Taurine Topical

Dhair

Since taurine is apparently a very effective treatment for hair loss but it can cause some unwanted side effects when taken orally in large doses, I'd like to ask advice on how to create a topical solution (@haidut ?). I'm not very good at dealing with substances or research chemicals as far as making products are concerned, nor am I experienced with using an amino acid with topical application.
Anyone know where I could get started? I'm afraid I'd probably need step-by-step instructions and Google isn't usually too helpful with these things because everyone has a different opinion.

milk_lover

divide the weight of taurine in grams by the weight of water in grams and that is what a concentration is. For example, if you dissolve 1g of taurine in 100ml of water (which is roughly 100g of water), you get taurine solution concentration of 1%.

Now let's say we have this 1% solution, how much taurine you're getting depends on how much solution you use. For example, if you splash 50ml of the solution on your hair, you're getting 0.5 grams of taurine.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dhair

divide the weight of taurine in grams by the weight of water in grams and that is what a concentration is. For example, if you dissolve 1g of taurine in 100ml of water (which is roughly 100g of water), you get taurine solution concentration of 1%.

Now let's say we have this 1% solution, how much taurine you're getting depends on how much solution you use. For example, if you splash 50ml of the solution on your hair, you're getting 0.5 grams of taurine.
Thank you! Simple enough.
I feel really stupid now. :(

TubZy

I would be interested too. It would be so much easier buying an already made product dissolved in a good vehicle.

milk

Taurine dissolves well in water.

I just put 1g taurine in a glass with a little water, stir it a bit and apply it to the scalp.

I applied a solution consisting of 1g taurine, 500mg aspirin and some coffee powder to the scalp before sleep a few times, or just the taurine and aspirin, and my hair looked noticeably thicker in the morning.

TubZy

Taurine dissolves well in water.

I just put 1g taurine in a glass with a little water, stir it a bit and apply it to the scalp.

I applied a solution consisting of 1g taurine, 500mg aspirin and some coffee powder to the scalp before sleep a few times, or just the taurine and aspirin, and my hair looked noticeably thicker in the morning.

Thanks. Yeah, I actually do the same thing but I use a decent amount of water- I pretty much apply it to the top of my head. I like to use a small amount of ethanol so it drys quicker or else the water runs down my back and face. For the aspirin, do you dissolve the pill or straight powder?

From the taurine, have you noticed an increase in acne around the hairline where you apply it?

Also, the non dmso version of androsterone is out now from Haidut. Since it doesn't have DMSO in it, I think it could have some hair benefits applied topically b/c it's very pro-metabolic and a thyroid mimetic (increase oxygen consumption) (thyroid is very good for hair) so it could be an option. I tried to use T3 for one night and diluted it some water and applied to my hair before bed. Well, I did not sleep the entire night and was sweating so I could no experiment any further since before bed is the only time I can apply topicals besides in the shower so that was the end of my experiment. Androsterone, could work much better before bed since it has potent GABA agonist activity compared to T3.

Androsterone - The Forgotten But Potent Thyroid Mimetic