TAURINE The Key To Restoring Metabolic Function?

Frankdee20

My assessment of Taurine, meh. It's definitely calming when paired with Magnesium, and it enhances Mag's absorption. I take about 1-2 grams, paired together, a few times a week. Do I think I'll keep using it ? I see it as unnecessary, it's an Amino Acid, granted, a scarce one. Too much can elicit hypoglycemic type reactions. I can't say I'm noticing an androgen boost, or libido increase from it, and I've gone as high as 4 grams. Meh.

Zebra Collins

Taurine makes me extremely readily angry, whether taken internally or applied topically even the slightest upset can make me me feel intensely irritated.

Frankdee20

Taurine makes me extremely readily angry, whether taken internally or applied topically even the slightest upset can make me me feel intensely irritated.

Damn, I know for a fact if my blood sugar drops low, I'm very irritated. This could be why. Idk.

Zebra Collins

@Frankdee20 I don't know if it's a blood sugar drop as I don't experience typical symptoms associated with that. Many substances be they food, drink, supplements etc can put me in a bad mood, I seem to be always in a state of either anxiety, anger or depression and most things if they help one will likely exacerbate another!

Frankdee20

@Frankdee20 I don't know if it's a blood sugar drop as I don't experience typical symptoms associated with that. Many substances be they food, drink, supplements etc can put me in a bad mood, I seem to be always in a state of either anxiety, anger or depression and most things if they help one will likely exacerbate another!

when I did go through what you mentioned, these paradoxical reactions to supplements, I had hypersensitivity of the nervous system due to SSRI. Had a negative reaction, discontinued, and everything I'd try to take that was theoretically helpful, would make me crazy ! Only time helped that sensitivity subside.

Zebra Collins

@Frankdee20 I was on SSRI's for a while a few times throughout my twenties, I had side effects and do believe they did me no good, as a teenager I also had a course of Roaccutane and can't help but wonder if all these drugs messed me up!

Frankdee20

There was a dude named Charles Groenindijk, who established a helpful website called Antidepressantfacts. He wrote about all the dangers associated with that stuff. One segment, surviving a negative reaction, highlighted development of hypersensitive nervous systems from it. All sorts of strange idiosyncratic reactions to benign substances were hallmarks. He urged avoiding all supplements until one healed, the brain wasn't strong enough yet. It was the first time I saw validation of what the hell I was experiencing. Nobody understood, thought I was nuts. Now, years later, I have no issues that aren't otherwise typical with these nutricueticals.

Frankdee20

It was the worst 4-7 years of my life, waiting to reach homeostasis. Amazing how it's now a distant memory. However, a lot of psychological damage ensued. I have to try and relearn things again, not like math or academics. I mean how to function without that default of helplessness. Terrible terrible experience for me, that initial experience, the waiting, the roller coaster of being ok, then being depressed. They mess up your brain. SSRIS are like doing 65 in a 15 mph zone, it's not normal to prevent the metabolism of serotonin. Our brains were hi jacked.

Regina

It was the worst 4-7 years of my life, waiting to reach homeostasis. Amazing how it's now a distant memory. However, a lot of psychological damage ensued. I have to try and relearn things again, not like math or academics. I mean how to function without that default of helplessness. Terrible terrible experience for me, that initial experience, the waiting, the roller coaster of being ok, then being depressed. They mess up your brain. SSRIS are like doing 65 in a 15 mph zone, it's not normal to prevent the metabolism of serotonin. Our brains were hi jacked.
I forget if you have tried Diamant.
If you put some on your temples and jugular veins area and go for a walk. Remind yourself to spread your vision out as far peripherally as possible, don't look down, smile. Check out how beautiful everything is.

Frankdee20

I forget if you have tried Diamant.
If you put some on your temples and jugular veins area and go for a walk. Remind yourself to spread your vision out as far peripherally as possible, don't look down, smile. Check out how beautiful everything is.

This sounds interesting, and something I've never heard of before. Thanks Regina. I'll check it out

passivity

Well, you give me hope, I stopped klonopin 2 years ago and am still in hell, can't leave my house without meds, only 2 years to go.. (ppl from benzo w/d forums also estimate the duration of the protracted w/d to be 3- 7 years)

Frankdee20

Well, you give me hope, I stopped klonopin 2 years ago and am still in hell, can't leave my house without meds, only 2 years to go.. (ppl from benzo w/d forums also estimate the duration of the protracted w/d to be 3- 7 years)

Damn, it does get better but the trick is no reintroduction of benzodiazepines. One could even go as far to say no psychoactive meds, as other systems interfere with GABA system indirectly

passivity

Damn, it does get better but the trick is no reintroduction of benzodiazepines. One could even go as far to say no psychoactive meds, as other systems interfere with GABA system indirectly
Yeah... I dont take them often.

What did you even do in those 4-7 years?

FredSonoma

holy jeez no way that makes me sick

the amount of people in my family and close friendgroups on benzos is unreal, honestly might be 50%, its a sick drug too, really makes people sociopathic in my opinion

this really gives me zero hope to get any of them off of it either

passivity

holy jeez no way that makes me sick

the amount of people in my family and close friendgroups on benzos is unreal, honestly might be 50%, its a sick drug too, really makes people sociopathic in my opinion

Yeah.. I think that's pretty much the idea.

this really gives me zero hope to get any of them off of it either

Well, the day I get healed I will learn to appreciate every moment in life , at least...

Frankdee20

Yeah... I dont take them often.

What did you even do in those 4-7 years?

What ends up happening in the first 3-18 months ? Well for me, and what's typical with surviving a negative reaction, I could not function. Everything associated with normalcy goes out the window. There were periods of extreme hypersensitivity to light, sound, food, chemicals, etc. I'd be ok one minute then dysphoric the next. Time used to slow down, minutes seemed like hours, lost weight, lost the ability and energy to socialize. I did not leave the house, I could not take medicine anymore, I could not take supplements. I already knew it would take a long time to heal. Nobody believed it was from the antidepressant, nobody believed they could cause complete internal imbalance, effecting someone so profoundly. I had restlessness, not as bad as the initial akithisia, but bad. Insomnia, extreme anxiety, profoundly pathologic depression, thoughts of suicide. I did the best I could to survive each day. Eventually the initial intensity waxed and waned, leaving me with in an apathetic, numb, depersonalized state. This was at the 2-4 year mark. I had no affect, my voice was like a dead monotone drawl, slow, no smiles, no spark in my eye, flat. It was then I was able to tolerate alcohol, 4-6 years mark, I drank heavily, I was working though. I had a child, and a marriage that I allowed my state of mind to destroy. I destroyed it. Then you just accept you could be dead inside for the rest of your life, and you stop fighting with yourself, or letting it frustrate, and upset you. Not only are you battling the normal depression from the chemical imbalance, your battling the state of frustration, and anger over what happened to you. Eventually you don't realize it, but as time passes, your nervous system gets stronger. One day, I was able to take things again, and slowly but surly, I gave my brain things it needed so badly for so many years. It's been almost 10 years since I first had the experience. I will never take a strongly Serotonin modifying drug or agent again, never take an antidepressant again.

Frankdee20

Antidepressantfacts.com was a very informative website started by a Prozac survivor from the Netherlands. It took him 7 years to recover. He has moved on with his life, but it was an intense experience for him. The excerpt titled surviving a negative reaction pertained to me. I believe Peter Breggin called this state Chronic Brain Inpairment.

passivity

What ends up happening in the first 3-18 months ? Well for me, and what's typical with surviving a negative reaction, I could not function. Everything associated with normalcy goes out the window. There were periods of extreme hypersensitivity to light, sound, food, chemicals, etc. I'd be ok one minute then dysphoric the next. Time used to slow down, minutes seemed like hours, lost weight, lost the ability and energy to socialize. I did not leave the house, I could not take medicine anymore, I could not take supplements. I already knew it would take a long time to heal. Nobody believed it was from the antidepressant, nobody believed they could cause complete internal imbalance, effecting someone so profoundly. I had restlessness, not as bad as the initial akithisia, but bad. Insomnia, extreme anxiety, profoundly pathologic depression, thoughts of suicide. I did the best I could to survive each day. Eventually the initial intensity waxed and waned, leaving me with in an apathetic, numb, depersonalized state. This was at the 2-4 year mark. I had no affect, my voice was like a dead monotone drawl, slow, no smiles, no spark in my eye, flat. It was then I was able to tolerate alcohol, 4-6 years mark, I drank heavily, I was working though. I had a child, and a marriage that I allowed my state of mind to destroy. I destroyed it. Then you just accept you could be dead inside for the rest of your life, and you stop fighting with yourself, or letting it frustrate, and upset you. Not only are you battling the normal depression from the chemical imbalance, your battling the state of frustration, and anger over what happened to you. Eventually you don't realize it, but as time passes, your nervous system gets stronger. One day, I was able to take things again, and slowly but surly, I gave my brain things it needed so badly for so many years. It's been almost 10 years since I first had the experience. I will never take a strongly Serotonin modifying drug or agent again, never take an antidepressant again.

wow, thanks, seems almost identical to the benzo w/d.

it's just sad to see how life passes me by.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals