TAURINE The Key To Restoring Metabolic Function?

Would taurine help warm up my painfully cold hands and feet?

Fill out my form and I'll tell you what I think:

Weight
Gender of birth
General weekly diet
If available, current blood labs taken from you when fasted for at least 12 hours
All pharmaceutical medications you currently take
All pharmaceutical medications you have taken in the past including any birth control
All dietary supplements including "natural" hormones you currently take
All dietary supplements including "natural" hormones you have taken in the past
Activity on a weekly basis
Approximate location in the world
What kind of water you drink
How much sunlight you receive directly on your skin and on which parts of the body
Level of life stress
Level of sexual satisfaction
How many hours you sleep per night
How often you wake up during sleep
What hours to sleep from and to, as in normal or late like 3am-noon
What products you put on your skin like make up, soap, and other chemicals
Quality of the air you breathe/Environmental exposure to chemicals such as living near a power plant, a freeway, or working in a mine

Last edited:

thegiantess

Weight
Gender of birth
General weekly diet
If available, current blood labs taken from you when fasted for at least 12 hours
All pharmaceutical medications you have taken in the past including any birth control
How much sunlight you receive directly on your skin and on which parts of the body
Level of life stress
Quality of the air you breathe/Environmental exposure to chemicals such as living near a power plant, a freeway, or working in a mine

I'm really hoping this person fills out this form. So intrigued by this questionnaire and the pending diagnosis.

Barry Obummer

I'll save us some time because you are probably going to say I consume about 100 times more PUFA than I should. I am new to Peat and I am working on it. I Probably cut it down by %25 percent in the last couple weeks. I am going to continue to reduce. I appreciate your interest in helping.

Weight
Gender of birth
General weekly diet
Level of life stress

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

I may have you mixed up with someone else, but I thought you said at one time that taking lysine began to reverse the weight loss and stretch mark loss that you experienced on taurine. If that was you, then did it stop having that effect after a while ?

Yes, I derived quite a benefit from Lysine. It, more than anything I've done seems to antagonize serotonin. There are various places in my body which, from my thyroid cancer, hurt every minute of every day for 2 years. Casein helped relieve it but combining Lysine makes the pain go away entirely, and for extended periods of time. Lysine also seemed to help grow my hair back in places it was missing, and improved my skin condition. The stretch marks haven't really gone away, they looked like they were repairing when I ate a lot of shrimp which turns out to be the high amounts of arginine converting to nitric oxide (which has healing effects when it's not excess... in excess it prevents cellular maturation). Lysine also greatly relieved my insomnia. After taking lysine for a long time I began to develop a slight cough, which stopped when I ceased lysine. Lysine inhibits nitric oxide, and it's probably not good to be on it for a very long time without breaks (I took it for six months before noticing the cough). But it definitely suppresses serotonin and nitric oxide, in which it will relieve things like bloating and swelling caused by those. I noticed a significant effect on my gut and I think the weight loss benefits from Lysine were directly related to relief of intestinal water retention. After that was done I didn't notice lysine helping in visceral fat, but Taurine seems to be one of the main reasons for my visceral fat loss.

Parsifal

Yes, I derived quite a benefit from Lysine. It, more than anything I've done seems to antagonize serotonin. There are various places in my body which, from my thyroid cancer, hurt every minute of every day for 2 years. Casein helped relieve it but combining Lysine makes the pain go away entirely, and for extended periods of time. Lysine also seemed to help grow my hair back in places it was missing, and improved my skin condition. The stretch marks haven't really gone away, they looked like they were repairing when I ate a lot of shrimp which turns out to be the high amounts of arginine converting to nitric oxide (which has healing effects when it's not excess... in excess it prevents cellular maturation). Lysine also greatly relieved my insomnia. After taking lysine for a long time I began to develop a slight cough, which stopped when I ceased lysine. Lysine inhibits nitric oxide, and it's probably not good to be on it for a very long time without breaks (I took it for six months before noticing the cough). But it definitely suppresses serotonin and nitric oxide, in which it will relieve things like bloating and swelling caused by those. I noticed a significant effect on my gut and I think the weight loss benefits from Lysine were directly related to relief of intestinal water retention. After that was done I didn't notice lysine helping in visceral fat, but Taurine seems to be one of the main reasons for my visceral fat loss.

Which doses of Lysine are you taking? How does it work to reduce serotonin? Why would it work better than Tyrosine? Interesting testimony, thanks.

Jib

I'm currently taking around 8g of glycine a day, and 1.2g of taurine. After reading this, I'm upping my dose of taurine.

Took about 4g today and feel like I have more energy. Could be placebo, but we'll see.

I'm also back on potassium citrate, aiming for around 2g a day. Interesting about taurine and electrolytes. I was doing hair mineral analysis for a while; I wonder if taking minerals with taurine would improve their bioavailability?

Not to mention it contains sulfur, which is also an essential mineral.

I haven't read anything about lysine. I'm trying to narrow my supplements down lately to what is really necessary. An amino acid cocktail including taurine, glycine, and possibly lysine or others would be good. Both glycine and taurine seem to be making a significant difference for me in terms of sleep quality as well as mood stability.

superhuman

I dont get it. Why does taurine causes stomach bloat esp lower stomach and slower bowels? Why does this happen?

stressucks

I posted in my log that I think taurine causes me some stomach issues. Mostly just upset stomach type pain.

Otherwise it has had awesome effects on my energy. Going to try copper as mentioned in the OP.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Anyone any ideas on this? @haidut ?

Look at he thread on gut serotonin. It lists bile acids as irritating to the colon so if you take a lot of taurine and you synthesize a lot of bile acids this can happen. I don't know what the optimal dose of taurine would be, Ray said up to 1.5g daily and this is what animal and human studies show is the plateau for getting the benefits.

raypeatclips

Look at he thread on gut serotonin. It lists bile acids as irritating to the colon so if you take a lot of taurine and you synthesize a lot of bile acids this can happen. I don't know what the optimal dose of taurine would be, Ray said up to 1.5g daily and this is what animal and human studies show is the plateau for getting the benefits.

Thank you for responding, I am only at 500mg a day so didn't think I'd have problems but I've definitely noticed a slowing of the bowels.

stressucks

Sorry to be annoying - but in this thread:
Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

It's mentioned that 5g is the dose needed to achieve some effects.

haidut

Forum Supporter

stressucks

Taurine has been great for me. I get hair mineral tests done and my most recent one the minerals were the most balanced ever. Started taking Taurine 6 months ago.

ddjd

Taurine caused me problems with my central nervous system but I've no idea why. I had to stop using it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals