Taurine

EIRE24

Would Taurine have a negative effect on fat loss? Taking it at the moment and wondering would it hinder my fat loss goals?

Muckl3

OP
E

EIRE24

Taurine is the best supplement I have ever taken, Been on taurine a couple of years and it’s not hindered my fat loss (as far as I know). I have lost over 70lbs in that time.

I take 2g with EAA during my work out then 2g+ pre bed as well as using it topically on my scalp.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...cine-and-or-taurine-may-prevent-obesity.3625/

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/taurine-the-key-to-restoring-metabolic-function.6522/
Thanks for the reply mate. I also find it very helpful. I have a digestion issue and the Taurine has been helping with it. I still have no idea what the issue is, as it comes and goes. I am hoping it clears up soon but I will be continuing to take the Taurine. Which one do you use?

brix

Taurine is the best supplement I have ever taken, Been on taurine a couple of years and it’s not hindered my fat loss (as far as I know). I have lost over 70lbs in that time.

I take 2g with EAA during my work out then 2g+ pre bed as well as using it topically on my scalp.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...cine-and-or-taurine-may-prevent-obesity.3625/

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/taurine-the-key-to-restoring-metabolic-function.6522/

What have you noticed from using it topically? And what do you mix it with?

vulture

You lost all that Peating?

Mossy

Taurine is the best supplement I have ever taken...
This is pretty much my experience. I am hypersensitive to all supplements (even a tad to taurine), but taurine tends to fill the gaps, mend the tears, and balance things out better than anything I take. I don't take a lot at all (50mg max per dose), and I purposely only use it when I need it. Maybe if I used it regularly I wouldn't even feel bad.

I've used it topically for hair loss for about 10 months with nothing exceptional to report. Maybe it helped with hair color, and slowing hair loss, but no regrowth, and still receding. Even so, I think I'll take it up again, in the hopes that more time with it may pay off.

Muckl3

You lost all that Peating?
No I lost that due to going from a job behind a desk for 10 years to a job of being on my feet for 12 hours a day.

I do follow allot of the peat ideas more so supplementing my diet though with things I don’t feel I get enough of.

Food wise I don’t cut anything out, I eat what I want. While I do agree that certain foods can raise E or serotonin and so on.....what I’m not convinced of is that the percentages of what they do matters. Yeah maybe bananas raise serotonin but by how much and it’s not like I’m pounding the things everyday.

Myself and allot of others have injected test for months on end, not one sign of high E, yet a person on this forum eats a piece of fruit and says there getting high e symptoms.

Sorry just my opinion but I think balance is more important and having a life.

Muckl3

This is pretty much my experience. I am hypersensitive to all supplements (even a tad to taurine), but taurine tends to fill the gaps, mend the tears, and balance things out better than anything I take. I don't take a lot at all (50mg max per dose), and I purposely only use it when I need it. Maybe if I used it regularly I wouldn't even feel bad.

I've used it topically for hair loss for about 10 months with nothing exceptional to report. Maybe it helped with hair color, and slowing hair loss, but no regrowth, and still receding. Even so, I think I'll take it up again, in the hopes that more time with it may pay off.

What percentage of taurine are you using in your topical?

I felt pretty off with taurine if no sugar is taken with it, my intra is eaa + sugars and before bed I have it in a protein shake with milk and normally a coke drank before it, not purposely but that seems to be how it pans out.

Second to taurine for me is t3, these 2 things are what I feel my body’s needed for years :)

Mossy

What percentage of taurine are you using in your topical?

I felt pretty off with taurine if no sugar is taken with it, my intra is eaa + sugars and before bed I have it in a protein shake with milk and normally a coke drank before it, not purposely but that seems to be how it pans out.

Second to taurine for me is t3, these 2 things are what I feel my body’s needed for years :)
If I’m not a complete dunce, I think this recipe, which is the latest I’ve used, is for 5%.

• Taurine: 6000 mg
• Distilled water: 96 g
• Alcohol: 24 g

I don’t ever remember if the dry ingredient going into the wet is added to the total, or is absorbed by it. So, if it’s added to, it would be a 4.8% solution.

That’s interesting, about the sugar. I’ll keep that in mind, to prevent any quirks when taking it.

I’m very interested in T3, but have yet to try it, due to all the widely varying results. I couldn’t handle a prolonged high increase in heart rate or anxiety, which I’ve read about. If taurine is so successful for you, as it is for me, maybe T3 will be successful for me as well. Do you have a thread with any detail on how you’re taking it, or is it something that would be easy to relay here?

