effect

Top 15 Natural Ways to Increase GABA - Selfhacked

Weather Tuarine directly potentiates GABA - A circuitry is something I am uncertain of. It is likely Tuarine has unidentified binding sites, and could be considered its own nuero messenger. It likely fortifies GABA transmission, along with Glycine, and Beta Alanine.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Taurine inhibits glutamate firing and is a GABA agonist, thus is very helpful for anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc. Glycine and taurine-rich food, such as scallops do actually promote fat loss. But just the fact that taurine is so pro-metabolism will have a very beneficial effect on fat loss.

Hans

Forum Supporter
What do you think an optimal dose for these benefits would be?
That would depend on your sensitivity to taurine. Some people feel an effect on 500mg and less, while other need much bigger doses. Taurine is generally very safe and well tolerated and can be used in doses of 5g and higher. So you'll have to experiment to see for yourself.

Keep in mind, serotonin also stimulates the release of glutamate (via the 5-HT2A receptor) which contribute to these symptoms. So focusing on lowering serotonin would also be a great idea.
Ornithine, lysine, glycine, theanine, taurine, magnesium, niacinamide, aspirin, etc., should all have an anti-anxiety effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals