Taurine Treatment Modulates Circadian Rhythms In Mice Fed A High Fat Diet

paymanz

Taurine Treatment Modulates Circadian Rhythms in Mice Fed A High Fat Diet. - PubMed - NCBI

Close ties have been made among certain nutrients, obesity, type 2 diabetes and circadian clocks. Among nutrients, taurine has been documented as being effective against obesity and type 2 diabetes. However, the impact of taurine on circadian clocks has not been elucidated. We investigated whether taurine can modulate or correct disturbances in daily rhythms caused by a high-fat diet in mice. Male C57BL/6 mice were divided in four groups: control (C), control + taurine (C+T), high-fat diet (HFD) and HFD + taurine (HFD+T). They were administered 2% taurine in their drinking water for 10 weeks. Mice were euthanized at 6:00, 12:00, 18:00, and 24:00. HFD mice increased body weight, visceral fat and food intake, as well as higher levels of glucose, insulin and leptin, throughout the 24 h. Taurine prevented increments in food intake, body weight and visceral fat, improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity and reduced disturbances in the 24 h patterns of plasma insulin and leptin. HFD downregulated the expression of clock genes Rev-erbα, Bmal1, and Per1 in pancreatic islets. Taurine normalized the gene and protein expression of PER1 in beta-cells, which suggests that it could be beneficial for the correction of daily rhythms and the amelioration of obesity and diabetes.

Last edited:
OP
P

paymanz

@paymanz interesting :)

Why taurine break my skin so bad ?
Did u try it before?
i dont know , maybe thats a short term reaction.

i took up to 4g a day before without any negative effect.and according to haidut taurine's plateau dose is 2g a day.so with 1-2g a day you can get maximum benefits.i think ray also is ok with 1-2g a day dose.

Taurine make me my skin face break so bad

People start asking me
That there are blood on my face I used to take 1 to 3 gram a day

I will try it again
Maybe next week

Last week I took a gram with a big healthy meal
I took a shower
After the shower my skin on the neck was bleeding

But maybe it's zinc or A or D or b12

Or maybe
imbalance in something in my body

By the way I have a very clean and clear skin
So I'm sure it's taurine

OP
P

paymanz

We must remember that the "HFD" almost certainly means high PUFA.
thats true , but also anyway a "high fat diet" is not a good thing, in ray's view...

HFD also is bad for dopamine system,which is also important for circadian rhythm!

thats true , but also anyway a "high fat diet" is not a good thing, in ray's view...

HFD also is bad for dopamine system,which is also important for circadian rhythm!

Ray has said he used to eat 50% fat, I think you're thinking of what he said about ketosis.

Could you link me where you read that a high fat diet is bad for the dopaminergic system?

OP
P

paymanz

Ray has said he used to eat 50% fat, I think you're thinking of what he said about ketosis.

Could you link me where you read that a high fat diet is bad for the dopaminergic system?
Reversal Of Dopamine System Dysfunction In Response To High-fat Diet

and ray mentioned that oxidizing fat turns on some stress signaling, and is stressful.i dont remember quote or where he said it but you can find it on forum.

i think ray is more pro carb than he used to be years ago.

Reversal Of Dopamine System Dysfunction In Response To High-fat Diet

and ray mentioned that oxidizing fat turns on some stress signaling, and is stressful.i dont remember quote or where he said it but you can find it on forum.

i think ray is more pro carb than he used to be years ago.

Okay, yet again, the study you linked has rats on a 60% fat diet, almost certainly a majority of that fat is PUFA, thus a statement like "HFD is bad for dopamine system" is misleading, the type of fat matters a lot. I bet a high pufa diet would have different effects than a high sfa diet.

Also I assume you think a high carb diet is good, yet the second study you linked says high carb low protein diets lower D2 density, I won't make any claims as the protein and fat level probably have an effect.

I think the quote your thinking of is when Ray said that during times of stress FFA's rise... This doesn't mean FFA's are stressful.

My main point I'm trying to make here is that any studies with high-fat diets are generally misleading because "HFD's" usually means high-pufa diets.

OP
P

paymanz

Okay, yet again, the study you linked has rats on a 60% fat diet, almost certainly a majority of that fat is PUFA, thus a statement like "HFD is bad for dopamine system" is misleading, the type of fat matters a lot. I bet a high pufa diet would have different effects than a high sfa diet.

Also I assume you think a high carb diet is good, yet the second study you linked says high carb low protein diets lower D2 density, I won't make any claims as the protein and fat level probably have an effect.

I think the quote your thinking of is when Ray said that during times of stress FFA's rise... This doesn't mean FFA's are stressful.

My main point I'm trying to make here is that any studies with high-fat diets are generally misleading because "HFD's" usually means high-pufa diets.
unfortunately they havent mentioned what fat they used for that dopamine study.

but ray's quote on sat fat:
Just about everything that goes wrong, involves free fatty acids increase. If they're totally saturated fatty acids, such as from coconut oil and butter, those are less harmful, but they still tend to shift the mitochondrial cellular metabolism away from using glucose and fructose, and turning on various stress-related things (by lowering the carbon dioxide production, I think, is the main mechanism).
plus a high fat diet make you insulin resistant,and makes you less able to burn glucose.

my understanding is that you shift to fat burning in stressful situations, in general.

also high fat diet increase carnitine synthesis(PUFA highest stimulating effect , longer chain sat fat mild, and MCTGs lowest stimulating effect):

my question is what is the point of a high fat diet?even if it come from coconut oil.whats the benefit compared to carbs?

Last edited:
unfortunately they havent mentioned what fat they used for that dopamine study.

but ray's quote on sat fat:

plus a high fat diet make you insulin resistant,and makes you less able to burn glucose.

my understanding is that you shift to fat burning in stressful situations, in general.

also high fat diet increase carnitine synthesis(PUFA highest stimulating effect , longer chain sat fat mild, and MCTGs lowest stimulating effect):

my question is what is the point of a high fat diet?even if it come from coconut oil.whats the benefit compared to carbs?

Here's a thread I made where we discuss this in fine-ish detail:

Hey My Dudes [PUFA, Ketosis, Insulin Resistance]

Ray has too many quotes going one way or the other so I don't put too much stock in any isolated quotes of his... He's all about context.

Insulin resistance isn't necessarily a bad thing, something you can read about in the thread I linked.

I haven't come to a satisfactory answer on which macronutrient is the best and at this point I don't really care, it has no bearing in the real world, I try not to get too hung up on conceptualization.

With that said, I think glucose is theoretically better.