Taurine Reverses Thyroid Inhibition Due To Fluoride

biggirlkisss

reverse ominous filtration of showering is illegal because it wastes so much water. It's difficult to filter out fluoride. 80% of it is removed from reverse ominous.

Frankdee20

Is supplementing pure glycine better than eating gelatin though? This is what I keep wondering. If I am better off eating gelatin and getting more balanced amino acids, or just getting a good glycine supplement? I just started taking Taurine again. I had a bad experience with it at first - it made me very nauseous, but taking smaller doses helps.

Regarding magnesium, I'm an avid espresso drinker and got a good espresso machine just so I didn't need a magnesium supplement. The question is, how much magnesium is needed daily? I probably drink 8 - 12 oz. of espresso daily.

About Iodine, I think we should get a good thread going on this forum. I've taken Iodine in high doses this past year and had some pretty great effects from it. And based on my constant sushi cravings and the way my skin soaks up iodine very abruptly when I apply it topically, I'm not convinced what we "normally" get in food is enough. But I have to do more research on it. I really wish Cronometer had a better nutrient list. Things like Taurine, Biotin and Iodine are not even listed in the nutrient profiles.

You must be joking if you think your getting sufficient magnesium from coffee... you need 400 mg daily. Even if a cup had 10 mg, 40 cups of coffee a day is ridiculous. Get it from beans, chocolate, spinach, almonds, buckwheat, mineral water

burtlancast

A reminder here about a single 50 mg dose of Lugol being able to increase urinary fluoride excretion by a factor of 20...

A reminder here about a single 50 mg dose of Lugol being able to increase urinary fluoride excretion by a factor of 20...
Is that dose safe to take on a daily basis?

burtlancast

Is that dose safe to take on a daily basis?

Japanese people ingest an average of 12 mg/day throughout all their lives without any problem.(look for Dr Guy Abraham papers)

I would always supplement with 300 micrograms of selenium and 1 gr of magnesium at the same time.

Ray of course disagrees.

Japanese people ingest an average of 12 mg/day throughout all their lives without any problem.(look for Dr Guy Abraham papers)

I would always supplement with 300 micrograms of selenium and 1 gr of magnesium at the same time.

Ray of course disagrees.

Thanks, I might try it sometime.

Inaut

What’s the easiest/least painful way of applying lugols to the scrotum? I burn my balls everytime I try

What’s the easiest/least painful way of applying lugols to the scrotum? I burn my balls everytime I try
Why not dissolve it (50mg) in water then drink it?

Ray of course disagrees.

What did Ray say about it?

cdg

As we all know, fluoride exposure is ubiquitous these days. Even if you avoid drinking tap water, eating any kind of commercial food will give you plenty of fluoride as tap water is used everywhere for cost reasons. Fluoride has well-known negative effect on the thyroid but this topic is taboo to bring up in public policy meetings. You may get booed out of the room.
Well, this study does not beat around the bush and states directly that fluoride administration at levels even lower than what humans are regularly exposed to, caused both renal and thyroid damage. Adding taurine in a human equivalent dose of about 15 mg/kg or 30 mg/kg for a period of 45 days reversed that damage, with especially notable effects of the lower dose taurine (15 mg/kg) on restoring levels of T3. The even better news is that the reversal of the damage occurred even in the presence of continued consumption of fluoride.

Taurine Ameliorates Renal Oxidative Damage and Thyroid Dysfunction in Rats Chronically Exposed to Fluoride. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Administration of taurine significantly reversed the fluoride-mediated decrease in absolute weight and organo-somatic index of the kidney in the exposed rats. Taurine significantly prevented fluoride-induced elevation in plasma urea and creatinine levels in the exposed rats. Moreover, taurine restored fluoride-mediated decrease in the circulatory concentrations of triiodothyronine, thyroxine, and the ratio of triiodothyronine to thyroxine. Taurine ameliorated fluoride-mediated decrease in renal antioxidant status by significantly enhancing the antioxidant enzyme activities as well as glutathione level in the exposed rats. Additionally, taurine inhibited fluoride-induced renal oxidative damage by markedly decreasing the hydrogen peroxide and malondialdehyde levels as well as improved the kidney architecture in the treated rats. Collectively, taurine protected against fluoride-induced renal toxicity via enhancement of thyroid gland function, renal antioxidant status, and histology in rats."
Adding taurine in a human equivalent dose of about 15 mg/kg or 30 mg/kg for a period of 45 days reversed that damage, with especially notable effects of the lower dose taurine (15 mg/kg) on restoring levels of T3. The even better news is that the reversal of the damage occurred even in the presence of continued consumption of fluoride. In the study they are talking about 200mg/kg so why do you say 15 or 30mg/kg in humans? Sorry for my ignorance but I need understand his before I try. Many thanks.

cremes

@cdg Take a look at Table 1 on this page.

When they do tests on mice or rats or rabbits or other animals then you need to convert the dosage they use to something suitable for humans. The table in the paper gives the conversion values. That's why.

cdg

@cdg Take a look at Table 1 on this page.

When they do tests on mice or rats or rabbits or other animals then you need to convert the dosage they use to something suitable for humans. The table in the paper gives the conversion values. That's why.
Many thanks, just seems strange that a 200mg/kg mouse dose should work out be around 15mg/kg for humans. One should have thought that the mouse dose should have been smaller than the human dose?

So the lower recommended dose of 15mg/kg for 70 Kg person should be 15x70 = 1,050mg or about 1 gm which just standard dosage on the bottle?