Muckl3

If I’m not a complete dunce, I think this recipe, which is the latest I’ve used, is for 5%.

• Taurine: 6000 mg
• Distilled water: 96 g
• Alcohol: 24 g

I don’t ever remember if the dry ingredient going into the wet is added to the total, or is absorbed by it. So, if it’s added to, it would be a 4.8% solution.

That’s interesting, about the sugar. I’ll keep that in mind, to prevent any quirks when taking it.

I’m very interested in T3, but have yet to try it, due to all the widely varying results. I couldn’t handle a prolonged high increase in heart rate or anxiety, which I’ve read about. If taurine is so successful for you, as it is for me, maybe T3 will be successful for me as well. Do you have a thread with any detail on how you’re taking it, or is it something that would be easy to relay here?

I think it’s a good percentage but for some reason I find a lower concentration works better and possibly it’s because it’s easier to absorb into the scalp, not sure. I’m using 2g per 100ml but spraying it multiple times a day, what I do is have a little box always sitting out with my stuff in it and when I pass it I just spray now and again, so no set routine.

T3 doesn’t really effect my heart rate much. But I know it does with others. My gf has started using it too, she’s loving it. My fave thing about t3 is the nutrient portioning effects and it makes me drop water like nothing else :)

My staples are taurine, t3, magnesium. Been thinking of adding k2 mk4 and d3 too again.

Topicals = taurine, caffeine, NIACINAMIDE, succinic acid.

Mossy

I think it’s a good percentage but for some reason I find a lower concentration works better and possibly it’s because it’s easier to absorb into the scalp, not sure. I’m using 2g per 100ml but spraying it multiple times a day, what I do is have a little box always sitting out with my stuff in it and when I pass it I just spray now and again, so no set routine.

T3 doesn’t really effect my heart rate much. But I know it does with others. My gf has started using it too, she’s loving it. My fave thing about t3 is the nutrient portioning effects and it makes me drop water like nothing else :)

My staples are taurine, t3, magnesium. Been thinking of adding k2 mk4 and d3 too again.

Topicals = taurine, caffeine, NIACINAMIDE, succinic acid.
When you say lower concentration works better, for the topical, is this due to the potential for less than 100% absorbtion of the taurine into the solution? I didn’t see that any reaidue was left. I also add alcohol to help with the absorption on the scalp. I am using almost 3x the amount as you, so if there is not any advantage, I could save on taurine and cut back.

Sorry to @EIRE24, for diverting the thread with the non-taurine questions. I thought Muck13 was the OP!

@Muckl3, if you don’t mind, I’ll ask you additional T3 questions on my own thread.

Muckl3

When you say lower concentration works better, for the topical, is this due to the potential for less than 100% absorbtion of the taurine into the solution? I didn’t see that any reaidue was left. I also add alcohol to help with the absorption on the scalp. I am using almost 3x the amount as you, so if there is not any advantage, I could save on taurine and cut back.

Sorry to @EIRE24, for diverting the thread with the non-taurine questions. I thought Muck13 was the OP!

@Muckl3, if you don’t mind, I’ll ask you additional T3 questions on my own thread.
To be honest it’s just how my hair/scalp seems to feel, that’s about how scientific I can go on why :)
Yeah I use alcohol too and it drys faster, I know with taurine you can use water only though. Try the lower concentration for a while and see how you feel and as you say you could save.

I remember reading Haidut saying (regarding solban) that the product builds up and stays in your system longer with topical use so I think even at lower concentrations of taurine it would reach a point that its built up also.

Regarding t3, yeah happy to chat just let me know.

Also I’m sorry too EIRE24, we derailed the thread a bit there.

Mossy

To be honest it’s just how my hair/scalp seems to feel, that’s about how scientific I can go on why :)
Yeah, that’s about my perspective as well, with most things—anecdotal. I have nothing against the scientific; my current knowledge is just so limited, as is my time. Thanks to all the great scientific minds on this forum who share their knowledge.

Vicecaz

What would be the risks of taking 2/3 grams of taurine in the long term? Say multiple months

LCohen

What would be the risks of taking 2/3 grams of taurine in the long term? Say multiple months

Nothing.

2-3 grams are pretty safe and optimal. I have seen studies using 6g for treating some conditions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals